Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

Almost feels like home again. :p

Came here to ask wth is going on because the forum feels so snappy now.

That said, I am still having occasional hangups and the average loading time per click is still more than in practically any other current forum software..

Matt2000;n3549495 said:
The forums seem really fast this morning, even the long threads. Has something changed? Was the patch mentioned above for vB? It’s strange but welcome. :)

Quiky rose from the dead and fixed some issues with the database server. There's still some issues but yeah, should be way faster now.

I still want to switch to XenForo though which I like a lot better than vB. I have a test site nearly working -- just needs some server configuration changes for pretty URLs to work.

Viper007Bond;n3549543 said:
Quiky rose from the dead and fixed some issues with the database server. There's still some issues but yeah, should be way faster now.
All hail the hypno-Quiky!

Viper007Bond;n3549543 said:
I still want to switch to XenForo though which I like a lot better than vB. I have a test site nearly working -- just needs some server configuration changes for pretty URLs to work.
All hail the hypno-Viper!

Praise be to both!

Great to hear that Quiky is alive and kicking, the speed boost is definitely appreciated. As is your work Viper. :)

Came here to say the same thing. It feels fantastic to be visiting multiple times an hour again (as opposed to once a day).

This is amazing, thanks again Quicky and Viper :cheers:

You can goof around on http://beta.fpsportal.com/ if you want. The data is from an older backup (so data from the past X weeks is missing), it's not fully configured to how I'll want it in the end (I don't want to spend forever tweaking a test site), pretty URLs aren't fully working, etc. but it'll give you an idea how the new forums will look and work.

Viper007Bond;n3549624 said:
You can goof around on http://beta.fpsportal.com/ if you want. The data is from an older backup (so data from the past X weeks is missing), it's not fully configured to how I'll want it in the end (I don't want to spend forever tweaking a test site), pretty URLs aren't fully working, etc. but it'll give you an idea how the new forums will look and work.

1.) First test-thread needs approval ("Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly.") - will mods be there or will that have to be disabled/modified? (Edit, same for replies to existing threads)
2.) PM inbox almost full notification uptop states literally "{username}:" instead of .. well my username ;)

3.) Should we make a separate thread for actual XF feedback? We probably should. Should it be here on or the test board though..?

Last edited:
thomas;n3549626 said:
1.) First test-thread needs approval ("Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly.") - will mods be there or will that have to be disabled/modified? (Edit, same for replies to existing threads)
2.) PM inbox almost full notification uptop states literally "{username}:" instead of .. well my username ;)

3.) Should we make a separate thread for actual XF feedback? We probably should. Should it be here on or the test board though..?

1) Approved. Not sure why it went into moderation.

2) Yeah, that was vB style. Disabled notifications for now.

3) Make a new thread here please, but don't be too picky. As said, it's mostly for testing the successful import of all of our content and general XenForo testing. We'll worry about configuration after the real import.

forums were down all day yesterday because of database migration, yet still on vBulletin?
i was expecting an all new layout today :)

Attaching images fails due to wrong permissions for the attachment directory on the server.

Quily is working on moving us to less expensive hosting. Once it's all working, we'll migrate to XenForo.

Great news!

How do you edit your signature on vB5? I've searched everywhere in the profile and settings screens, can't seem to find it.