Forza 2 Dyno run, Identify the VTEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

v0od0o

Car(s)
981 CS
An article about a heavily tuned NA Integra Type R that was being dyno-ed for Forza 2 by the Turn 10 team (The new name for the folks developing Forza at MS) The car is brilliant and they have a small contest with 4 different sound files for 4 different VTEC engines at the end of it. Identify the specific Integra Type R they talk about or all the 4 for TBD prizes :)

As for myself, I enjoyed the sound files never mind the contest :)

hmm... it sounds like its 1 & 3 to me, 3rd one being the modified one, no stock car has such close gear ratios. Clip 2 sounds too low pitched to be a DC2 integra 1.8l VTEC engine, sounds more like a flat-4, but I don't hear any turbo whine so I don't think its a subaru, could be though... not sure. Clip 4 I just know for sure its an inline-4. BUt its really hard to tell which is VTEC, the guy I believe isn't revving to the redline, I don't even think he hit the VTEC range on any of the cars.

All 4 are VTEC engines, they said that :)

I could hear the VTEC myself, they had to be revved to the redline to get the complete range for the game :)

hmm... but the bump in the beginning sounded too low to be in the VTEC range, maybe I just haven't been in VTEC cars for a long time, the last time I was in a civic type-r was about 1.5years ago

I'm pretty sure that andy hui is right about the 'tegras. I have a decent idea about the other two also. I think that the second one is a B16 honda civic (that was the smallest V-tec) and the last one was either an integra GS-R B18 or aK20 from the S2k and RSX type s.

Its the third one. I know the sound of a standard ITR off by heart at this stage, and thats number one. The second sounds more like a CTR, very narrow power band and rev range, the third one pulls longer and harder than the rest, looking at the specsheet would point to that ...

All the same, what a sound ....

Damn, for some reason, I can't play the second and third sound files :(

Status
Not open for further replies.