Forza 5

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST

Its beautiful!
And its a launch title at the end of the year!

It looks good, but you wouldn't know it was a next-gen console unless they told you..... I'll be keeping an eye on it but if the console is expensive, it will be a while before I play it.

Hmmm... I seem to hear a familiar voice doing the commentary... Waiting for a proper car and track list though to see whether I might actually get this (along with the console).

I'll be getting it, no doubt about that. The usual release time for new Forza games has been November I believe so maybe that's when we can expect the new console.

Depending of the choice or racing wheels, I might be switching from GT5 to Forza :p

The worst part is I have an excellent G25 sitting here that will never work with it.

Hmmm... I seem to hear a familiar voice doing the commentary... Waiting for a proper car and track list though to see whether I might actually get this (along with the console).

Always thought he's a Gran Turismo fan...

I'm hoping the new Xbox will have better racing wheel options.

Me too, but nope. It's only going to support awful M$ branded wheels and insanely expensive boutique wheels.

Hopefully the controller is similar to the 360 controller.

Hopefully the controller is similar to the 360 controller.

xboxonecontroller0521-610.jpg

It's pretty similar. The triggers are now apparently going to have force feedback though, should be great for getting a proper feel of the brakes. As for wheels if this is going to hang around as long as the 360 did I'll probably get the compatible Fanatec as soon as I can on the basis that I'll have it for quite some time.

Last edited:
The lack of backwards compatibility is worrisome for me. Sure it has all the same buttons and everything, but if my Fanatec wheel and pedals don't work with this new xbox, I will be very disappointed. That being said, Forza 5 looks great and with it seeming to be a launch title, maybe there will be some sort of bundle deal as well!

My thoughts when we were talking about this yesterday were that Fanatec should be able to sell an upgrade kit for the existing wheels, even if it consists of an entirely new circuit board it would still be far cheaper than a new wheel.

I'm hoping that the exporting capabilities of Forza are improved for this new game, the DVR was mentioned in the reveal and I think it involved recording from games but Forza still needs the replay and exporting system improving.

There is no technical reason why something like a steering wheel would not be compatible. The game has to be designed to support it no matter what platform it is on. If the Forza 4 wheels don't work, it will be intentional.

Last edited:
Awesome :), hopefully Prague will be a new track, the buildings in the video look very detailed and surprisingly similar to the real things.

Sounds like anything else than MS gear is a no go:

"Xbox One was designed from the ground up with entirely new technology to deliver a new generation of experiences for both games and entertainment For example, the Wireless Controller will connect to the console using high speed data transfer to enable higher fidelity headset audio and future controller add-on experiences that are not possible with Xbox 360 wireless technology. Additionally, the all-new Kinect sensor's ability to locate the wireless controller is dependent on new technology. In order for Xbox One to deliver robust, meaningful gaming scenarios for all users across all experiences, only Xbox One controllers and accessories will work with the new console."

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/microsoft-only-xbox-one-controllers-accessories-will-work-wit/

So, really, the only new things confirmed thus far are

1. A Prague track
2. The McLaren P1
3. Headlamps

I've always been a fan of Forza, but whether or not I get an Xbox One and this at launch depend on more details.

I wouldn't take that at face value just yet, sure the controllers won't work, but game-specific accessories can still be made to work. With the Fanatec wheel that might mean plugging in the USB cable rather than using the wireless sync. If the Forza 4 wheel, which is over $300 with accessories, does not work with Forza 5, that might be enough to make me not buy the game on principle (I have a friend with the wheel).