Forza 5

300 cars less than the predecessor? No iconic race tracks? Paid DLC from day one? Thanks but no thanks.
Nurburgring was 1 of the 2 tracks I had most fun on and played most (other was Laguna Seca).
Completely agree.

I won't pay $80 for this game.. even $60 is too high. Once the price hits $30 or so, then I'll get it--- if I don't end up rage-cancelling my XboxOne pre-order due to more feature cuts. This "next generation" of consoles and games is looking pretty shitty so far.

Completely agree.

I won't pay $80 for this game.. even $60 is too high. Once the price hits $30 or so, then I'll get it--- if I don't end up rage-cancelling my XboxOne pre-order due to more feature cuts. This "next generation" of consoles and games is looking pretty shitty so far.

I'm with you, it's been pretty underwhelming across all parties (starting with the wii u) - i'm getting forza 5 LE as part of a bundle with a controller and live so worked out to about AUD$50 (forza 5 by itself is AUD$90)

no iconic race tracks? depends on your view point but mount panorama certainly is. I personally prefer cars done right rather than say I dunno HD and non HD cars

I'd agree with that sentiment. I think they're looking at the big picture and are re-building everything from the ground up. Nurburgring DLC is expected in January AFAIK. Fair enough, it should be included in the game but if they bring us the first and proper next-generation version of the 'ring, then I'll gladly pay for it. No video game has yet to do it justice.

I'd agree with that sentiment. I think they're looking at the big picture and are re-building everything from the ground up. Nurburgring DLC is expected in January AFAIK. Fair enough, it should be included in the game but if they bring us the first and proper next-generation version of the 'ring, then I'll gladly pay for it. No video game has yet to do it justice.

don't get my wrong though, things like day-one DLC piss me off. It also came up on the forza forums that not everything is "new" but some of it is old stuff that was good enough.

The other complaints are legitimate, but this one doesn't compute for me if you're comparing 5 to 4. Forza 4 did the exact same thing, with an American Muscle pack available on day 1 to people who bought a Season Pass for DLC.

Just hope that you are right. Forza Horizon hasn't gotten a lot of DLC, and people justified it by saying that it's a different "genre" than Forza 4. But let me also remind you that Eden/Atari made a similar statement about TDU2 - it had half the cars of the original TDU, but they wanted to focus on "quality over quantity," and promised cars and bikes will be added as DLC.

A year later they offered a very over-priced pack of 10-15 vehicles, and by that time the game was mostly dead.

tl;dr - DLC is bullshit! Just make a good and complete game to begin with.

tl;dr - DLC is bullshit! Just make a good and complete game to begin with.

Theres nothing wrong with DLC. If the game is released now, then a few months later Ford unveils the 2015 Mustang or Lambo comes out with an Aventador SV, why not add it to the game later. But a DLC on day 1 means the content is there, why is it not included? Thats what pisses me off.

Theres nothing wrong with DLC. If the game is released now, then a few months later Ford unveils the 2015 Mustang or Lambo comes out with an Aventador SV, why not add it to the game later. But a DLC on day 1 means the content is there, why is it not included? Thats what pisses me off.

Agreed, that's what I meant too.

Perhaps a better approach would be to utilize what some modern online racing games do - have you pay real money for the cars you want to buy, but the actual game is free. So, make Forza completely free...but then have users pay for the cars they want to use (not too expensive though, apart from some "unique" cars). I've always dreamed of a racing game that has some exclusivity - a limited number of really expensive cars. TDU1 tried to do that to an extent. TDU2 failed massively - pretty much everyone that played online had a Veyron SS. So boring.

I never thought they would remove Nordschliefe, that's a really dumb move. If I hadn't already decided I wasn't getting Forza 5 I would've done by now. Come on over to Assetto Corsa guys, we have the kettle on and some comfy chairs. :)

Agreed, that's what I meant too.

Perhaps a better approach would be to utilize what some modern online racing games do - have you pay real money for the cars you want to buy, but the actual game is free. So, make Forza completely free...but then have users pay for the cars they want to use (not too expensive though, apart from some "unique" cars). I've always dreamed of a racing game that has some exclusivity - a limited number of really expensive cars. TDU1 tried to do that to an extent. TDU2 failed massively - pretty much everyone that played online had a Veyron SS. So boring.

I like that approach. You get the game engine for free and pay only for the cars and tracks you want. Maybe include a base set of 5-10 cars and 2-3 tracks.

Problem is that they wouldn't make much money then. Sure there would be the occasional gamer that would spend $500 to get all the cars and tracks, but most of us would probably spend $10 on a handful of cars and tracks and play with those until bored. Although that probably wouldn't be an issue with Forza since F4 has a huge varied selection of really cool cars. PD wouldn't be able to do this with their 700 Japanese shitboxes, 200 different Skylines and 70 different Miatas though :lol:

Apparently part of the reason for the exclusion of something like the 'Ring, is that all the new tracks have been laserscanned this time around. Supposedly it's a much more time consuming process, so something on that scale wasn't feasible for this release window.

I have to say though, I think Forza5 looks great, and seems to be a very solid launch title. But that's just what it is, a launch title, with all the cuts and compromises that usually come with that. It's pretty obvious that content has been cut in quite a major way to make the date.

And honestly, I think that's all right. It looks to be one of the better launch titles on either Xbox One or PS4, and Turn 10 have been releasing Forza games y two years, so you'd expect a more feature full game to arrive within that time span. Hopefully with night races and weather included as well :)

It's fun and it works well with the new controller

but

holy hell do I feel like I'm getting ripped off at every opportunity, there is more 'pay more now' than alot of free to play games

What idiot thought Abu Dhabi would be better to include over Suzuka, Hockenheim, Nurburgring, or Sears Point?!

the one who figured out they can charge for it as DLC

$10 says this will become a free on xbox live gold game

Lotus E21 + Spa = All your complaints vanishing in an instant. Just simply awesome.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Going through Eau Rouge, Pouhon and Blanchimont flat out is just so satisfying. :driving:

Last edited:
Forza 5

Borrowed the game, installing now... But a 6GB update?!

Edit: Xbox one is now broken, courtesy of Forza. Went into network connection failure, then froze. Won't boot now, continual black screen. Attempting recovery with osudt2 now...

Last edited:
So, I had some time with the game. For some reason, I just don't care. And I wanted to love it. Really, I did. But I feel like it's just a rehashed F4 with something missing. So, it's got Spa. Great! But I can only do that for so long. Plus, they're asking for a lot of money of you want ALL the cars. I sold it to a friend who seems happy. Kinda bummed.