Forza 6 Officially announced.

The game looks like that.

Yeah it's hard to tell if that is 100% accurate but the launch trailer looks like that and claims to be game footage. The game does look gorgeous.

Just looked at the final list of cars and tracks, I have to say I'm disappointed that they dropped the Alfa Montreal as it's one of my favourite cars. I guess I'll just have to go back to FM4 if I want to relive the glory days with the Angry Alfa.

Hmm... Checking out the car list gives me a few idea. May bring back the old favourite races we all had in FM4.

I think I know the car you have in mind. :D

[video=youtube;_kpahoc-QJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kpahoc-QJw[/video]

It begins.

ItBegins.jpg

Edit: Can we get this thread name changed to just me Forza Motorsport 6 or should we create a new thread for the game now it is (partially) released?

Last edited:
My Fanatec finally came in. Have to get the thing dialed in, the force feedback at the stock setup is way to heavy.

Decided to break from the career today to have a couple of custom endurance races against the AI. In Forza 4 I would've just picked these from the massive selection in the career menu but that just isn't there any more and I don't want to do the showcase races in proper racing cars.

First race was 25 laps of good old Road Atlanta, in a D350-something Abarth 595 that cocked one of its front wheels if you overcooked a corner a little bit, fully manual with the clutch. Great fun going up and down the gears and the engine is so rev-happy nailing heel-toe downshifts was easy. I didn't want to fight with the AI for 50 minutes so set the drivtards to 'inexperienced'. If the straight line speed was better I would've been out of sight by the end of the first lap, but I was quickly overtaken on the long straight by about 7 cars before taking those places back in the final corners. I think I lapped the pack at least twice, coasting most of the final lap as I was right on the border of running out of fuel. About 40K XP points gained.

That was too easy really so I got out my GMC Vandura and got that to C499 for a 35 lap race at Laguna Seca, this time with the difficultly set to 'expert'. I also decided to go for sequential this time as the van makes grinding noises on almost every shift when using full manual regardless of whether it's bad or not. 35 laps worked out to 1 hour 5 minutes and even with the difficulty cranked up and a big wobbly van I barely noticed the difference. A couple of the drivatards kept crashing on the first turn, at one point spinning and blocking my path on lap 32. Even with damaged suspension I cruised home with the win though and lapped the pack at least once, bagging at least 60 'perfect turn' scores. Obviously I had to pit because I was in a V8 van. 67K XP gained.

I'm very happy with how my wheel is working, the full sized rim really does work well too.

Does anyone else think they kind of made it too easy to accumulate cars and points? With the spins every driver level, you end up with 2 million credits and a Veyron after a few dozen races. Where's the challenge?!

Yes it's far too easy. My first spin on the demo got me a Veyron and to my surprise the same thing as happened on the full game. I've suddenly started getting more mod packs, which I don't use...

Edit: I actually miss the difficulty of the old Gran Turismo games where you had to start out with a used MX-5 or something and no cash before working your way up.

Last edited:
To be fair they sell the credits for real cash so they have to be really careful about making the game grindy.

To be fair they sell the credits for real cash so they have to be really careful about making the game grindy.

Who is buying credits for real money when they're so easy to get in game? If they want to sell me credits, don't give me two million of them for playing for an hour.

Got hold of a capture device and decided to try it out with some stuff. :)

[video=youtube;FLKuE-A2-B8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLKuE-A2-B8[/video]

Who is buying credits for real money when they're so easy to get in game? If they want to sell me credits, don't give me two million of them for playing for an hour.

Late reply, but that's kind of my point. I think they overcompensated to make sure there were not complaints about paywalling the credits.

Messing around again.