Forza 6 Officially announced.

Lightning Count

B7MMBYmCYAALUGK.jpg:large

Not much info as they just tweeted the announcement.

ib2wNmORsMi6bw.png

Announcement video sauce

Hoping it won't be long before the car list is up. :mrgreen:

I'm assuming this will still stick to the November release cycle, so I'm not getting too excited yet. Now I own an XBone I'll be getting it anyway, Horizon is great but I miss the proper racing from Forza 4.

I miss the online racing with FG guys even more. :(

I'm assuming this will still stick to the November release cycle, so I'm not getting too excited yet. Now I own an XBone I'll be getting it anyway, Horizon is great but I miss the proper racing from Forza 4.

I miss the online racing with FG guys even more. :(

Me too!

I hope this will be a return to form. 5 was very pretty but felt like a big step back in too many areas in terms of cut content.

I'll wait to see the car list and especially the track list as the lack of Suzuka, Motegi, Tsukuba, Fujimi Kaido and Sears Point in 5 was a huge letdown.

Last edited:
Let's revive this, shall we:

Some major points from here:

• 450+ cars, each with ForzaVista. (This puts it back in the realm of Forza 3 and 4, which each had between 400-500+ cars depending on the edition bought.)
  • 26 "world-famous" locations, including all 17 from Forza 5 and ten new ones. (Yes, the math doesn't add up; they double-count Indy as "new" and "returning" since they rescanned it after track renovations in 2014.)

If you need a quick reminder, the returning tracks are: Bernese Alps, Circuit de Catalunya, Spa, Indianapolis*, Le Mans, Long Beach, Laguna Seca, Bathurst, The Ring, Prague, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Silverstone, the airfield Test Track, the Top Gear track, and Yas Marina

*Claimed newly rescanned for FM6 after renovations to the actual track.

Four of the all-new environments are: Rio de Janeiro, Daytona, Watkins Glen, and Brands Hatch.
  • Night racing (purportedly only with clear weather)
  • Weather effects
  • 24 car racing, online or offline
    [*]The return of split-screen multiplayer
  • 70+ hour Career mode divided into volumes telling "Stories of Motorsport", punctuated by Showcase events highlighting a particular race mode like Autocross or endurance racing

Screens:
694f717d-e237-484a-99d6-348415357660.jpg

e663910d-9d4f-4ebd-b21c-e6ffaffd15c3.jpg

fe6e9b93-a524-4f73-9e85-c6e8bec71311.jpg

1a829256-fe40-4639-ac1f-c6379bf1f439.jpg

fd58935f-f87f-4984-b29f-65341bb52bf4.jpg

bb18f598-4a6d-4ff2-b461-016cdd3307cf.jpg

9d5272b3-9cae-408c-b1ae-b8f0743e91d7.jpg

In addition, they have announced the first two car packs, one available as Day 1 DLC to all editions of the game (The Ten Year Anniversary Car Pack) and one only available to those who spend extra to buy VIP status (The VIP Pack)

Ten Year Pack:

2013 Audi Team Forza R8 Coup? V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro
2013 SRT Team Forza Viper GTS
2008 Aston Martin Team Forza DBS
2003 Nissan Team Forza Fairlady Z
2014 Lamborghini Team Forza Hurac?n LP 610-4
2009 Ferrari Team Forza 458 Italia
2012 BMW Team Forza M5
2005 Honda NSX-R
2013 Audi Team Forza RS 7 Sportback
2013 McLaren Team Forza P1

You'll note they're cars not new to Forza, they're simply tuned and liveried to celebrate Forza.

The VIP Pack:

2013 Lamborghini Veneno
2013 Ferrari 458 Speciale
1997 McLaren F1 GT
2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato
2016 Ford Shelby GT350R

This might be what tips me to buy an Xbox One.

It looks so good and I just know it won't work with my G25 whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I never bought 5, I have Horizon 2 which I regret purchasing hugely (Maybe 5 hours of playtime). Probably will buy 6. Need something other than madden 15 to play on my xbone.

Looks great, huge step up from FM5.

Might be a good game to restart the old races we had in FM4? Not seen any GT3 cars, but there is some other promising stuff.

Last edited:
This is looking great so far, ticks all the boxes. It even has G force effects on the raindrops, which Driveclub has but Project Cars doesn't (it's the only reason I won't buy PC). Definitely pre-ordering. I'll probably unearth the time-attack tournament too if enough people have it. :)

Now I just need a wheel that works with my XBOne...

Would buying a TX 458 wheel, pedals and shifter, ripping the guts out of them all and piggybacking them on my T500, Fanatec pedals and shifter be considered overkill?

Edit: I need a Clubsport wheel and the new U-hub. I just do. :D

Last edited:
I was originally going to just skip this one, a couple of things happened.
1) I loved Horizon and Horizon 2, but I realized that I enjoyed the racing more than just driving around. Forza Motorsport is just that, so I'm back to being interested in that.
2) Porsche.

Porsche.

Did I mention Porsche?

1) I loved Horizon and Horizon 2, but I realized that I enjoyed the racing more than just driving around. Forza Motorsport is just that, so I'm back to being interested in that.

I realised in the last few weeks that I really played Horizon 2 that I missed the circuit racing. No matter what you do the Horizon games never give you the opportunity to learn a track you know and love.

So, show of hands who is going to be buying this. I'd rather not be Billy no-mates and there's no way I'm playing online with randoms.

I have to say though that the recent videos from Gamescom have me nervous, compatibility with the Fanatec kit that I'm getting seems sketchy.

I'll be getting it. Then again, I've gotten all of them.

So, show of hands who is going to be buying this. I'd rather not be Billy no-mates and there's no way I'm playing online with randoms.

I have to say though that the recent videos from Gamescom have me nervous, compatibility with the Fanatec kit that I'm getting seems sketchy.

I got burned with forza 5 so I'm going to hold for reviews

Launch trailer:

Demo is also out. I downloaded it and tried it last night and I have mixed feelings. The force feedback isn't great but is apparently better than it has been previously. I got very frustrated with my GT86 which seemed to have plastic tyres. Graphics are nice, night racing looks beautiful and the rain effects are very impressive.

Based on my experience I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to pre-order and which tier I'm going for. For digital downloads there are 3 tiers, the ultimate one giving you lots of extras. In the past I've bought the boxed limited edition which is also available but I'm not sure. :think:

The GT86's shit tires is actually a complaint people have about that car in real life. I wonder if the tire upgrade system is still like it was in Forza 4, where the tire upgrades just add X amount of grip and are therefore relative to the original tire (which makes no sense).

That asshole Challenger, taking out a Mustang by way of Camaro :lol:

But the Ferrari/Ford showdown at the end was a good touch.

Last edited:
OK so I played through the demo again tonight using the Impreza 22B. While it did seem to have RWD (the announcer states that all cars have been modified to make them equal) it was much more drivable than the GT86 and I was much happier with it. I've gone ahead and pre-ordered the ultimate edition, after buying the wheel it seemed pointless to cheap out on the game version. I'm also impatient so having it available 8 days early is worth it to me. :D

TV advert is awesome.

Does it looks that good in game or just in "replays" and what have you?