Forza Horizon 3

Excellent, thanks :)

Moar gamplay!

0 - 9:06 - Driving around in the outback in a Raptor.
9:07 - 19:48 - Horizon blueprint (Pretty much a custom race creator) and racing in a buggy on the same track we saw in the last gameplay video.
19:49 - End - Driving/drifting in a 240sx with a Rocket Bunny bodykit.
23:43 - Drone mode.

Looks great! :D

It also totally didn't occur to me until they mentioned it in the video that it'll be cross-platform play!

Last edited:
I wasn't going to buy this but I had a blast with Horizon 2 and I'm weak so I gave in an ordered the ultimate edition...

The 47.35GB is crawling so despite the early release for buying ultimate I might still have to wait until the 27th to play it...

Forza 6 Apex recently got racing wheel support, and I wanted to try that as a preview of how it will work in Horizon. Long story short it didn't, but there has been a patch that may fix it so I will have to try again. I have a Logitech G25 and my #1 complaint about the Forza franchise has been the inability to use it.

Forza 6 Apex recently got racing wheel support, and I wanted to try that as a preview of how it will work in Horizon. Long story short it didn't, but there has been a patch that may fix it so I will have to try again. I have a Logitech G25 and my #1 complaint about the Forza franchise has been the inability to use it.

It's basically the same engine so I don't see why it wouldn't work in Horizon, it's on the list for Apex so it should be working in that already.

Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

My Fanatec wheel isn't on there still (way to exclude the people paying the most Microsoft) but it works fine with the XBone and I know damn well I won't want to play through all of Horizon 3 using a wheel anyway.

Got the game, damn its so good to play a racing game on PC again, feels very TDU like.

Got the game, damn its so good to play a racing game on PC again, feels very TDU like.

Yes, kinda like TDU but not shit.

Yes, kinda like TDU but not shit.

True, but that still hurts to read.

How's performance for you guys? From what I have read it seems to have some micro stutters. I have seen reasons ranging from poor optimisation to encryption overhead.

That i5 6500 and 970 setup is exactly what I have. Kinda disappointing to see that it struggles to hit 60fps. It seems that the devs have acknowledged the poor performance and is working on a fix. Hope the demo drops soon enough so I can get a taste of things to come. I will be picking this up in the coming weeks either way when my schedule opens up a bit.

There are still some stutter issues, but theres hasnt been a patch yet, hopefully soon, the only major issue i have is framedrop in the customizing page

I haven't tried the PC yet, kinda seems pointless taking up the disk space when I have my XBone plugged in to the same TV.

I'm finding the cross country races just as infuriating as they were in FH2, I don't think the controller allows for quick enough steering corrections. I'm yet to try the wheel but with so much menu navigation I think that might get old fast (for example, I wouldn't be able to use the map properly).

The good:

It exists (PC version, don't have an Xbox, very happy about this)
Logitech G25 works. Not super good at it yet but I'm sure I'll get better. Slides are hard to catch. I reduced the steering linearity in the center to make it easier to drive straight. Something about it feels slightly off compared to Gran Turismo and Dirt Rally which I can play a lot better.
Gameplay itself seems solid. I cranked the difficulty way up in terms of assists and the starting GT350 is hard to keep on the road.
Switching between 360 controller, keyboard, and wheel works well (all plugged in at the same time).
Graphics are solid.

The bad:
Same stutters everyone is complaining about. Not game breaking but annoying.
Can't get much over 30 FPS on high with my GTX 1070. Will have to try medium.
Car customization menus laggy.
Had a few minor bugs such as the "explore your car" screen getting stuck bouncing around the tailgate.

I have a GTX 1070 too, i'm running 1440p Ultra ?solidly above 60 fps.

What's your processor? I've heard murmurings of the game being unusually processor heavy and not distributing properly across cores, and I have a relatively shitty (nowadays) AMD FX 8120.

What's your processor? I've heard murmurings of the game being unusually processor heavy and not distributing properly across cores, and I have a relatively shitty (nowadays) AMD FX 8120.

I do run a OC'd 6700K..

The good:

It exists (PC version, don't have an Xbox, very happy about this)
Logitech G25 works. Not super good at it yet but I'm sure I'll get better. Slides are hard to catch. I reduced the steering linearity in the center to make it easier to drive straight. Something about it feels slightly off compared to Gran Turismo and Dirt Rally which I can play a lot better.
Gameplay itself seems solid. I cranked the difficulty way up in terms of assists and the starting GT350 is hard to keep on the road.
Switching between 360 controller, keyboard, and wheel works well (all plugged in at the same time).
Graphics are solid.

The bad:
Same stutters everyone is complaining about. Not game breaking but annoying.
Car customization menus laggy.
Had a few minor bugs such as the "explore your car" screen getting stuck bouncing around the tailgate.

I need to put that in the bad....it's not on PC for Canada yet, they have no digital versions anywhere here :(

I only had time to have a quick few hour drive last night but so far it seems really good. I picked the 'Ute as my starting car (when in rome...) and it was good fun to fling that around in the first few races, especially in the rain. Also, the hardest difficulty really is hard so I decided to take it down a notch (form unbeatable to pro) and now the game offers a really solid challenge. I can't wait to get some proper time into the game tonight...

I'm finding the cross country races just as infuriating as they were in FH2, I don't think the controller allows for quick enough steering corrections. I'm yet to try the wheel but with so much menu navigation I think that might get old fast (for example, I wouldn't be able to use the map properly).

Have you tried adjusting deadzones in the advanced controller settings? They made a world of difference for me in terms of steering response.

You can actually do pretty well in the menus with the wheel. Mine uses the d-pad for the map and it works fine. Autovista mode is the only time I really find myself wanting a controller.

That said, a few things are starting to get to me. I just unlocked a second area and chose the city. The hitching has become really bad, sometimes pausing for over a second. It only happens in the overworld - never during races.

I also just started modifying cars, and the menu is very laggy. Makes it take longer than it should.

Oh, and I originally had the damage setting on simulation, but that makes cross country races virtually impossible, the intended course will destroy your car.

Last edited:
I remember that in FH2 I started with simulation damage but soon changed to none when I realised that it really doesn't matter in this game, the bonus isn't very much and there's a much bigger chance of getting screwed by obstacles or the AI with no pits for repair. I've switched over to that in FH3 now.

It usually takes me a while to convert over to this type of game from Forza Motorsports, you just have to play it a different way. For example I only ever drive in cockpit view in FM6 but I do quite a lot of off road driving in 3rd person camera in this to try and keep an eye on where the jumping rear end is going. It also helps for long drifts. Probably not needed so much if I was using the wheel though.

Regarding speed, there are no stuttering issues with the XBone version as you'd expect but it does sit at the saving screens for quite a while when buying a car or exiting the upgrade area. Not sure if that was because I was on the early release and they hadn't dedicated as much server bandwidth or something else.

The update is live, hopefully fixes a lot of the W10 issues, looks to be a large update