Forza Horizon 3

The Grand Tour crashes stuff in FH3.

Hehe I've downloaded that so I can watch it at some point, I skipped through and saw Jeremy making a real hash of it though. :lol:

Anyway I've apparently 'completed' the game according to the credits screen that rolled by and I was a bit disappointed to see that there was no race around the entire map like in Horizon 2. It was very tricky though and probably got a lot of complaints from impatient gamers. To make up for this and to give me something to do I'm going to create my own version of a route that covers most of the map, including some off road sections. For this I needed an image of the full map with no icons shown and surprisingly I couldn't find one online, so I made my own by taking lots of screenshots of the PC version running at UHD res then feeding it through Microsoft ICE to do the legwork with final touchups done in Photoshop. There are still some imperfections (there seems to be some very light warping on the map view) but it might be useful for some people but be aware it's a 43MB PNG. :lol:

http://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/matt2000/2017/01/22/Horizon_3_Map_Complete.png

I'll post a shot of the route I choose when I've confirmed it.

Ah, I hadn't seen that, cheers. I hadn't looked for it, I just expected that you'd be forced to do it if it was in the game like in Horizon 2.

As it happens I made my own route and that circuit doesn't come close. It's approx 61 miles and covers most of the map. I've driven it enough times for it to be in my head now so I can just follow it without the map, I've also split it in two sections using bucket list blueprints to give me 30 minutes with a clear road.

Fastest time is 35:30.4 (that's 35 minutes) with my Dodge Charger Daytona. Hard work especially fully manual with shifter and clutch but satisfying. :)

Last edited:
Ah, I hadn't seen that, cheers. I hadn't looked for it, I just expected that you'd be forced to do it if it was in the game like in Horizon 2.

As it happens I made my own route and that circuit doesn't come close. It's approx 61 miles and covers most of the map. I've driven it enough times for it to be in my head now so I can just follow it without the map, I've also split it in two sections using bucket list blueprints to give me 30 minutes with a clear road.

Fastest time is 35:30.4 (that's 35 minutes) with my Dodge Charger Daytona. Hard work especially fully manual with shifter and clutch but satisfying. :)

I'll attempt to work this out but it's really unfortunate that theres no way to place custom checkpoints to make your own route..... seems like a no-brainer.

A certain FG member that I may have had Land Rover dealings with in the past may have told me about a new car pack for Horizon 3 that may have something in that would interest me. :D

A certain FG member that I may have had Land Rover dealings with in the past may have told me about a new car pack for Horizon 3 that may have something in that would interest me. :D

:whistle:

Now to determine who is the best Finalgear Series III owner we should race them around Goliath.

Now to determine who is the best Finalgear Series III owner we should race them around Goliath.

I'll have to refer you to the first few posts on the page and say I've had some practice on a route much longer. :p

I'd have to put more springs on the clutch of my CSR Elite pedals to make it realistic. :lol:

I'll have to refer you to the first few posts on the page and say I've had some practice on a route much longer. :p

I'd have to put more springs on the clutch of my CSR Elite pedals to make it realistic. :lol:

Does the deadzone for the steering wheel go high enough? :lol:

Oh boy, this is a beautiful game in "4K" and HDR!
I have a Samsung UE55KS7505 (US equivalent is the UN55KS8500) and it looks great.

Oh boy, this is a beautiful game in "4K" and HDR!
I have a Samsung UE55KS7505 (US equivalent is the UN55KS8500) and it looks great.

Upscaled or did they add proper 4k with the XBOne S? How's the input lag? It's so bad it's basically unplayable on my LG 40" 4K TV so I have to use a separate monitor...

Porches!

Exactly when the Car pass ran out :rolleyes: The GT3 RS 4.0 is a freebie on the Forzathorn though. Just have to do 5 bucket list challenges.

GT3 RS 4.0 through the weekend and the 918, 959, 930 and 356a coming up this month.

I think the free cars are the only thing keeping me interested. Otherwise I'd have gone completely back to FM6.

Hot Wheels Expansion Coming May 9

Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels takes players to six new themed islands located off the coast of Australia; all connected by a network of Hot Wheels tracks ? positioned hundreds of feet in the air ? featuring classic Hot Wheels configurations like loops, corkscrews, and more. This is stunt driving at its most extreme, where you can master tracks by performing brand new Hot Wheels skills that make use of boost pads, high-bank turns, half-pipes, insane jumps, and even giant mechanical dinosaurs. If you?re looking to get creative, check out the new Stunt Swap feature to modify stunt track sections and dare your friends to try them.

Explore the world of Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels in an all-new campaign, completing events on your way towards the ultimate stunt-driving test, an epic Grand Finale taking place on the massive new Hot Wheels Goliath circuit. Hook up with your buddies and compete in online multiplayer racing on Hot Wheels tracks, or find out whose skills reign supreme in a brand-new Playground Arena. Along the way you?ll earn 28 new Xbox Live achievements worth 500 Gamerscore.

Get ready to explore the world of Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels in ten new cars, including a number of Hot Wheels? world-famous vehicles, as well as a brand-new Barn Find just waiting to be discovered and restored.

Link with more info including a look at all the cars.

Hell. YES!! This was totally unexpected but it looks like so much fun! I'm jumping around like a 7 year old already. Come on May 9th!!

Oh good, I was starting to think that the expansion pass I bought was a rip off. Should be fun.

Edit: Just watched the trailer and one of the new cars is the Toyota Hilux, but not any old Hilux. It's a replica of the one used on the TG North Pole special. An old, obscure choice but welcome nonetheless. :D

Last edited:
I made a thing. It was supposed to fill the time before Forza 7 was released but as with all projects it took longer than that. There is much more of my voice in this than I would usually be comfortable with.

I enjoy doing this so there should be quite a few more episodes, I'm taking it semi-seriously. :D

Reactions: TC
You won't believe it but I actually made a second episode of this!