Forza Horizon

More forgiving, crashing isn't as big a disaster as in regular Forza.

Honestly, I think they have to do something along those lines - it's a balancing act though, they'll want to preserve the feel of the Forza physics as possible.

A bit hard to get excited. Running over picnic tables without the speed even slowing down is not what I expect of Forza. Oh well, back to F4...

They should at least have the realistic physics optional. Otherwise, this is just another TDU.

That said, I did like TDU - it just stopped working on my PC one day, nothing could get it going again, seemed to be a problem that many people had (according to forums), but nothing was done about it...

I loved TDU. TDU2 however, I just couldn't get a handle on the driving physics. It was almost uncontrollable (Xbox controller and Logitech G25 on PC). Not to mention the terrible repetitive voice-overs and poor vehicle selection.

They should at least have the realistic physics optional. Otherwise, this is just another TDU.

Actually in one of the videos Dan says that if you turn all assists off you will be back to the Forza 4 physics. I assume in the demo units they probably had all assists on.

Actually in one of the videos Dan says that if you turn all assists off you will be back to the Forza 4 physics. I assume in the demo units they probably had all assists on.

It may be the same physics but it won't matter if the parameters are changed. The gameplay in those videos look very different from Forza 4, as it seems impossible to steer the car at full speed without initiating a drift.

But those are just videos. I'll reserve judgement until the game is out.

edit: I should add that I don't mind an arcadey feel that much as long as it's intuitive, although I am disappointed if they skip the opportunity to do probably the first game ever that would combine open world driving with simulation physics.

Last edited:
The videos are definitely off, but there's still the possibility that there are multiple physics options. Even TDU had a somewhat hidden and limited hardcore mode.

How many cars are going to be in the game? Less than FM4 I assume. I can't seem to find a number.

So "tons"... that is not confidence inspiring. It's probably your standard 50-60 cars or so.

Also interesting that they won't say how big the world is. Nondisclosures like that always make you wonder. They were pretty quick to state track counts and car counts for FM4, mostly because they were one-upping competition when they did that. If their car count and world size are vastly more than NFS/Burnout/etc, they would be pimping it.

Yeah, after seeing that bench point shit, I'm not so sure T10 is making their own NFS.

Night racing with realistic lights, I like. I can't wait to try that in an E-type with its candles in jam-jars lights.

I can't say I'm overly excited to be honest, TDU did this years ago.

Night racing with realistic lights, I like. I can't wait to try that in an E-type with its candles in jam-jars lights.

I can't say I'm overly excited to be honest, TDU did this years ago.

Except TDU had crap physics. Forza physics are at least decent feeling and passable.

I do hope it's rather a lot like TDU, just with better physics.