Forza Horizon

GT - R

FinalGear Forza 3 Time Attack Winner
Car(s)
Skyline GTR (Someday)
FINNALY A PICTURE !!!

The first screenshot of Forza Horizon is here! Coming this fall for Xbox 360, Forza Horizon combines the automotive thrills that Forza fans expect with a gorgeous open-road world that begs to be explored.
416237_413231192033127_185465731476342_1359815_1912002244_o.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Xbox, why did you have to RRoD on me :(
I can't justify getting a new console untill the next generation comes out.

Finally an open-world game with a decent element of realism to it.

IF this has, at least optionally, the same physics as Forza, it's a pretty good idea. It would be amazing if it had the car selection. I'm not keeping my hopes up but I'll definitely pay attention to how it turns out. I just have a sinking feeling it's going to be dumbed down.

It would be nice if the game read your Forza 4 file and put those car in your Forza Horizon garage....

This has plenty of potential, unfortunately history shows it probably won't be as good as we hope.

So, TDU with Forza physics? Sign me up, please.

At least that's what I hope it'll be.. We'll see. The teaser trailer was annoying.

Joystiq said:
Forza Horizon races onto 360 October 23

Turn 10's Forza Horizon will launch on Xbox 360 October 23, Microsoft just announced during its pre-E3 press conference in Los Angeles. Also, there was dubstep. That's the first of E3! Congratulations!

Isn't it somewhat quick for a game for which we don't even have a gameplay video of?

We have a trailer!

Speaking of which, it'll be hard to justify not having night racing in Forza 5 now that Horizon introduces it.

Last edited:
That's assuming the games actually have something in common beyond the name. That said, I haven't yet seen the trailer.

Well, my only source is a Danish Xbox site, who I assume are quoting a press release, but according to thet it's based on the same physics and graphics engine as the "real" Forza games.

We'll see, I'd imagine that they'd be slightly simplified, but so far it both looks and sounds awesome. Somehow I don't think a slight simplification of the physics would hurt it too much, they have to strike a balance of pleasing the Forza crowd, and making the game fun.. This looks, and ought to be, less serious than the original games, so some slightly more forgiving physics (especially considering that you wouldn't actually know the road you're driving on very well, if at all) could suit the game.

Having seen the trailer and read a few articles, this looks like it could be ok. They're not including the full car list, which is a bit sad but I suppose to be expected. They did emphasize that it will share physics with Forza.

Having seen the trailer and read a few articles, this looks like it could be ok. They're not including the full car list, which is a bit sad but I suppose to be expected. They did emphasize that it will share physics with Forza.

That's the key right there. I played Midtown Madness to death but the lack of good physics in all these new open world games has turned me away from them. This game is certainly one to keep an eye on. As for the car selection, I don't think it will matter that much as long as they include all the key ones. I wouldn't miss say, a Toyota Yaris, or most of the starter hatches, but remove the Lancia Delta and I will be sad.

EDIT: Also, will also be regular Forza-esque tuning and upgrading? That would be great! The upgrading in TDU wasn't too spectacular...

Last edited:
While I wouldn't particularly miss the Yaris, bombing around in a 300 HP version would still be fun :) (assuming they keep the tuning options).

Kinda makes me think Burnout Paradise meets Forza Motorsport (edit: meets Dirt)...

I don't want to make too many judgements from that video alone but the physics didn't look that brilliant in that. If they use Forza engine they have been arcadefied by quite a bit...

Last edited:
Some more videos.

Gamplay:

Interviews:

Judging by the gameplay videos, they have done something to the physics. Hopefully it won't be far off from the Forza 4 physics.

Last edited: