Forza Horizon

I found the Mini race to be weird. I attributed it to having very small tires, and open diff, and a surface that was more concrete than asphalt. In that race you aren't actually on a road very much. After a while, I figured out how to get the car to handle, but the wheelspin was just ridiculous. I did actually win it on insane difficulty, but I think there was some luck involved because all of the other cars got to bumping and banging.

Which is something that has always annoyed me. I hate how you always start in 7th or 8th in this game. I've never started higher than that. Then, as far as the races I've been in, its always a 2 lap race, which is just annoying as well. You have 2 laps to go from last go from last to first. Does anyone know if you get more laps as you go up in ranks?

Just picked up the game today (now that hurricane Sandy has passed) and am having a blast!

Also, I sent a request to join the club.
GT: Wheelz2448

So I recently bought the game, and have been enjoying it somewhat. However, I just found out something that massively disappointed me. My favorite car in both Forza 3 and Forza 4, the MX-5 Superlight, is a fucking unicorn in FH?! I have recently moved, and my new living situation doesn't allow me to have my xbox connected to xbox live. I'm very upset by this. I'm not one of those that feels that anybody owes me anything, but I do feel that if I purchase $60 worth of game, I should receive $60 worth of content. With the unicorns inaccessible without online capabilities, I am not receiving that $60 worth of content, which makes me feel very taken advantage of. There seems to be now way of contacting anyone from T10 nor Playground directly, all of their contact information is just social media sites. Awesome.

I know what you mean. Personally I feel that Forza bullied me into buying xbox live gold membership. Without it you can't even share your photos online, and car and design marketplace is out of the question and gift cars as well. I wonder T10 or Playground get a commission from sales of xbox live gold memberships.

Microsoft Studios is the publisher of the game. That should be enough of a clue to why there are so many Gold-only features. The other features I don't mind that much but being notified about gift cars the developers have sent and then not being able to get them because I don't have gold seems a tad rich... But then that's nothing new.

Is it just me or do most people racing online absolutely suck? I think I come in first place in 80-90% of the races I do, usually by a large margin. And most of the time when I don't finish first, it's because some moron doesn't know what the left trigger on the controller does and rammed me.

So I have reached a very annoying stage in the game. Got one road left to discover, but I can't bloody find it. Been looking at the map for like an hour but from what I can see I have driven on all the roads. Is there a road that unlocks later in the game (have the pink wristband atm)?

Check on and off ramps. I don't think I am that far into the game but I have all the roads driven.

Have checked them and driven on them a couple of times just to be sure. But gonna give it another go. :)

My last road to be explored was 10 feet of a junction, so check them too.

I will, gonna take another close look on the map when I get home. :)

Edit: Haven't found it yet, still looking for it.

Edit2: In search for the last road, I manage to find all the discount signs. Always something. :)

Last edited:
I just shared via the club a 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa that has a 717 HP twin-turboed Enzo engine stuffed under it's hood. :lmao:

Also the CCX-R is insane. With TC off it does a solid burnout all the way up to 100 MPH. :lol: I still prefer my Zonda though. Mmmm.

I made this scaled comparo. 1:1

horizon_map_size.jpg

Horizon is TINY. Pikes Peak would barely fit inside the entire game world. I can see why they've omitted it. Also, if the proportions are similar to Pikes Peak, the mountain in the NE corner of Horizon is likely only about 1400ft. Video games are very effective at distorting scale.

I made another comparison, and Horizon is only about 5x bigger than the Nurburgring.
**assuming that the game world is 63 square miles as is popularly held

Last edited:
Yep, I also think the map is on the small side... And since the expansion pack is supposedly Rally, I doubt they'll add to the road network :-(
I also got 100% discount and roads, it was actually fun finding everything! Is there a milage counter in the game?

I'm playing in a cockpit with a Fanatec wheel and clubsport pedals, and while I like the handling up to the point of losing grip, It doesn't work for drifting at all. I think they tuned the oversteer to the point where full opposite lock in a starting slide means drift, at least when done on a controller. I only get into a series of slides all around the place... Anybody else has this problem?

Is it just me or do most people racing online absolutely suck? I think I come in first place in 80-90% of the races I do, usually by a large margin. And most of the time when I don't finish first, it's because some moron doesn't know what the left trigger on the controller does and rammed me.

I take that back. I've come in first place in 121 races out of the 216 races I've done. Still a fair amount of wins though. People suck. :(

Finally found the last piece of road, it was an off ramp from the highway. Now I wait for the last 2 barn finds to show up and that is gonna take some time.

So I am #1 in Popularity now, but I just noticed the Bar around the "1" is still filling - is something happening when it fills up completely? :)

So I am #1 in Popularity now, but I just noticed the Bar around the "1" is still filling - is something happening when it fills up completely? :)

Wondering the same. I got mine half full at the moment, maybe the last barn find will show up. :)

Just took down Flynt from the throne, the last race you do for getting his car got my adrenaline pumping like crazy. Even though I hit every guardrail there was my EB110 was victorious, putting the Veyron engine in it was a good idea and a bad idea at the same time.

Edit: So, read a bit about what happens when you fill the bar and it seems like you get money. don't know if it is true.

Last edited:
Had a little time today so I filled the Bar up, Results:

-Recieved 500.000 CR
-Bar Starts filling up again

Also the last Barn find showed up shortly before the bar was full, don't know if there's a connection

Had a little time today so I filled the Bar up, Results:

-Recieved 500.000 CR
-Bar Starts filling up again

Also the last Barn find showed up shortly before the bar was full, don't know if there's a connection

That is nice, 500k for doing some drifting and stuff. I believe that barn finds shows up at random. Just got my 8th barn find (DBR1) and I got a feeling that it will take some time for the 9th too show up, hopefully when the bar is nearly filled :).