No 56k: Forza Motorsport 3 Photothread

that bottom pic makes it look like the car is travelling through time.

My NSX is just that fast :)

No, its not the cables. And its not the LCD. It does the same on mulitple LCDs. I've tried two different HDMI cables, VGA, component, and composite. Its all the same. The problem doesn't occur right away. Usually if you boot the xbox, get into Forza, get into a hotlap, and by the time you get onto the track, about a minute later, it starts. I've played for a while and sometimes it will clear up. I've found that if the system heats up, it gets better. I assume there is a component that isn't making a proper connection, and when the system is hot, the board or whatever it is expands and makes a good connection. Originally heat fixed it all together, and you could play normally. Then heat was required constantly to keep the screen colors normal. Now You just have to play and hope for the best. The system will also lock up occasionally with a distorted image and white vertical dotted lines across the screen.

This is consistent in the Guide, Forza 2, Forza 3, and numerous demo games. Its definitely hardware related, and a sign its dying. I've read its probably the ANA or HANA video encoder.

358rvy8.jpg

hvyv47.jpg

2ezio3b.jpg

Black Stig is ALIVE!!!
c7ns9.jpg

2rnhusj.jpg

Might have braked a "little" late on the last one
It actually came to a stop and stayed upright.

Last edited:
Recently got a Subaru Imprezza and decked her out in WRC colours and design from the storefront. Starting to like this car much more than the Evo.

Last edited:
I also used the Celica Supra for that tourney. That car's a dream to drive on the Fujimi Kaido.

I just made a paint scheme for my Diablo GTR...uploading soon...

Forza.jpg

drep.jpg

Still a work in progress. If you have any ideas, let me know

The BUSINESS:
bsnd.jpg

And for anyone questioning the detail level (again)
Forza2-1.jpg

Last edited:
^ Looking good...!!!

:love: the last pic. I never knew there was that much detail.

great pics Starfox :)

I never knew there was that much detail.

There is in photo mode... Same trick GT5 uses in the replays, it has different LoDs for different situations... the car revving before the race is another LoD than what you get in game, and the Replay LoD is different or simply worse than in the photo mode...

There is in photo mode... Same trick GT5 uses in the replays, it has different LoDs for different situations... the car revving before the race is another LoD than what you get in game, and the Replay LoD is different or simply worse than in the photo mode...

This is true. However, even in-game the visuals are stunning. Faaar better than FM2 and almost photo-realistic in some instances.

This is probably my favourite picture I've taken...

http://img17.imageshack.**/img17/6149/forza12z.jpg

here is my first pics and livery designs!

my very first try:
4082911219_db9ca14598_o.jpg

my second try:
4082911469_547f23f450_o.jpg

4082911579_a66443f451_o.jpg

quite happy with it so i put it up on storefront :) gt: ZmurfN

Did you pay the 10 million for the Daytona, or is that from a free race?

Did you pay the 10 million for the Daytona, or is that from a free race?

Free race :D

Saving up for the Daytona right now! hahahaha.

BTW: Do we have a thread or list of all Forza3 Players? We should have one, and then have a Party.
I'm not a hugely competitive driver, but actual people to play with who aren't douches would be awesome...