Forza Motorsport 3

I'm doing R3 in a Reventon. Braking zones are quite interesting.

How so?

Also, I might find myself a new R3 car, getting really tired of the C5.R's tail-happy antics.

Ah. I know what you mean! I hate those cars that just snap at you even with the tiniest amount of throttle! The Koenigsegg comes to mind.

I tried the game without ABS. Holy shit with a controller I am nowhere near good enough to not lock up the brakes. Maybe if I had a pedals set up it would be easier to drive without ABS on. I dont use Stability Control or Traction control though, so I dont feel like a complete n00b.

I tried the game without ABS. Holy shit with a controller I am nowhere near good enough to not lock up the brakes. Maybe if I had a pedals set up it would be easier to drive without ABS on. I dont use Stability Control or Traction control though, so I dont feel like a complete n00b.

Try instead of holding the left trigger all the way in, about halfway.
Then once you're slow enough, all the way in.

That's how I do it.
Then again I'm generally only around spot 15,xxx in the leaderboards for
circuit racing.

Koenigsegg comes to mind.

You should drive the R3 Vipers if you want to see tail happy.

As for which car to use, the FXX was unbeatable for R3. The R3 F430 with resistor upgrade works well too. For R2 use either the F50 GT or Koenigsegg CCGT to win all the races no problem. For R1 the Porsche Spyder with resistor upgrade is the best imo. The Audi R10 is good too but gets suspension damage on all high speed corners so you'll be out a few hundred credits after each race. It cost me 1200cr after the race at la Sarthe.

You should drive the R3 Vipers if you want to see tail happy.

As for which car to use, the FXX was unbeatable for R3. The R3 F430 with resistor upgrade works well too. For R2 use either the F50 GT or Koenigsegg CCGT to win all the races no problem. For R1 the Porsche Spyder with resistor upgrade is the best imo. The Audi R10 is good too but gets suspension damage on all high speed corners so you'll be out a few hundred credits after each race. It cost me 1200cr after the race at la Sarthe.

Restrictor ;)

I'd agree with all you've said too, except I also found the McLaren F1 racecar to be quite good in R2.

I'm currently in the R3 seasons, using a Tiger Racing C5.R. It works well, but I have to be EXTREMELY careful with the throttle lest the back break loose.

My other work includes an "All-American" Ram SRT-10 drift truck and just a basic RX-7 drift car.

For R3 I used the FXX for the most part. Well behaved from what I gathered. Tried using the F430 racecar you get as a level prize, as well as one of the BMW race cars and was having problems.

You can get the FXX for cheap on the auction house, as it is a level up prize; otherwise I got a spare if you need it in the meantime.

I thought the Viper was a shit car and a waste of 200k credits modifying it up to R2. It was so squirrelly under full throttle and didnt feel razor sharp like I prefer my cars to be. I just caved and bought the F50GT which is the tits. I'll wait for some others to come my way via level gifts. I cant wait to get the McLaren or the Nissan R390.

Dammit...need to stop going into the Store Front...just spent 45 minutes there...its 3am wtf am I doing...BLAH.

I spent more money there than I have buying/upgrading cars.

I thought the Viper was a shit car and a waste of 200k credits modifying it up to R2. It was so squirrelly under full throttle and didnt feel razor sharp like I prefer my cars to be. I just caved and bought the F50GT which is the tits. I'll wait for some others to come my way via level gifts. I cant wait to get the McLaren or the Nissan R390.

Yeah the F50 GT is the way to go. You can pretty much guarantee wins in every R2 race with that car. Secondly, don't keep your hopes up about the R390 as a gift car. Sorry if that was a spoiler :p

I'm doing the R2 World Championship at the moment, and maybe it's just me but I like using the C6.R, it may not be the best car for the job but it's a challenge to drive and instant gratification when you nail a lap perfect. Of course for the real world tracks I use the CCGT because I can't be bothered to learn them, and the minute I get the GT1 that is the new R2 favorite, come on level 43!

The game is amazing(ly hard) with the wheel. :happy:

Dammit...need to stop going into the Store Front...just spent 45 minutes there...its 3am wtf am I doing...BLAH.

I spent more money there than I have buying/upgrading cars.

preaching to the choir there mate. going to the store front to have a look around always sounds like a 5 minute thing that rapidly turns into a hour long session. very easy to spend a fortune in there and suddenly realise that you've blown the money you were saving for a car or some upgrades.

^^ especially in high powered rwd cars with a clutch and 6+1 shifter...
Well, forget about high powered, the first time I tried the Fanatec with clutch I was going towards turn 1 in Laguna Seca in an E30 M3 and didn't heel n toe... The rear overtook me... I was amazed ;-)

Check the Land Rover, I bought one of those like it. Just can't get myself to buy a Land Rover for that much.