Forza Motorsport 3

Thats making me want to accrue a few PS2's and fire up GT4. IIRC you can run upt 6, count 'em 6, systems together and get 6 screens on GT4. A friend of a friend works at the Sony PS division in Santa Monica and says they used to have a setup like that...

Last edited:
Wow this is going to be spectacular! Can't wait to see what the customizable race rules will result in. 4x the texture resolution and 10x the poly count?! Wow that will be very good looking. I can't wait for this, NFS and GT5!

Last edited:
The stuff they showed at E3 isn't the full build, it was mentioned in one of their blogs, they had it done in May so from then onwards alot of stuff could be improved. I'm pumped and can't wait for October

Honestly very excited for this game. The biggest thing I was disappointed with in Forza 2 was the lack of a cockpit view...very happy that it's in there now.

Really, the best thing about this game compared to Gran Turismo 5 (Which I will most likely purchase a PS3 solely for), is a date. October 27th.

We hadn't heard much about Forza 3 up til now.. and already we have a date.

I like that very much.

Honestly very excited for this game. The biggest thing I was disappointed with in Forza 2 was the lack of a cockpit view...very happy that it's in there now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's there, but it seems a lot like the Midnight Club LA cockpit view, it doesn't seem to offer a wide angle view so it's like you're driving with your nose against the wheel.

Hopefully we'll be able to adjust that stuff like seat position and FOV, but I doubt it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's there, but it seems a lot like the Midnight Club LA cockpit view, it doesn't seem to offer a wide angle view so it's like you're driving with your nose against the wheel.

Hopefully we'll be able to adjust that stuff like seat position and FOV, but I doubt it.

That was my main concern so far as well...

Can only see the top part of the wheel? Really? One of the coolest things about an in car view with production cars is to be able to see all the different steering wheels from the cars... Hoping you can pan out a bit like Simbin games...

But honestly to me it's better than nothing.

Definitely better than the fucking hood (bonnet) view.

Turn 10 have really pulled a rabbit out of the hat for this game. Clutch support most likely will support the G25 or it's successor. 100 more cars than the previous game all with full cockpits that can be modified, plus most of the tuner cars are gone so that means more cars that are new to the franchise and they all have quadruple the number of polygons over Forza 2. Replays are much improved with a video editor. Leaderboards, PI, AI, career, assists, and audio have all been upgraded. Almost double the tracks over Forza 2, and LeMans. The presentation is on par with GT5, just seem to fall short in the graphics department by a hair.

Doesn't look like we'll see weather, but that's alright it'd be a whole new engine to factor in weather. Not real happy about the lack of SUVs over Caterhams and more deserving cars too.

I think cockpit views are there just for the sake of it, not to make it better for you while racing, cos its prolly gonna distract you even more from the cars around you. I've always raced with the 'open' non-bonnet view (rear view mirror is a must).

Rearview is confirmed in hood-view. I'm with you guys, I never use in car. There was a big hoopla about it from da fanboiz last time round so it was a must include, not to mention GT5 had it. I'd rather have weather.

Even if you don't use it, its nice to know its there. Hard to describe.

I'm a huge fan of cockpit view and I use it all the time, whenever I can.

It just makes it seem more... deep, somehow.

It's all about immersion. Its hard to really get drawn into a racing game anyways, and with only exterior views, it really isn't intimate. I think in this respect, NFS Shift looks better than both FM3 and GT5 and certainly better than anything current. I'm just going to have to buy all 3. :)

[YOUTUBE]IyhH7ef-Fjg[/YOUTUBE]

The guy is so bad that I can't help myself from laughing out loud.

Sounds seem much better than FM2.

Looks like the AI can actually make mistakes now.

A little walkthrough

The AI could make mistakes before.. I've often seen it happen when it was pushing from behind trying to outbreak me.. You do see them go off the track.. :b
Though this is different, before you couldn't really push them to making mistakes when they were in front of you. It seems that happens now, so it has definitely been improved.. :)