Forza Motorsport 3

This however, needs to change. Bring back the simulated qualifying using cars' PI. Or make it where it partially depends on PI, and partially depends on what you chose when you started the game (beginner, casual, serious).
I'm better now.

I hate being rushed in a race I prefer to wait and overtake clean rather than bully my way up in the first lap. So that's just a little niggle on what is a very good career as a whole. The other niggle is the stupid season mode keeps suggesting races for cars it has just gifted me. I am not stupid, I know about cars and which ones I like. I don't need to be patronized into trying new ones with gifts and the prejudiced race selector. Half the cars I have bought were 911s, maybe you should suggest a race I could use those in!

Just finally got around to driving Laguna (curiously it took me halfway into the 3rd year of my "career" to get a single race there) and echoing madcat's earlier statements before the game came out it's just..well...blah.

I honestly don't think they've updated this track at all from Forza 2 except for some graphics.

The straight between turn 4 and turn 5 is uphill. Not as steep as the rahal straight by any means, but it isn't flat like in this game.

The Rainey Curve is a bit too flat...about it for that.

The rumble strips aren't blue and white with red markers for the apexes in the game like they have been since 2007. C'mon guys this is just getting fucking lazy. The track's been this way for a few years now.

But the worst of all is the Corkscrew. It is completely inaccurate. The Corkscrew hasn't looked like that since 2005. It's 2009 and the corner entry is entirely different. C'mon guys earn your damn money. That and well, as Madcat pointed out earlier the turn itself is completely wrong too.

I love the game but it just irks me when I pay $60 for something that hasn't been updated since the last game, with elements of a track that were taken out almost 5 years ago. Hate to say it but Shift's Laguna is 10x better.

Last edited:
^Don't drive Road America.

inaccurate Laguna snip

I may be wrong, but I don't think Laguna's changed much from Forza 1. It's been updated graphically sure, but layout and everything else has stayed the same. Not 100% on this as I haven't played the original Forza in awhile and only drove it once last night in a Ram in splitscreen, so I wasn't paying that much attention to changes.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Laguna's changed much from Forza 1. It's been updated graphically sure, but layout and everything else has stayed the same. Not 100% on this as I haven't played the original Forza in awhile and only drove it once last night in a Ram in splitscreen, so I wasn't paying that much attention to changes.

Yeah I haven't played the original Forza in awhile either but you're probably right it probably is almost the same since then.

*grumbles*

I guess it just irks me because they got Mugello so right compared to what I'd seen of it in any other video game (at that point usually the Moto GP games). They got the elevations down pretty well and everything... especially Arrabbiata 1 and 2. I lived in Florence in 07 so would take the short train trip to Borgo San Lorenzo and Mugello for races quite often... I don't know why they couldn't get Laguna nearly as accurate

Last edited:
I used to not be bothered by it so much, but now with games like iRacing where everything is exactly pixel perfect, it really shows us how far behind some games really are in the accuracy department.

How do I stop my VX220 from understeering like a bitch?

Its class B-453, I just added sway bars to attempt to make it go back to it's go-kart handling.

Still seems to understeer a bit, going to decrease stiffness some more.

Last edited:
Take out the front sway bar, or set it all the way unstiff.

How do I stop my VX220 from understeering like a bitch?

Its class B-453, I just added sway bars to attempt to make it go back to it's go-kart handling.

Still seems to understeer a bit, going to decrease stiffness some more.

Is it understeering into or out of corners?

Take out the front sway bar, or set it all the way unstiff.

I added the sway bar, and it seems to understeer less with it in, I also adjusted the rear a bit.

Is it understeering into or out of corners?

It was understeering out mainly, a bit of both but mostly out. Like I said, I changed it enough that for my crappy driving and it being so-overclassed compared to what I am racing it will be fine.

Forza 3 is a joke. The exclamation mark on the speedo of the C32 AMG doesn't light up when TCS kicks in. I'm going to trade it in first thing in the morning.

Yeah anyway, wow. F3 is excellent so far. I started off with the Citro?n C4, but I let my dad design it so it looks like a ricer... :lol: :rolleyes:

EDIT: Um, does My Forza on http://forzamotorsport.net not work in Mac OS X? It's going to be a pain to boot in to Windows to get my pics... :(

EDIT 2: Won't even work on XP in Internet Explorer. WTF

Last edited:
Why oh why does the Viper GTS-R sound like a v8!? :cry:

Great game this is though!

Just noticed they are all listed as having the 6.2l engines...hmm

Last edited:
ANother thing i just noticed in that video i posted. The guy hosting it jammed the Z4 into reverse for no apparent reason 2:30 in.

Last edited:
It was understeering out mainly, a bit of both but mostly out. Like I said, I changed it enough that for my crappy driving and it being so-overclassed compared to what I am racing it will be fine.

Either try a limited slip diff (try relatively tight settings for accel) or soften the front suspension a little bit. If softening the front springs doesn't cure it, stiffen the rear springs.

Last edited:
ANother thing i just noticed in that video i posted. The guy hosting it jammed the Z4 into reverse for no apparent reason 2:30 in.

Sort of easy mistake if you are not paying attention when downshifting :p
You don't need to be at a stand still to be able to shift into reverse like other games.

I have a feeling he was in Automatic Mode though, he also had all driving aids on bar the driving line. So he might of pressed the X button which put the car in reverse instantly.

Anyone with this game and a wheel want to do side by side comparisons with NFS Shift? (same car, same track, etc...)

I got this game on release day and have not been on the PC for days before. I have one real complaint and a bitch about the limited edition of this game.

First the thumdrive/memory stick doesn't look like the ones from the hype pics. If I remember correctly, it looked like the keychain,ie. metal! We got a plastic peice of crap.

And where is the free theme? The way they do the card code thing sux ass. Anyone get the free theme?