Forza Motorsport 3

I have both consoles and while I prefer the 360 I find it funny how delusional people are on both sides. I love the GT series, I mean it's what got me into racing games, and racing in general, but Forza to me is better simply because I'm able to play it. I'll get GT5 whenever it comes out and I'm sure I'll love it but I'm tired of waiting.

I'm just saying, it's not much of a simulator if you have tire options that defeat itself. Big gripe with Forza, as well - too much grip. I just think it's ridiculous to try and be a sim and then do something so braindead that it kills a lot of the hard work you've done, like assigning bogus grip values to tires.
Amen to that! But since we have the internet, people got to work and found out which tire compount represents which actual real life tire best, so you could still reproduce fairly real results.

I think a part of the problem in Gran Turismo was the missing sensation of speed. With a representative tire choice, people basically felt like they were creeping along the course, thus they chose grippier tires to up the overall speed.

Last edited:
I greatly respect both series. I don't know which one is BETTER, but I have more FUN playing Forza.

However, I am considering picking up a PS3 for GT5.

Not being able to paint your car in GT is simply ridiculous but the other aspects of the game are good enough to make wanna play it. :)

I am kinda proud my conversation with JohnnyRacer brought up other sensible people to post about this fanboy nonsense,.

With the latest price drop I'm totally getting GT5 and a PS3 when I get some income. Looks fantastic to me.

I was a huge GT fan for the longest time. I bought Forza 1 when it was $10 just for the hell of it, and I immedately thought it was the better game. Yeah it doesn't have the number of cars, but it just has more options.
The physics seem so much better in Forza 2 than GT4 or GT5 Prologue. I really can feel the car and what its doing much more than in GT. Collision detection between cars is much better as well. In forza, I can really get right behind someone, and tell I am just inches away without making contact. GT, I think I'm a couple feet away and its registering contact. Also, lets not forget the whole wall collision thing. There is a reason real drivers don't bounce off the walls to go faster. I saw a GT5 video and they still have that ability to bounce off a wall with no adverse effects (ignoring damage).
I'm really looking forward to Forza 3. Focusing on the physics is way better than having 1000 cars (1/3 of which will be Skylines and Evos). Thats just how I view it anyway.

I was a huge GT fan for the longest time. I bought Forza 1 when it was $10 just for the hell of it, and I immedately thought it was the better game. Yeah it doesn't have the number of cars, but it just has more options.
The physics seem so much better in Forza 2 than GT4 or GT5 Prologue. I really can feel the car and what its doing much more than in GT. Collision detection between cars is much better as well. In forza, I can really get right behind someone, and tell I am just inches away without making contact. GT, I think I'm a couple feet away and its registering contact. Also, lets not forget the whole wall collision thing. There is a reason real drivers don't bounce off the walls to go faster. I saw a GT5 video and they still have that ability to bounce off a wall with no adverse effects (ignoring damage).
I'm really looking forward to Forza 3. Focusing on the physics is way better than having 1000 cars (1/3 of which will be Skylines and Evos). Thats just how I view it anyway.
While I am perfectly with you for all of this text, the highlighted part throws me off. Why can't you just favor one game for the sake of it without ridiculing the competition?

Last edited:
Yes, yes I enjoy bashing GT5 and their fanboys as the next guy, but can we keep this at the awesome that is Forza 3. :mad:

I love playing GT5, it really requires you to concentrate just on driving more. Forza 2, just seems a bit less nerdy and more exciting somehow. Both games are good in their own right, suitable for whatever you like.

How is it less nerdy with the tons and tons of more ways to customize your car?

in case you haven't heard, Turn10 has solved the fixbox360's reliability issue.

pic1.jpg

:rofl:

:lol:

I'd buy it!

I'm contemplating getting a refurb'd 360 for the Forza series. Then I remembered not to trust used consoles. Especially 360's that could be built on the 90nm chipset or whatever. As soon as there's a "360 Slim" or something comparable, I'll probably jump on it.

:lol:

I'd buy it!

I'm contemplating getting a refurb'd 360 for the Forza series. Then I remembered not to trust used consoles. Especially 360's that could be built on the 90nm chipset or whatever. As soon as there's a "360 Slim" or something comparable, I'll probably jump on it.

MS needs to work on making the their only system not overheat. Smaller can't be any easier :lol:

Leonidae, I have a question for you. Why, if you dislike what you see here, do you post in this thread? I'm not understanding your logic or see what you're trying to accomplish.

Because someone who doesn't wear the Microsoft goggles has to point out the otherwise ignored "little" flaws, just to keep the M1cr0$0ft fanboys feet in the ground. Don't worry, I probably have a counterpart somewhere, who bashes Sony and Polyphony just as much.

Because someone who doesn't wear the Microsoft goggles has to point out the otherwise ignored "little" flaws, just to keep the M1cr0$0ft fanboys feet in the ground. Don't worry, I probably have a counterpart somewhere, who bashes Sony and Polyphony just as much.

I used to be that guy like 3 years ago, now I bash equally, MS for shotty (ie NO) build quality and Sony for not releasing/over-hyping everything.

Don't think anyone in this thread bashes in the GT thread.

Also, I'd rather have Forza on PS3...SO I CAN USE MY LOGITECH WHEEL MSOFT FUCK YOU GUYS IM NOT BUYING FANATEC STUFF BECAUSE YOU WONT LISCENCE.