Forza Motorsport 3

I remember complaining about that when the Forza 2 demo came out, I was told it was the demo only and the final game would take care of it. We all know how that turned out..

let me guess.. patches and more patches for the patches?

Just got done playing two hours in all the cars, all assists off, mostly hood cam, AI medium/hard, controller, I'll whip out the wheel later tonight.

Presentation

Neat, clean, and efficient layout I like it.

Graphics 720p 32" TV

I'm no graphics whore, but I think they're good. The game is very vivid, possibly too much so and the lighting is decent but not knock-you-on-the-floor outstanding like GT5. I noticed hardly any aliasing, certainly not as much as some screen shots out there. GT5 definitely looks noticeably better, but this is a quantum leap over Forza 2 in just 2.5 years.

Audio

Definite improvement over the last game. In addition to the cars emitting a wider range of sound, there is much more clutch noise, you can hear the clutch slip into gear and you get chatter as you engine brake. Just listen to the 8C Competizione and Camaro in the replays. Also seems to be less tire noise, I think it was overdone in the last two games. My only criticisms is the lack of backfires, burbles, and those oddball sounds cars make. In addition to that, the engine noises in replay kind of mush together, ie. a Challenger should be overpowering my Mini and just about everything else on track.

Physics

It's not PC sim yet. But it is getting very close. Off the bat more understeer. Cars feel more weighty, I'm getting transitional under/oversteer. Oversteer is more gradual and tires chatter especially on power over just like a real car. Lock up is more gradual and easier to achieve at lower speeds (the skid marks have been re-done too!) Body roll has improved a lot, though it's still not enough. Still too easy to recover slides. Best physics of any console racer this side of Race Pro (haven't played Ferrari Challenge.) And with 400 upgradeable cars.

AI

Seems slightly better than Forza 2, but not a big improvement. They still brake for slight bends and they still don't give you enough room. It doesn't help that this is a very narrow track and a sprint race on top of that. Jury is out until I play the full version.

Can't wait for the full game so I can compare to the in-game Miata to my own.

Last edited:
I don't remember any patches fixing the problem in FM2. It would still be there if I hadn't scratched the fucking disc. <_<

Why the fuck do I have to just have changed my ISP and stuck with a shit router that somehow blocks XBL WHEN THE DEMO IS RELEASED? :(

I made it to the top 3% in the Lancer and I was still four seconds off number one :lol:

And here's my little contribution to this thread.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXcODz8hCaY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
i am in the top 2% in the Audi and the Porcshe and the top 4% in the Evo.

word.

Last edited:
Trying for a top-500 time in the Evo.

EDIT: Accomplished :D #192 with a 1:10.975

Last edited:
Didn't expect Leonidae to get banned. After looking at his posts in this and the GT5 thread though, he was being a bit of an asshat.

Congrats to all the hotlappers too.

It took a lot of willpower to ignore that twat. No doubt he's lurking.

I love the demo. its a fun time especially when I found the time trial mode. I think I am in the top 1% in all of the cars.. atleast top 1000 in them all.. in the top 500 in a coupe (I forget which... I think Mini and Audi.. which is odd as I am better in RWD cars).

The understeer is incredible in the game. I bet its more realistic.. but its gonna take getting used to. Which is good :)