Forza Motorsport 3

The New York tracks in Project Gotham 4 were fun.

Would be interesting to see something more like that, or an Australian track/city lol.

EDIT: Bring back Blue Mountain Raceway.

The damage repair bill for the GTR isn't realistic, i put a slight scrape on the side and it didn't cost anything to repair.

The damage repair bill for the GTR isn't realistic, i put a slight scrape on the side and it didn't cost anything to repair.

monkey-lold.jpg

Interesting. You might be right because I only got 261 going downhill flat out, and it was like a flutter at that speed and then settled down to 260 again. Is that bad programming or real physics taking over from a limiter?

Probably a limiter. With Forza the way it is, with a somewhat moderate physics frame rate, it's probably a pretty conservative limit. If the cars start going too fast and the physics can't update all the bumps and things fast enough, weird things begin to happen. Such as the notorious glitches in LFS or iRacing where the cars involved in large accidents at high velocities start to warp and spin uncontrollably like a top. Forza also has rotational speed limits for just that purpose - no matter how hard you smack a car, it'll only ever spin so fast.

Probably a limiter. With Forza the way it is, with a somewhat moderate physics frame rate, it's probably a pretty conservative limit. If the cars start going too fast and the physics can't update all the bumps and things fast enough, weird things begin to happen. Such as the notorious glitches in LFS or iRacing where the cars involved in large accidents at high velocities start to warp and spin uncontrollably like a top. Forza also has rotational speed limits for just that purpose - no matter how hard you smack a car, it'll only ever spin so fast.

Is that reflected in the feel of the car at that speed. I was going 260 and I could swear it felt like 185, I couldnt tell any difference. Is the frame rate not fast enough or something?

Is that reflected in the feel of the car at that speed. I was going 260 and I could swear it felt like 185, I couldnt tell any difference. Is the frame rate not fast enough or something?

I doubt it, at least with regards to how fast the car feels. Like I said, it's probably a very conservative limit. Even at 360 FPS (hertz) and 381 feet per second (260 MPH) the physics is still updating every 1.05 feet, which is undoubtedly "enough" for going down Mulsanne. It's responsible for the bouncy feel you get as you blast along at higher speed. It would have a large effect on how the car cornered, but that's not an issue in this situation really. The speed discrepancy is probably just optical illusion, partly due to the 60 FPS frame rate probably.

Last edited:
Anyone want a #45 GT3-RSR. I bought one at auction for the R3 championship, and received another as a gift halfway through.

Stupid Forza, I need the gifts to come before I spend money not after. Also make race cars more modable. All I can do is stupid rims and brakes and restrictor plates.

Another thing about the Nissan GTR i'm suprised about. You don't have to give it back to Nissan after doing one full throttle start.

I managed to get in the top 100 for the Fujima new hill climb with my c class S2000(pretty average run actually) Closest things to pikes peak. :D

Anyone esle have/had the problem of getting into the R-class races, and getting the feeling that perhaps the AI is using traction control.

I really don't want to, but it seems quite disconcerning when I can follow the AI's line exactly; same car, same speed, same everything; and yet I'll break the tires loose, lose control, etc., while they speed along like its nothing. Hell, I've had a R3 BMW spin out going down the straight away - tires just decided to break loose and throw me around. I feel like if I even think of trying to accellorate, the car is going to kill me.

Best result yet. PI 800 on Full Circuit Lemans in the top 2%. I think this might be the limit of my abilities. Also the Veyron helped on that big ass set of straights.

^^ I use an AWD Miura Concept for R3 races, leaves them all standing. :D

I actually lapped the entire pack during a 14 lap New York race. :lol:

^^ I use an AWD Miura Concept for R3 races, leaves them all standing. :D

I actually lapped the entire pack during a 14 lap New York race. :lol:

That happened to me too. I think New York is like 5-8 seconds a lap faster outside of the pack, easy. You dont have to slow down for the chicanes as much.

I just finished the R3 season. On to R2. Any car suggestions? Should I upgrade something into R2, or run with the C6.R or Xanavi GT-R I was gifted in the class so far?

That happened to me too. I think New York is like 5-8 seconds a lap faster outside of the pack, easy. You dont have to slow down for the chicanes as much.

I just finished the R3 season. On to R2. Any car suggestions? Should I upgrade something into R2, or run with the C6.R or Xanavi GT-R I was gifted in the class so far?

I used the McLaren F1 race car, works wonders. If you don't have that, you could use a modded FXX, not quite as fast but it still works well.

That's just what I found of course though, it may be different for other people.

I'm using the Koenigsegg CCX GT, with some mods you can take it right up to 900. It's a bit of a handful but with some tuning it's quite useable.

For the R2 races I recommend the Dodge Viper '08 ACR. Go to the storefront and get the most downloaded R2 setup there is. Despite being a powerful RWD car, it's surprisingly very stable under braking, and it's very resistant to power oversteer upon exit.

If I was any use at tuning, I'd probably only need one car. As it is, I have the Koenigsegg CCGT for the fast tracks, the Xanavi GT-R for the slow tracks, and an Audi DTM car for the middle ground. All but the Xanavi are a handful.

For the R2 races I recommend the Dodge Viper '08 ACR. Go to the storefront and get the most downloaded R2 setup there is. Despite being a powerful RWD car, it's surprisingly very stable under braking, and it's very resistant to power oversteer upon exit.

Thats the car i've been using for the R2 races. Its a very stable car and very reliable. In fact its fast become one of my favorite cars to use. Plus also i love the engine noise it produces.

I'm currently in the R3 seasons, using a Tiger Racing C5.R. It works well, but I have to be EXTREMELY careful with the throttle lest the back break loose.

My other work includes an "All-American" Ram SRT-10 drift truck and just a basic RX-7 drift car.