Forza Motorsport 3

So , is anything Forza 3 Related going well?

Fanatec Wheels Breaking all the time?
Launch Bugs still not resolved ?
DLC is not as detailed as it should be ?
People getting BANNED by T10 outside of the game ?

(Yadayadayadayadayadayada....)

T10 doesn?t care about their clients ?
People who bought the L.C.E are unhappy ?(and rightly so)
Most of us getting bored of the game ?
MIssing Dashboards ?

Last edited:
Just leave Forza and Turn 10 alone!

chris-crocker-crying.jpg

I was playing shift the other day, and if they have another crack at it (shift 2 perhaps? lol) I think it will be really solid. The driving mechanics are nearly there and its just way more fun to drive.

You know, I quite enjoy it. I bought the LCE, and I've been pretty happy with it. I could see where I might not have the frustration level others have - I got my 360 wheel on clearance and build a stand for it out of about $5 in lumber. I didn't spend a ton of money, so maybe that skews my view.

Is it perfect? No. Is it fun? To me, yes. But I don't necessarily derive my fun out of trying to be .001 sec faster around a track, either. To me, the fun part is trying to play catch-up after I've made a mistake. I can't wait to put some time in (finally) on some endurance races soon, after I redesign/rebuild my stand. Now that I have some decent power tools and a little bit better knowledge on how to use them, I should be able to build a stand that doesn't sag over time.

I will say one thing though - they can make some awful liveries on the VIP cars.

1 thing is going well. I figured out that if I power on the console, boot up the game and turn on my wheel, the deadzones don't work. But if I change the deadzone without restarting the wheel, it applies, and I can actually drive.

My brake has a noticeable dead spot, and my clutch is basically a button, but it's working. I just have to change it every time I boot the game.

I'm just going to find one of those Torx dealies and go into the pedals myself, and see if the sensors are loose or something.

Last edited:
Epic success!

So I pulled the pedals apart, it's a 2-man job because the huge brake spring puts a lot of tension on the housing, and I didn't see anything wrong with the potentiometers. What I did find was a lot of dog/cat hair, right around the hinges (and pots) of the pedals. I cleaned a good portion of the hair out and reassembled. Viola, like new. No more fluttering inputs, no more riding the brake, no more clutching only halfway.

So, it was one of a few problems. Either:

A. hair (likely)
B. displaced pots (sort of likely, though it didn't look like anything was out of shape to the eye and they were self-calibrating
C. worn pots (extremely unlikely, since I didn't replace anything and they work great now)

So from now on I'm going to make sure I minimize the hair accumulation (I don't see how, they were spotless before) and also make sure I don't pitch them or bump them too hard.

PS, those Torx head screws are really nice. Why the hell aren't these standard?!

I was playing shift the other day, and if they have another crack at it (shift 2 perhaps? lol) I think it will be really solid. The driving mechanics are nearly there and its just way more fun to drive.

Nah after playing Forza , shift will never feel good to me again ... It?s not fun , its just out of control .

Dirt 2 rally cars in termac behave in a more realistic hay than any car in Shift :p

Well the pedals are malfunctioning again. I guess my fix was only temporary. Got a response from Fanatec saying they'd send me a new one. I'm also seeing about possibly upgrading to Clubsports now that they're cheaper. Those contactless sensors are looking really juicy right now...

What the fuck, now the clutch is making some really nasty metallic grinding noise every time I push it down.

Last edited:
Fanatec just got back to me, I asked them about how the upgrade to the clubsports works. I pay 100 bucks and they ship it to me. I think I'm gonna go for it...

Sounds like something you should report that to the BBB or something of
you haven't yet. That kind of poor quality should not be tolerated.

They're treating me really well, so I'm not too pissed at them. It would be nice if it worked but they're trying their best to fix it. Plus if I go for the clubsport deal they reimburse me the $50 I spent on the pedals in the first place.

Nice so it sort of worked out in your favour after all. Post up a follow up review when you get the clubsports to show how much the difference in feel is and whether or not it's worth it.

Is there any pictures of any racing setups in this thread? I know I could easily go to gtplanet, except all gaming websites are blocked at work. Just wanted to see some other ideas.

Mine is pretty much a copy of this, except without the bar support from the vertical to horizontal piece. I left that out because I wanted it to fold up flat, but it's badly sagging now.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/forza wheel stand/nick501/wheelstandside.jpg

Nice so it sort of worked out in your favour after all. Post up a follow up review when you get the clubsports to show how much the difference in feel is and whether or not it's worth it.

Yes, definitely.

Is there any pictures of any racing setups in this thread? I know I could easily go to gtplanet, except all gaming websites are blocked at work. Just wanted to see some other ideas.

Mine is pretty much a copy of this, except without the bar support from the vertical to horizontal piece. I left that out because I wanted it to fold up flat, but it's badly sagging now.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/forza wheel stand/nick501/wheelstandside.jpg

Mine's pretty much like that, it's just an A-frame. I used three quarter inch wood to make it as compact as possible, and since it was for the MS wheel originally it was stable. But the Fanatec nearly ripped it apart. Had to put some braces in, still wobbles a little but it's not noticeable really.

Those shots make me wish I had a setup worthy of getting in a racing rig. Looks like it will be just a controller for me at the moment.

I really need to get back into racing online, I was separated from my normal weekly racing crew due to a poorly timed class, but I am having trouble finding a hopper I like. Strangely enough, the NASCAR hopper is the closest I get to my play style, though either I get a room with friendly people who are just in it for fun, or silent people who take it way too seriously, and vote out anything that isn't the largest ring.

Last edited:
^ the Stock Cars in Forza are hilarious. Try racing one on a road course. It handles fine, but if you watch a replay, it's fairly obvious that it has an oval stance.

Sounds like something you should report that to the BBB or something like that. That kind of poor quality should not be tolerated.

Being in tech support I can sympathize with the fact that a simple mistake that one person makes can make a customer go into a shitstorm, please don't be one of those people ;)

Looks like someone messed up and send you a wrong response but you got treated right in the end.

I wish UPS delivered on Saturdays. I have a 15 lb package for delivery on Monday. Speedless until then. Considering freebasing.