Forza Motorsport 4

BlitzR

Forza 4 announced with live-action trailer

Forza 4 was unveiled with a dramatic live-action trailer during tonight's Spike VGAs. The teaser gave an idea of what the game will include -- namely, simulation driving in really fast, expensive cars. Did you expect any less?

Also, we're guessing that the Kinect functionality that we saw with Forza back at E3 could end up in this forthcoming title. Color us interested, just please, please don't make us pretend there's a steering wheel in our hands. Forza 4 arrives on Xbox 360 in Fall 2011.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/11/forza-4-announced-with-live-action-trailer/

Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-forza-motorsport/708345?type=flv

note the top gear logo at the end of the video

Last edited:
A new Forza only a year after the release of the third one?

I don't know what to think about it but they should start to innovate and stop copying Gran Turismo.

Nigh racing in GT5---> Night racing added in Forza 4
Top Gear UK in GT5 ---> Top Gear America in Forza 4

??'

I think it wont just be Top Gear US thats in Forza 4 but the UK Top Gear track, the Ford GT at the end looks like its on the TG runway, you can see the hangar and the jumbo in the background.

Hope its more open than GT5, only thing wrong there was a wish I could use all of the runway roads.

Its a shame there wasnt more ingame footage in the trailer. Either way I cant wait to play it in the fall.

I don't know what to think about it but they should start to innovate and stop copying Gran Turismo.

??'
Hmm? Wonder where GT got the dynamic line, or damage, or online, probably not from Forza. But night racing? And Halo stole the idea for aliens in a video game from Half-Life.

some those clips was taken directly from top gear america lambo segment

Until there's something of any real substance, I don't really care.

It would be nice however if there were:
a. Australian cars (no not a whole heap, maybe like 6)
b. More average cars, like the Honda City (80's lolbox) and whatnot, that can be done up
c. Cars that are obtainable without having to grind, grind, grind away to afford (Ferrari 250 I'm looking at you)

One thing I liked about the previous Forza games however (pre F3) was getting cars for completing events, not levels ala F3.

Just my hopes...

??'
Night racing and Top Gear? By that logic GT stole Ferrari, Bugatti, and Lamborghini from Forza. If you haven't noticed all the driving games share these things and they bounce around titles. The reason GT5 has damage is most likely a result of Forza but no one is saying they stole something as simplistic as damage.

Until there's something of any real substance, I don't really care.

It would be nice however if there were:
a. Australian cars (no not a whole heap, maybe like 6)
b. More average cars, like the Honda City (80's lolbox) and whatnot, that can be done up
c. Cars that are obtainable without having to grind, grind, grind away to afford (Ferrari 250 I'm looking at you)

One thing I liked about the previous Forza games however (pre F3) was getting cars for completing events, not levels ala F3.

Just my hopes...

Probably wont see any prize cars anymore, Turn 10 said they want them out completely because they mess with the auction house.

Dammit. I'm gonna buy it anyway and be angry with myself and Turn10 for getting fucked again... I just know it.

Hope they can come up with a good game this time. Night racing and rally looks promising.

I hope the TG connection is both US and UK versions. I hate TG US, but the test track does look really tight for lapping, but the UK track for tomfoolery.

There's only so many things you can do for a driving simulator before you end up to two nearly identical games for different consoles. >>

And as Buba said, I'm still probably gonna buy it despite the probability of me getting fucked by Microsoft/Turn10/Whatever.

Well, Turn 10 did mess up many things with FM3, but at least we didn't get 80% of the cars ported from the original xbox :p. I'm quite looking forward to the new one, my wishlist:

- more real world tracks tracks - e.g. Monza, also if they gave us some twisty roads from the likes of PCH or Isle of Man would be fun too
- rain&snow - I don't really need night racing, but having some drift challenges on snow would be fun.
- more immersive challenges - more car specific challenges or time trials in the main career, what about some drift challenges. Even a challenge to beat a certain speedtrap on could be fun.
- improved drag racing - grippy bit at the start please, and I want the dragstrip to be at least 2 miles long to test out top speeds.

Last edited:
Except for the part where Forza 3 Ultimate was released with Top Gear connection before GT5 shipped.
Vitros was right. Regardless of who shipped first, GT5 had the Top Gear connection a long time ago. I think it was announced that GT5 would have the Top Gear test track around the time Forza 3 was released, or even before. Not Forza 3 Ultimate, the original Forza 3.

I don't think anything about announcement timelines means anything with a game that was scheduled to come out when I was still in high school...

One thing: be able to be control the revs at the start in an auto, not just manual.