Forza Motorsport 4

I don't want to buy an Xbox just for Forza or PGR, but this looks seriously tempting, it's like what I thought

I wish they would stop making games with either ridiculous open world cities or closed off tracks, give me Gran Turismo crossed with Test Drive Unlimited set in an accurately, lively representation of continental Europe that allows room for replicas of roads like Davos to Stelvio or the Transfalgarisan Highway.

and..then give me all the other real world tracks as well..

...maybe throw police in there as well and perhaps some exciting mission based driving.

Last edited:
Kinda excited about this

But was excited about GT5 and basically havent played it.

Ill follow this if it basically doesnt feature the horrible grinding from GT5 and all the cars are of the same modelling quality. For me the disparity in GT5 is quite a turn off. Whats more, sound wise Forza always bested GT.... even in GT5 a lot of cars sound weird and over synthesised. Forza 3 managed to make the cars sound very realistic to me and if not realistic at least they were distinct.

Kinda excited about this

But was excited about GT5 and basically havent played it.

Ill follow this if it basically doesnt feature the horrible grinding from GT5 and all the cars are of the same modelling quality. For me the disparity in GT5 is quite a turn off. Whats more, sound wise Forza always bested GT.... even in GT5 a lot of cars sound weird and over synthesised. Forza 3 managed to make the cars sound very realistic to me and if not realistic at least they were distinct.

DAT GRAN TURISMO TYRE SCREECH.

Not to be a downer, but the 'actual in-game footage' looks just the same as it did before. Sort of washed out and dull looking. I'm assuming he is talking about photomode when speaking of the light-based rendering. That looks quite stunning, but I want to see improvements in the in-game graphics! Also, I really hope they include weather and night racing.

I don't consider myself a fanboy of any series, but FM4 is looking more like FM3 with a few more gimmicks. 5 more locations isn't that significant. While head tracking is certainly cool, the rest of the kinnect stuff looks pretty superficial. The community additions will be pretty cool though.

I don't consider myself a fanboy of any series, but FM4 is looking more like FM3 with a few more gimmicks.

I'm taking it as FM3 updated with a lot of stuff the community's been asking for for a while. 16 player races? Active aero? Backfires? Turning head into corner (granted, with Kinect)?

Some of the new marque additions have me interested, too, like GMC, Mercury (Marauder plz?), and then for kicks Tesla and Asklon showed up in the trailer.

I just wish they could give us a better lighting engine.

DAT GRAN TURISMO TYRE SCREECH.

played gt5 at a friends house once and i couldnt believe how bad the sound was. all the cars sounded awful

I've noticed the opening air vents on the Murcielago, hopefully they'll get the airbrake on Veyron and SLR working and fix things such as the HP meter on the Veyron. From the in-game footage, it looks like an evolution of Forza 3, which isn't a bad thing in my book. I really like the driving model in FM3, which was much improved from FM2. And finally we'll get more tracks, 5 more sounds good, hopefully most will be real world tracks.

I really hope that this is the Romania road =)

Since people are talking about locations, I was watching top gear old seasons yesterday and something I did noticed was this:

http://img839.imageshack.**/img839/4418/17530742.jpg
http://img851.imageshack.**/img851/6349/63751920.jpg

Point to point track in Romania, just like top gear?... Yes please.

About those places like the garage and car park etc, I do think Turn10 have taken some resource out of PGR4, made a full garage where you can just walk about.

I have high hopes, and I'm buying it on the day it comes out whatever happens. I do think that it will be very good though. I've heard lots of conflicting information regarding Top Gear involvement though. The Ultimate Collection of FM3 had UK TG stuff unless I'm mistaken, and I've heard that Clarkson's doing the voiceovers in 4za. Anyone know?

I've heard lots of conflicting information regarding Top Gear involvement though. The Ultimate Collection of FM3 had UK TG stuff unless I'm mistaken, and I've heard that Clarkson's doing the voiceovers in 4za. Anyone know?

The announcement trailer was introduced by the TG:USA crew, but the leaked development trailer shows the TG UK test track, so my guess is it may have Dunsford Park across all versions of the game and then some other regionalized TG content.

This is the first I've heard of Jezza providing voiceovers, though. Do you have a link to this info I could read?

"This 1000 brake horsepower monster is the fastest car ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... *chirp* ... ... in the world!"

Whenever you start a race, you'll hear a voice, "How hard can it be?"

After being a bit disappointed by GT5, I'm hoping for good things from F4.

Same here, GT5 graphically is probably still going to trump F4 but for me the graphics novelty kinda wears off after a few days and I'm more bothered about the actual game play. GT5's grinding and licenses and starting out with shitty slow cars just annoyed me....even though in previous GT's it didnt. I guess as you get older, you just dont have the time and patience for it because theres other things in life that get in the way.

The announcement trailer was introduced by the TG:USA crew, but the leaked development trailer shows the TG UK test track, so my guess is it may have Dunsford Park across all versions of the game and then some other regionalized TG content.

This is the first I've heard of Jezza providing voiceovers, though. Do you have a link to this info I could read?

I found it here: http://www.thegamerbuzz.com/500-cars-10x-better-graphics-and-jeremy-clarkson-for-forza-4
But it's also on quite a few sources around the interwebs
But this game is certainly looking to have the best narration... in the world.

This is probably a random thoughts thing, but I ran across something today while playing Forza 3 that I hope they fix in Forza 4. I know alot of people compain about repetitive tracks, but while playing one of the championships both the first and last track of the same (five race) series was Catalunya. What the heck?

This is probably a random thoughts thing, but I ran across something today while playing Forza 3 that I hope they fix in Forza 4. I know alot of people compain about repetitive tracks, but while playing one of the championships both the first and last track of the same (five race) series was Catalunya. What the heck?

That happens quite a bit. Especially with Sedona, which is one of my least favorite tracks anyway.