Forza Motorsport 4

lmao i love how awful GT5 sounds.

Those videos with Clarkson voiceover made me want to sell my PS3 and get a X0... And yes, the sounds (at least some of them) are a lot better in FM3 than they are in GT5.

Compared to GT5? I guess it's a matter of personal preference. I find forza's physics just perfect esp when using the controller. I can run without any driver aids. While GT5 i find the physics much better suited for racing wheels. Although running without ABS off feels weird as sometimes the brakes aren't consistent. They sometimes don't even lock at full travel. (yes the wheel and pedals of the G25 are properly calibrated.)

As a pad driver I prefer GT5's physics. The cars feel much more alive and responsive on that than they do in FM3, and I think the main reason for this is the proper modeling of the mass and weight transfer of the cars, which is something GT5 does very well and FM3 lacks.

Also, for a pad driver, FM3 does not offer the chance to increase controller sensitivity and the default sensitivity does not allow for very quick steering inputs. GT5 had same sorts of issues when it was released but they added an option for adjusting controller sensitivity, which was a massive leap forward.

that video comparing FM3 and GT5, really shows FM3 up when it comes to graphics.... While the sony console has that trademark kinda dullness to the image, it still looks great. FM3 is way over saturated and too contrasty and it just looks pretty awful. But then GT5 sounds like they picked up a synthesiser and just altered the pitch.

It looks like a completely different car in FM3. Sounds like one too. Why can't one game just do both things right?

[video=youtube;YkJmO2-bmLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJmO2-bmLQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Yes! I was pissed that gt5 didn't use the same cameras in the replays. I think when I get F4, I will never pick up GT5 again...

The driving physics still don't look particularly good. The cars still don't seem to exhibit any weight transfer.

The driving physics still don't look particularly good. The cars still don't seem to exhibit any weight transfer.

You know what? I don't think I really care. While I know it's a "sim" and it will be compared to GT5, I'm not using it as a tool to improve my driving. It's about having fun. After buying GT5, and the development time it was given, it feels cold and restricted to me.

There is something intensely satisfying about driving a good car, on a good track, and absolutely driving the piss out of it on GT5. Every apex nailed feels like an accomplishment, it just feels so damn good, especially with a wheel. The rest of the game falls away, yes, but I think above all else, a driving game should be fun whilst driving. I just hope FM4 is more fun than FM3, because driving in FM3 felt just generic, sloppy and unrewarding. I went back and played it for the first time since GT5 came out recently, and it felt pathetic.

Autocross (if they even do it right) is the only thing I'm really looking forward too. Not that it matters. FM series will always be about the "drifters" anyway. And I expect everybody will go to LaSarthe and drive their S class Hondas up to 180+ MPH because racing stock, OEM cars is far too boring.. After all, these very same people were the ones getting off on the FM3 demo that featured stock cars. They seemed to like it then.

The biggest thing that bugged me about FM3 was the fact that there was no way to host a public lobby just for fun. It either had to be a competitive race or a private race.. Photomode also sucked for a reason because I am willing to bet money that we will be able to take photos and put them on flash drives and share them at awesome quality for FM4.

Also, lets take advantage of a natural disaster to release the LCE content to everybody by saying we are donating all the profits to Haiti. Was very nice of them to do so but they had obviously had plans otherwise to release it anyway.

Last edited:
Also, lets take advantage of a natural disaster to release the LCE content to everybody by saying we are donating all the profits to Haiti. Was very nice of them to do so but they had obviously had plans otherwise to release it anyway.

They were never going to keep it exclusive, anyone could have guessed that by how the industry treats DLC.

That's true but to all of the sudden change it to make it look like a "good deed" disgusted me. Kinect is going to ruin parts of the game as well. All that extra disc space (probably need 3+ even with the new disc) is wasted for kinect features that could be used to add things the players want and the franchise is known for, "realism."

I really don't think you need to be disgusted. That's a bit harsh. They didn't have to do anything. And you don't have to use Kinect. It seems to be a small part of the game.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd add, the steering assist is confirmed to be able to turn on and off.

I don't understand how people can tell what the physics are like by watching a video. Forza feels better with a controller to me, I've only had a couple laps with the Fanatec in Forza and maybe a couple hours with a G25 and GT5, GT5 definitely felt better but it was only marginally so. Hopefully 4 steps up to the bar with their new Pirelli partnership, but I'll wait until I play the demo.

Atleast it doesn't have the most artificial tyre squeeling noise in the entire universe, like GT5, which sounds the same in every corner.