Forza Motorsport 4

Just thought I'd add, the steering assist is confirmed to be able to turn on and off.

I don't understand how people can tell what the physics are like by watching a video. Forza feels better with a controller to me, I've only had a couple laps with the Fanatec in Forza and maybe a couple hours with a G25 and GT5, GT5 definitely felt better but it was only marginally so. Hopefully 4 steps up to the bar with their new Pirelli partnership, but I'll wait until I play the demo.

Just watching the videos of the top gear test track, the cars just dart around without exhibiting any (599) or very little (kia) weight transfer. Just tells me something isn't right. I'll reserve further judgment until I play the game.

Sorry to sound like an ass, but I'm getting the underlying feeling, no matter how good the game is, you won't like it. If I'm wrong, I'm fully prepared to admit it.

I've owned FM1, FM2, and FM3. When FM1 came out, to me, it was more fun than GT4. I felt like FM2 was a mildly warmed over FM1 but still a lot of fun. FM3 felt very....'cheap' FM4 is looking much better than 3, and I will no doubt buy it. They claim to have a new tire model, so hopefully it will be a bit better. Not expecting the physics to be stellar...but that isn't why I'm going to buy it. I'll buy it because it's fun.

I haven't been taking much notice of Forza 4 but watching the trailer gave me goosebumps. Looks fantastic, and yes I will be planning on doing a Forza 4 Time Attack league of some sort as I did with 3.

Jalopnik said:
forza-lce-bmw-pack-06.jpg

Buyers of an up-priced "Limited Collector's Edition" version of Forza Motorsport 4 will be "the first in the world" to get behind the wheel of the 2012 BMW M5 ? well, other than us. Here's more details on the "LCE" pack , along with a stunning first gallery of M5 in-game renderings.
Starting today, fans who purchase the Limited Collector's Edition of Forza Motorsport 4 for $79.99 will get an additional 25 cars from a slew of exclusive car packs and bonus offers.

But most importantly, you'll get the 2012 BMW M5 ? the most powerful production sedan ever created by BMW's M division. It'll not only be featured on the cover of the "Forza Motorsport 4" Limited Collector's Edition but also available as part of the "BMW M5 Fan Pack," available starting at launch to all "Forza Motorsport 4" owners who download it from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

The BMW M5 will be fully enabled with FM4's newly-trademarked Autovista mode, with "Top Gear's" Jeremy Clarkson giving the car a virtual kicking of the tires. In addition, the M5 will be added to fans' garages and a BMW theme will be available for download on Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

In addition to the M5, you'll also get three other BMWs in the Limited Collector's Edition. The pack will include the 2008 BMW M3 E92 and two cars that'll make roundel-loving fanboys very happy ? the 2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe and the 1981 BMW M1.
What else will you get? Glad you asked. Bundled together with a polished Steelbook DVD Case, the Limited Collector's Edition content includes a VIP Car Pack that includes:

2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
2010 Noble M600
2011 RUF Rt 12 R

You'll also get a limited quantity "Launch Bonus" car pack available for fans who order early. That pack includes:

1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
1997 Lexus SC300
2011 RUF RGT-8
2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

But wait, there's more. There's also a 10-car add-on pack of American muscle cars (also available for purchase at launch on Xbox LIVE Marketplace), VIP Membership status within the Forza community, including special recognition in new community features, leaderboards, and ForzaMotorsport.net.
In real life you'll also get a book titled "Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear," written by the "Top Gear" team, that describes in-game cars from the Autovista experience and features imagery from game and the Top Gear photo library and of course, a vinyl sticker set featuring the logos of "Forza Motorsport 4," "Top Gear" and Turn 10 Studios.

Because who wouldn't want stickers?

Want your own set of stickers? Click here.

xlarge_forza-lce-bmw-pack-02.jpg

xlarge_forza-lce-bmw-pack-03.jpg

xlarge_forza-lce-bmw-pack-04.jpg

xlarge_forza-lce-bmw-pack-05.jpg

Last edited:
i am so buying the LCE :D

I'm a sucker for the LCE packs too, so I'll be getting it. I'll also be committing to download all of the DLC packs instead of downloading a few then losing interest.

25?! Holy cannoli, they're going all out.

Though I guess not all are LCE stuff. Let's see, M5 Fan Pack available at launch (doesn't state if free or not), preorder bonus cars, VIP cars, and 10-car Day One paid DLC.

I want more details! (and a preorder link)

I guess my only beef is the M1 being an LCE car, but I suppose that doesn't matter since I'm buying it anyways. I'm such a sucker...

Gamespot posted an article about the LCE, and well...

https://pic.armedcats.net/i/il/ilpav123/2011/06/27/Capture.JPG

:rofl:

Anyway, the physics look pretty shit from that M5 video...especially compared to GT5 (I don't want to start a GT vs. Forza war here; just voicing my opinion).

I also noticed that the HUD looks VERY similar to NFS Shift's...

Last edited:
the game looks a lot faster now and is halfway between the slowness of forza3 and the hyperspace of nfs shift. I like the balance of the new sensation of speed.

I'll re-watch the video later but to me the Kia seemed to have similar body roll to the real thing, it was certainly there even if it didn't match.

Are there any gameplay videos that are proper video captures or is everything available just taken with a video camera?

It's hard to judge from the videos available since one doesn't know the controller setups and possible driving aids that are being used but generally the cars still seem to be going on rails unless you do something dramatic to initiate a slide (like the M5 jumping the kerbs at N?rburgring). There doesn't seem to be any drama when you jump from throttle to brake (or vice versa) even if you are going around a bend. Looks very similar to Forza 3 to me...

It's strange, because there is definitely some body roll going on, but it doesn't seem to actually transfer any weight. The cars never look like they are 'on the limit' and just clinging to it, but rather just skating around arbitrarily, looking like just an easy sunday drive. Am I the only who sees this?

Last edited:
It's strange, because there is definitely some body roll going on, but it doesn't seem to actually transfer any weight. The cars never look like they are 'on the limit' and just clinging to it, but rather just skating around arbitrarily, looking like just an easy sunday drive. Am I the only who sees this?

No. They do the same thing in FM3. GT5 has that too, to an extent, but it is less noticeable. GT5 has a weird disconnect in that going over bumps looks very real, very bouncy like a real street car. But the body lean doesn't match that level of softness in the suspension. It's like the dampers don't work over bumps, but do work when the body starts to roll (and work too much).

This is how much real cars lean in corners:

elisa.jpg

Dare anyone to take/find a picture in GT5 or FM3/FM4 that shows that much body roll and suspension dynamics. The only games to get this right are mostly hardcore sims on PC. Such as iRacing, below:

sols_lean.jpg

And do remember that is a race-modified car.

Last edited: