Forza Motorsport 4

I'm getting way ahead of the game here but I'll hopefully have an announcement tonight regarding the next time attack league, and I'm going to thoroughly mix it up. I'm going to get in touch with Turn10 and see if I can confirm some prize cars even before the game is released.

This time it won't be limited to just Finalgear too, I'm hoping to spread it around to other forums. :)

Talk about up to date reporting! Giving us breaking news...months after the news broke.

I swear T10 reads all of my posts!

I posted this back in Febuary:

Here is my idea: Unlock a track (license tests maybe?). After unlocking it all the corners will become open to be 'mastered.' After mastering all of the corners, track specific challenges will open. Challenges could be history related (NSX vs NSX battle against Ayrton Senna at Suzuka)

Now now:

[video=youtube;mW42VKFJC-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW42VKFJC-U&feature=player_embedded#at=190[/video]

:D I'm looking forward to this

Coupla' screens:

ALMS_2.png

ALMS_1.png

displayimage.php

6022205748_51e299823e_b.jpg

6021656631_bac41e2be2_b.jpg

6021659453_4d1c3b3089_b.jpg

6022216824_5eb0c2640b_b.jpg

The new lighting engine has so much more balls than the old.

You're right. In 3, it always looked like the car was not connected to the road. It was all in the lighting. Now they do.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got my new wheel all set up. I've got it mounted to an actual car seat lol.

Turn 10 just announced they're including the Nissan Leaf. Apparently this must be to off set the 1964 Impala SS 409 so they can meet CAFE standards :p. Still hard to decide which to pick...

nissan-leaf.jpg

1964_chevrolet_impala_ss_m.jpg

How is it that they can improve the graphics when the hardware on the xbox has remained the same?

Improved efficiency, new techniques, it happens with every console. Look at early PS2 games vs the final AAA titles like God of War 2.

Even if the hardware is static there are constant innovations in software.

Only problem is that Forza has always looked pretty good in the photo mode. If it looks close to that good while racing then I'll be very very happy. Can't wait for this, and I'm actually liking these frequent refreshes. Initially I thought I wouldn't...

How is it that they can improve the graphics when the hardware on the xbox has remained the same?

I believe I'm right in saying that the lighting/rendering engine used in FM3 was the same one used in FM1. Basically, they were using a substandard rendering engine before, and now it's up to date. Hell I think GTA IV had a more realistic lighting system than FM3.

Turn 10 has just announced Forza 4-4-2.

I mean, Forza has just gotten 442% more awesome, with the addition of this classic automobile that is... old:

1969_HurstOlds.jpg

Improved efficiency, new techniques, it happens with every console. Look at early PS2 games vs the final AAA titles like God of War 2.

Even if the hardware is static there are constant innovations in software.

Thanks. That makes sense and I figured as much. I guess I didn't realize there was that much headroom to improve the efficiency of the rendering engines.

There haven't been any updates for a while, so I'll post some (though they are somewhat old now).

Regarding cars, they've announced the Aston Martin DBR1, Ferrari 250 California, and the Jaguar D-Type. I'm really excited about the D-Type. :D

As for tracks, I just noticed today that the Hockenheimring will be in the game. I don't know how old this news is, but I just learned about it today and it's good to see more tracks being added to the game. Forza has been lacking in tracks for years... Hopefully there are more tracks to come.