Forza Motorsport 4

I just watched an interview with Dan Greenawalt talking about the lighting. They hired a guy from Pixar with the image based lighing engine.

isn't the collectors edition out for pre-order yet, or is it just me? :?

isn't the collectors edition out for pre-order yet, or is it just me? :?

I think I found it in a few shops but not many. I'll check when I get home.

LCE still not available in OZ gameshop :(

JB HiFi sells it for $120 and the normal version sells for $99 @_@

Ozgame shops sells the normal edition for just $58. Come on!!! Where's my LCE!??!

How long does EA's 'exclusive' deal last? Is there a way we can form, like, a protest or flash mob to try to convince them to give up these rights? In the very least it'll open up Porsche to everyone.

Fuck this. I just preordered too. At least I still have Forza 3. EA, go die in a fire.

While I understand you're upset, don't pass on this based on that reason alone. You'll be missing out. Besides, not getting it does nothing to EA, but only to T10.

Yeah, not having Porsche hasn't really effected GranTurismo, so it's not going to effect Forza (besides losing, what was it, 35 cars?). I'd say the better way to go about this is to boycott any racing game put out by EA :p

Yeah I'm just going to step on over to Gran Turismo and have a go in my Por-

FUCK.

rage%20extreme.jpg

Curse you, EA.

Seriously, EA. Quit ruining games. Stop buying smaller game firms and ruining their original intellectual property. Let Porsche go so other games can use them.
I know EA is all about money and not really about making games, but still. Its like its their business model. oh wait.. it is :)

Who want's to start a 'gamers against EA' group?

Seriously, they ruin everything.

I would love to, but I would be a hypocrite if I joined. Mainly due to mass effect, battlefield and swtor.

While I understand you're upset, don't pass on this based on that reason alone. You'll be missing out. Besides, not getting it does nothing to EA, but only to T10.

Yeah, not having Porsche hasn't really effected GranTurismo, so it's not going to effect Forza (besides losing, what was it, 35 cars?). I'd say the better way to go about this is to boycott any racing game put out by EA :p

No worries there- I still want it. I won't be cancelling my order unless they only offer Lifan and Sucklongwang. :D

I'm still excited for this game, just angry at Electronic Assholes.

I work across the street from EA's main headquarters. I can post a list of grievances on the EA cafeteria door, if you all like :)

Seriously, EA. Quit ruining games. Stop buying smaller game firms and ruining their original intellectual property. Let Porsche go so other games can use them.
I know EA is all about money and not really about making games, but still. Its like its their business model. oh wait.. it is :)

EA doesn't even make good use of the license. While they were at least leasing it to Turn 10, now all they will do with it is put them in crap NFS settings. Unless they plan to do a proper sequel to Porsche Unleashed (with good physics to support it), their tight hold on the license is quite unforgivable.

And why Porsche gave an exclusive license to EA in the beginning is beyond me. I'm sure Polyphony Digital was willing to pay a pretty penny, and I'm betting Turn 10 is now as well.

And how do you all feel about this?

Word is it won't be drivable.

While a total marketing ploy, I like it. I've always been in love with the Warthog. What odd, they SAY it's not going to be drivable, but it has a price....

I think if enough people call for it, they will put it in. Why not have an all Warthog race?

Last edited: