Forza Motorsport 7

Archie411

Car(s)
Go away....look at something else...
Surprising no one has posted this here yet.

Announce Trailer

Gameplay at E3

New Features

4K 60FPS Gameplay

Release date: October 3rd. 700+ Cars and 30+ Environments

At first, I was so and so about it. Mainly because of wheel support. I really like Forza Horizon 3, but with a wheel, that game is barely playable for me. So I thought I would wait for reviews of FM7 before getting too hyped.

However, yesterday I fired up Apex and set up the G27, and I had a blast! :| I don't know whether it received further updates after it got wheel support, but it felt really good. So good in fact that I went out and immediatly bought the Nurburgring pack.

I saw in an interview where Dan Greenawalt said that FM7 for PC is being built from the ground up and is not a port. I'm getting exicited again :D

I just upgraded my GPU to handle this at 4k 60fps, it monsters Horizon 3.

My only request is to bring back the older 'cup' style races in career mode instead of the 'story' mode in FM6. I want to be able to choose what races I do and not be forced to complete something to progress.

I don't know how it compares but apparently this how the FM7 career mode is going to be like.

How, for example, do we give players exposure to such a wealth of awesome stuff without making them feel overwhelmed?

The answer is the Forza Driver?s Cup, our new campaign mode. We?ve reimagined our campaign to allow players to tailor their progression as they see fit. There are six major championships to compete in and each series features a huge variety of cars and classes to compete in, highlighting the massive car list that is a cornerstone of Forza 7. You can race NASCAR vehicles, trophy trucks, pre-war cars, American muscle, exotic supercars, JDM classics, the list goes on and on. Go where you want, race the cars you love; you?ve got the freedom to do what you want.

The Forza Driver?s Cup will also feature a motorsport-inspired scoring system which will let you rack up points per race and allow you to unlock new car and brand-new Driver Gear (more on that in a bit). We?re also bringing back Showcase Events, where some of the most exclusive reward cars will live. In fact, we?ve re-thought how we reward players. Car collecting is a key element to the Forza Motorsport series and, with Forza 7, we?re blowing that out in a big way. In essence, the more cars you collect, the greater your post-race rewards will be. You?ll have an in-game tier level in game that will progress as your collection grows and the higher your tier, the better the rewards you?ll earn. We?ll have more to say about our car collecting system at Gamescom.

In the Motorworldhype interview from E3, Dan Greenawalt also says it's not a zero-to-hero approach, each group has diverse choices in cars. Bill Giese also teases something special that makes the game playable after you complete it.

Oh yeah, I also want the Alfa Montreal back. I was bitterly disappointed when I found out they had removed it. :(

Forza finally comes to PC and with a huge car count, but now I have a VR headset and any non-VR racing game seems disappointing...

Pre-ordered like a filthy consumer. The offer of free Hoonigan DLC did it, I wouldn't pay for that pack but it would be a shame to miss out on the muscle cars.

So with the demo out, I wanted to see how my computer would handle it.

Surprisingly not bad for a rig with a 7 year old mobo. It ran fine on medium settings. Yes, I'll never see close to 4k with it, but it looks fine enough and I'm getting the itch for a car game that isn't Rocket League...

The demo ran like arse on my machine at the same UHD settings I use for Horizon 3 with no issues. I assume it isn't as well optimised as the final game will be. The truck race was great but the others were a bit meh, with assists turned off as normal the Porsche just wanted to skid in a straight line and I spent most of my time in the other race getting rammed by Drivatards. :roll:

Here's hoping my pre-order isn't wasted money. That's unlikely though because it's a Forza Motorsport game and I'll be able to play it in 4K so it could be far worse...

How many of them are Skylines? :p

11 of 700. Compared to 72 Skylines of 1126 cars in GT6 (if my count is correct). Of GT Sport's confirmed car list 6 of 150 cars are Skylines/GT-Rs. GT6 also has 18 S2000s while FM7 only has one. Clearly FM7 is drastically under-Skylined.

I still haven't seen the benefit of FM7 over FM6. Is it just a handful of new cars from FH3 and a couple new tracks? 4K graphics (on the Xbone X) and the ability to dress my driver. I don't see myself buying a 4K TV or gaming monitor soon, so that's not a huge draw. Is there something I'm missing? I'll almost certainly still buy the game, because I'm a schmuck, I'm just looking for help trying to justify it.

Last edited:
I still haven't seen the benefit of FM7 over FM6. Is it just a handful of new cars from FH3 and a couple new tracks? 4K graphics (on the Xbone X) and the ability to dress my driver. I don't see myself buying a 4K TV or gaming monitor soon, so that's not a huge draw. Is there something I'm missing? I'll almost certainly still buy the game, because I'm a schmuck, I'm just looking for help trying to justify it.

The only big change I've seen compared to 6 is the "dynamic weather" that can change on some tracks throughout the race. For cars and tracks, it seems to be the usual incremental improvement (or loss, as in Toyota production cars). I'm just interested in it because I could play it on PC, something I can't do with 6.

I may just bite the bullet with this one, being how Gran Turismo disappointed me last time and UWP games seem to be a royal pain in the behind to make work if gotten from alternative sources.

I certainly wouldn't buy it if I didn't have a 4k TV, although I'm hoping that there is a better selection of races rather than being forced to choose one of three you don't like.

I love most of the previous Forza games, and this is the first proper one to come to PC, but I am so spoiled by VR now..... I don't think I'll buy any more sim-style racing games that don't work with it. If I'm already setting up my wheel I'll take the extra step of putting on the headset.

*Post revised completely because after 3 hours the game finally re-downloaded and ran fine - a screenshot of the original post can be seen here*

So my first impressions. They're still going with a 'story' in the career mode, which I don't like very much. I'd much rather have a great big screen of pre-set race cups as per older versions of Forza and Gran Turismo, however I can still make my own in Free Play mode and make cash as I did in FM6. I'm delighted to see that the Alfa Montreal is back, I've really missed my angry Alfa, and Maple Valley is back. The layout is slightly different so be careful on your first lap. I've lapped the Nordschleife and it seems very good even if there doesn't appear to be a sunny version.

It runs much better than the demo did, thankfully. I haven't played with the settings but on 4k default settings it seems to get a decent framerate.

Last edited:
A couple of days in an time for an update in my opinions.

First off I was partially wrong about the career mode, it isn't like Forza 6 at all but is more like Horizon 2. You get a selection of 3-4 race championships to run and earn 'series points' within a bigger championship (called series here), with the goal of progressing to the next series. You do only get 7 championships along with a few Horizon-style showcases but despite being picky I was able to find a muscle car championship and an 'open' championship to run my 240Z. By winning all of the races I only had to do two championships and two showcases, each championship earning me the maximum 1000 series points and the showcases earning 250 each to meet the 2500 requirement.

Weather wise I was pleasantly surprised to see sunny weather the next time I drove the Nordschleife, I don't know if it was mentioned in articles about the game so I wasn't expecting this but the weather is now dynamic. There are 3 'modes': day, night and rain. Day is always dry but variable as I've already seen, I haven't tried night but rain has a bigger sub-set of options.

It appears that the resolution of decals has been increased slightly, presumably as the game will be available in UHD on the XboneX. Still not super pretty but better.

Loot boxes. The game has them with the ability to win pretty much anything, but they're based on in-game credits. I haven't yet seen an option to buy credits with real cash so I don't suspect we're looking at microtransactions. Credits are easy to earn - drive for 30 minutes on your own with no opponents and you'll get 30k credits, use some mods and you can quadruple that. Heck you could probably just walk away and let the car sit there...

It seems that we now have enough small US-based tracks, along with the 4 hour timed races to bring back the 24 hours of Flemons if there's any interest. I'm hoping the availability on PC means more people will be buying this one. :)

Bought Forza the other day, but I keep getting code 0x80070005 errors when I attempt to pre-load it. It's apparently a known issue that'll supposedly resolve itself once the game officially releases, but it's not a great first impression. Ah well, even if it still won't download tomorrow, at least Microsoft has a fairly painless refund policy, from what I hear.

I downloaded FH3 just to relive a bit of forza-ness, crashed within 10m, gave up and not bothering with FM7, they just dont care or dont know how to make this game work on PC

Loot boxes. The game has them with the ability to win pretty much anything, but they're based on in-game credits. I haven't yet seen an option to buy credits with real cash so I don't suspect we're looking at microtransactions. Credits are easy to earn - drive for 30 minutes on your own with no opponents and you'll get 30k credits, use some mods and you can quadruple that. Heck you could probably just walk away and let the car sit there...

It has been confirmed they will be offering tokens for cash shortly. More than likely so they don't get the hit for them on launch reviews. Gaming is going to shit and I won't be supporting this cash grab. Was going to buy an X for Forza and one or two other games, but I'm tired of my hobby being turned into a shake down. I'm sure I will hear it that "you don't have to buy them", but when the game economy is tuned for this, it ruins it. Also by offering a pay to win option, what they are really saying is, "this game is not worth your time to play through."

It has been confirmed they will be offering tokens for cash shortly.

Ughh, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. As long as they can still be purchased with credits I don't mind too much, it gives me another reason to avoid the online multiplayer unless I'm playing with people I know. I had been tempted by the online leagues but I won't get involved with pay to win.

I had a few random crashes last night, all within a short space of time. Maybe something to do with them prepping the servers for release. All in though for the amount of time I've put in the game has run well.