Forza Motorsport is the best racing game ever created

Vitamin J

Car(s)
1996 Mazda Miata 1.8L, 1992 Spec Miata 1.6L
Spent the snow day yesterday racing Vipers on Forza all day. Here's a fast lap of the Nordschliefe in a Zakspeed Viper.

Click here to see Video

It landed me a top 30 time.

Of course I did!

and yes, ABS is on. TC and STM are off and I use a manual transmission.

Very Nice.

I wonder wich is the best racing "simulator"?

GTR , GTR2, Rfactor, ... or this Forza wich i did not know?

Easy...Live For Speed. Forza is a great arcade game, like Gran Turismo 4. But you if you want realistic physics, try Live For Speed.

Easy...Live For Speed. Forza is a great arcade game, like Gran Turismo 4. But you if you want realistic physics, try Live For Speed.
I have. Forza is better.

Forza is so accurate that I was able to run sub 2 minute laps around Laguna Seca in my Spec Miata the first time out. Based on my experience on the track in Forza and real life, I can say that Forza is the best simulator I have ever played. If you play it ham-fisted it will seem like an arcade, but if you use finesse on the controls and pic your line well amazing things start to happen.

There's a ton of cars in this game, I've been runiing an SRT10 around the Ring, and now a Z06 and a C6. Anyone have a request for a car? I bet there's a few cars I'd have trouble keeping on the track.

Here's my A1 Z06. 2500lbs, 414hp.

Click here to see Video

Last edited:
you're driving with a controller and calling forza the most realistic racing game ever?:?

944 Turbo around the 'ring :p

You have no idea how good the 360 controllers are

I'm doing a GT2 right now, next is an F40, the 944 will go after that.

Well I do, and I'm sorry but I think you've got all mixed up with yourself. You see, you have just had a great day on Forza, lap records and all that, so you have the notion that Forza is now the greatest driving game ever created. You need to stop listening to your own hype and chill out :)

I enjoy Forza, cant wait for #2 but it will never come close to the feeling GTR2 or LFS will give you with a wheel ...

Feeling and accuracy are different. Forza's physics are the best I've come accross including LFS. Especially when tuning the car's handling.

Try driving real-life car with a 360-controller and then tell me how good is Forza.

LFS is at least a _true_ simulator, nothing is faked, everything is simulated down to tire dynamics, wear and sounds (even though some find them crappy, but at least they aren't sampled).

And yeah, I've driven real cars, I've been playing LFS for few years, and I've had Forza for 1.5 years (first part of course). So you're not the only one with opinion. And from my point of view Forza is oversimplified. Not like NFS, but to a degree that it's instantly playable with controller by any 9-year old. Steering is nothing compared to LFS. I know I don't have a proper feedback with controller like I would have with the wheel, but it's still arcadish. You can turn from lock to lock in almost every situation and recover from it.

It's not terrible by any means, in fact it's a very good game, but in physics simulation sense and in effect from tuning/setting up the car it still quite far behind.

P.S. It's not like I'm trying to convince you, I know that I (or anyone else) will NEVER be able to convince you, so continue playing forza and be happy. But I can't leave LFS undefended on public forum :)

I'll post up a lap with telemetry turned on, then you'll understand the depth.

LFS is at least a _true_ simulator, nothing is faked, everything is simulated down to tire dynamics, wear and sounds (even though some find them crappy, but at least they aren't sampled).

Yeah, and the cars still handle like rubbish. I agree with Vitamin J that forza is better in terms of driving. While it is not 100% accurate, it is the only SIM that I can spend a few hours at a time with and not walk away disgusted at.

LFS and tire traction is HORRIBLE. In real life, most tires break away traction slowly and consistently- not abruptly like soap. Their front wheel drive is overly biased towards UNDERsteer in braking, where as IRL, you can induce OVERsteer in an fwd car(with and without abs).

Yeah, and the cars still handle like rubbish. I agree with Vitamin J that forza is better in terms of driving. While it is not 100% accurate, it is the only SIM that I can spend a few hours at a time with and not walk away disgusted at.

LFS and tire traction is HORRIBLE. In real life, most tires break away traction slowly and consistently- not abruptly like soap. Their front wheel drive is overly biased towards UNDERsteer in braking, where as IRL, you can induce OVERsteer in an fwd car(with and without abs).
Race slicks will break away more quickly than street tires thats for sure, but its not always as quick as the game shows.

Also, weigh transfer is a huge part of Forza, not so much other games. In Forza every car handles just how you tune it. You can have terrible understeer in your Corvette and huge oversteer in your Civic if you tune them that way.

Lap times in Forza are within 1 second from their real life counterparts in identical cars. Thats pretty much all you need to know.

the traction in LFS does break away slowly, the problem is that in a game you don't get the same feedback and thus you notice it much later.

and you can easily get the FWDs to oversteer...

Race slicks will break away more quickly than street tires thats for sure, but its not always as quick as the game shows.

Also, weigh transfer is a huge part of Forza, not so much other games. In Forza every car handles just how you tune it. You can have terrible understeer in your Corvette and huge oversteer in your Civic if you tune them that way.

Lap times in Forza are within 1 second from their real life counterparts in identical cars. Thats pretty much all you need to know.
laptimes don't tell you anything actually.

times in GT4 can also be very close, yet you can't even get the tail out at relatively slow speeds...

A common reaction. "I can't drive it so it's shit. But I can drive Forza with gamepad so it's a good sim". Well, how long it took you to learn to drive a real car?

It may surprise you but LFS has a learning curve, which arcades don't by definition. You may say "but I know how to drive a car, I should be able to just go at it if simulator is good". Yeah, if you had the same controls and feedback. I knew how to drive before I sat in the real car, but it still took me a while to get used to feedback. Same with PC, feedback is complitely different (and in case you don't have a wheel, there's no question LFS will feel weird).
LFS doesn't simulate your driving experience, that is just up to how much money you want to spend on equipment. The game simulates the behavior of the car.

There's big difference between "I like this game better" and "this game is a better sim".