Forza Motorsport League - Sign up here!

yeah, stock. No point in posting times with any upgrades since we won't get any for the first race :p

are you guys running suzuka east with stock cars when you're posting the times. if not, damn i was easily posting 57's with a stock hawkeye (06-07) sti while having a small 4 wheel drift around each corner

Suz east is a track where 4wd shines, lots of places where the extra force provided by a new set of wheels allows you to pull yourself out of the many slow corners. 4WD owns on tracks where the speed changes a lot. Power, brakes, pull away.

With my camaro i have a whole other stratagy, the key is to keep up the same speed for the whole lap for the sake of consistancy, from turn one to the final turn before the long straight, i stay in third gear that whole time (thats what a motor with torque allows me to do) and minimize braking.

This technique allows me to avoid the main problem with the camaro (exiting from a slow corner) and post comparable/faster times when facing much more modern and sophisticated cars.

When we get into the higher speed tracks (the nurburgring and sunset valley spring to mind) the camaro will shine.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to swap Sunset Peninsula for Road Atlanta. It's still a fast track, but doesn't have big concrete barriers as close the the track. Maple Valley has been requested, but I don't know where to fit it in, and to be honest I don't really like that track.

meh, what about Mugello long? I know it's got long straights which should give the muscly cars advantages, but we could do it towards the end to give some of us non muscly cars a bit more of a shot... plus it's just beautiful and still has a couple really technical turns.

Most of the tracks towards the end already have long straights, to be honest I don't want to go messing around too much because everybody else seems happy with the others. I want to have some tracks that might be biased towards one type of car (like New York or Cobra) because otherwise the racing will be the same.

Anyway, if you specifically want to keep up, choose to mod your car that way. People with muscle cars are likely to choose handling upgrades over engine, where people in light or AWD cars will go for engine upgrades to keep up. The system works. :D

I'm changing Sunset to Atlanta because I don't want a pileup, that is all.

pile ups are awesome!!! and MattDizzle, I do agree that it's very easy for that car to go around that track, especially with all the little slides, more practices means bigger slides :)

Well this was going to be my car, but it doesn't even reach 998 with full upgrades so.... ehh I guess I better find another car or else I'll get lapped like a lap counter.

http://img404.imageshack.**/img404/548/b101805ed3d640acbbe1c8dgw1.jpg

I guess I might take part but if the timezone doesn't fit then don't worry :p

BlitzR
GMT +10.00
Posted 6.40 PM
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/08/25/18167401-eb3d-4f7e-8d44-3dfa0a625169.jpg
:p

just getting some more friday action going on today (by that i mean we will be skipping saturday and proceeding directly to sunday)

hungry.jpg

She's tired, she's dirty, and she just knocked out a 56.04, in 20 minutes i managed to claw my way up two tenths, i think thats as far as i can push the old pushrod girl.

God i love road racing.

My times used to range from 57 to 59 seconds, a big change, now i can go no faster than 56.0 and usually am not slower than 56.6. Is half a second consistant enough?

I just chose a new car, I changed over to the Saleen Mustang (this is not an issue correct) fromt eh camaro, I like the way it drivs alot better. Sticks to the road instead of sliding. I wend from a consistent 58, to a moderatly consistent 56.5

I'm still waiting for 5 people to join up before I start the races, just in case people were wondering. :)

That might take a few years... :p

Hmm, yeah that's true. I sent PMs out to all the people you listed and none have joined (okay so there was only 3)

Maybe I'll start it this weekend. I went for a job interview today, so I might be working next week. Races can still be run on sundays or weekday nights though so it's not that bad. :)

To be honest i dont like the whole "build to S998 thing, i dont think its worth building the camaro to that spec, might change to the MR2 GT.

I'm all for sundays (or mondays). I hope we can start this sunday, matter of fact.

Is there any rough indication of what time they will be run? I would quite like to join but I doubt the timezones would work out well enough (I'm GMT+10).

yeah, this weekend is a bad idea!!!

i'm out of town

Is there any rough indication of what time they will be run? I would quite like to join but I doubt the timezones would work out well enough (I'm GMT+10).

We already have one GMT+10 person signed up, so I think we could work something out. I can't sort the time until I have every racer's 'zone.

yeah, this weekend is a bad idea!!!

i'm out of town

Okay, let me know when you're back. :)

Last edited: