Forza Motorsport

• No, definetly not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be like the best news ever...

Finally a really good (I assume...) racing game for the pc where you can buy and tune cars you had to buy before... And you have a really big choice, and its supposed to be a sim...

Can't wait for a Game like that on PC...

Buba

uhm there is a wheel in the works, no specs though. Also the xbox controller is suprisingly communicative and sensitive, two analog sticks, two analog triggers and various force feedback. In terms of racing on a gamepad its far superior to the PS2's dual shock. Never liked the idea of having a go button a stop button, a turn left button and a turn right button....

Only thing on PC side I can think of in terms of sim like racing woud be GTR or Live for speed

Anybody see the "popular science" article this month on Forza Motorsport (with a little mention of GT4). Anyway, quite interesting article on the emotion/reality associated with video games - racing in particular. They have a sweet xbox driving setup for the magazine...one the consumer can potentially buy too.

The magazine/MS make the claim that Forza recalculates physics for the cars 4x faster than GT4...60 calculation/sec vs. 240. That doesn't mean much in my opinon, as MS can screw up anything. But the guy behind Forza is a cool guy - he supposedly spent a ton of time watching old Formula 1 tapes to get into the whole car scene.

Anyway, I've got a modded xbx and am waiting for Forza to be released. We'll see if I can't pull it from IRC a day or two before the release...I'll let you all know my impressions. Until then, LFS rules (and oh, GT4 is monumental as well).

For now, GT4 can't be beaten. I've talked with Viper about ths one - he's sticking w/ GT4. I'm guessing MS's shot at the market is going to be a good one, but who knows. The pop sci magazine makes it seem superb. I'd find a link to the pop sci article, but their site is down. 8)

I like to tell you my point of view.

I collect racing games and of course I have GT4 and also Enthusia and Forza is also on my want-list. I played the Demo and I was impressed how I could crash the 360 Modena. I?m going to buy it and also Midnight Club3.

I don?t know if it can kill GT4...maybe the online-mode in Forza is the key to success ;) I vote maybe for now... :)

for those with both a playstation and an xbox the key could well be the fact that GT4 was released first, and if they're so similar, why get Forza if you already have GT4?

Looks cool though, heres a vid comparing the two:
ftp://hswftp:hswftp@www.hsw.hu/movie/Forza_Vs_GT4.avi

This game better be good, I've been waiting for something that can actually compete with the Gran Turismo series, although apperantly there aren't any real force feedback wheels for the Xbox, which kinda sucks, but oh well...

they very well might, since xbox is much closer to a pc than ps2 is

i thought ie was
in example

On the topic of physics, when your physics engine takes into account the rotational inertia of every moving part, you're golden in my book.

w00, got this today. I haven't played much since it came out at the worst time ever, but from what I have seen this game is awesome.

Maybe I'll get lucky and my new subwoofer (250W, 12inch JBL) will arrive about the time exams end and the forza playing begins :-D

I got GT4
and I was waiting to see the videos of this thread about Forza
to give my vote

GT4 sounds better in my opinion
but Forza is very interesting too
it will stay the best driving simulator until the next one

...on PS3 :unsure: :(

clem said:
I got GT4
and I was waiting to see the videos of this thread about Forza
to give my vote

GT4 sounds better in my opinion
but Forza is very interesting too
it will stay the best driving simulator until the next one

...on PS3 :unsure: :(

I dunno, Forza definitely has GT4 in its sights. The graphics are much better, Xbox Live play is amazing, and the cars feel a lot more realistic than even GT4. Forza makes me actually want to own the steering wheel for my xbox.

It will probably take until the 3rd revision (Microsoft rule of three) for it to over take GT4, especially if they have a version of it for the Xbox360, which should be out before sony can push the PS3 out the door.

The game is stunning, absolutely great.
Haven't played alot of GT4, so kinda hard to tell if its a GT4 killer..

W00t, got it today. Its freaking awesome. I'm hooked, I will be playing it for years, lol.

The graphics are superb, but not as good as Project Gotham 2 graphics. The cars still look really nice, and when you mess up a car, it really get damaged.

This game is sweet, we should make a Car Club for FinalGear on Xbox Live.

That's a cool idea...I'd be down for the FinalGear car club as soon as I get my hands on the game.

Yeah, maybe I'll start it up, but I want to progress through some of the single-player career before I hop online.

Man, I wanna play that game, too... I got a PS2 from a friend just for GT4, now I need to find somebody whos lending me a Xbox...

Buba

buy something zur Abwechslung :p
Forza is a great game. Got it yesterday and my eyes are aching because of it. Played tooo long.

For everyboy in germany:
Karstadt has it exklusively now....others might get it next week or.

Buy Forza and you won?t regret it :thumbsup: :woot:

I'm finding it sooooo hard to wait before I buy this game. If I wait a month I can get a much better deal on it, but it just looks sooooooooo awesome. I mean, have you seen what some people have been able to do with their cars already? :shock:

blueflamett.jpg

kobram.jpg

yeah Chaos,
I?m addicted to it :woot:
but "pimpin" you car like this need a lot of afford and time. I don?t put stickers on my Ferraris or Porsches.

C?mon Chaos!
get this game now :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.