Forza Motorsport

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie720

Car(s)
1974 Leyland Mini, 1963 Morris Mini
Does anyone play forza? and if so do you think its better than GT4 or not?
i reckon it is, it has less cars but the customization is way better, and all the parts are from real brands that you can actually buy, not the fake stuff u get for your car in NFS U :lol:
i want to make a drift video with it but i really suck at racing games and i have no wheel to do so

Very different games.

GT4 is the sim for people who want to learn how to hold a drift whereas Forza is the game for ppl who want the game to be engineered so that they can hop into any car and hold massive drifts and think that they are doing it.

Forza is more arcadey GT4. You need lots of time for GT games. I won't deny it though, Forza is a hellava lot of fun!

Forza lacks the polish of GT4, the car models are not nearly as good. and even though there IS damage, its generic. same goes for the tracks. and there is no rally mode. there are 3 times as many cars in GT4. however the cars are very different between the two games. GT4 has a neverending list of cars from the 1886 motor carriages to the Tommy Kaira ZZII to the '60's Daihatsu Midget. Forza however has an arsenal of cars that arent licensed by Polyphony like Ferrari's, Koenigsegg, Porsche etc.
Gameplay wise, GT4 is much much longer and more immersive. its harder IMO and more rewarding as well. But Forza is much easier to get the hang of and master.

bartboy9891 said:
Forza lacks the polish of GT4, the car models are not nearly as good. and even though there IS damage, its generic. same goes for the tracks. and there is no rally mode. there are 3 times as many cars in GT4. however the cars are very different between the two games. GT4 has a neverending list of cars from the 1886 motor carriages to the Tommy Kaira ZZII to the '60's Daihatsu Midget. Forza however has an arsenal of cars that arent licensed by Polyphony like Ferrari's, Koenigsegg, Porsche etc.
Gameplay wise, GT4 is much much longer and more immersive. its harder IMO and more rewarding as well. But Forza is much easier to get the hang of and master.

I also think that the forza series lacks the polish of GT4 because it is the first release. After 4 revisions, GT should be better than a product just breaking into the market. Give it time, and the comparison will be more fair. I personally can't wait until Forza 2 for Xbox360, because that's where the graphics and gameplay will take a leap forward.

I have Forza but it isn't backwards compatible with xbox360 yet, sooo i'm not really playing it. (I have PGR3 and NFS:MW to get my racing fix).

hokiethang said:
bartboy9891 said:
I have Forza but it isn't backwards compatible with xbox360 yet, sooo i'm not really playing it. (I have PGR3 and NFS:MW to get my racing fix).
What do you mean by that?

Forzas physics engine is 4 times faster than GT4s too recalcuating its 240 times per sec to gt4s 60. but gt4 is indeed more polished and i prefer that to forza on most occasions because i do like the scenery and the models and the customization. it just feels more technical in GT4, mebe because of the lack of pictures and that really technical look of the interface, i dunno. GT5 is gunna be epic it looks so gorgeous the pit crew and everything. If they got the licences of Ferrari Lambo Koeniggesegg etc they would be utterly unbeatable. Forza is more of a jump right in nd play sort of deal. it has its charm. but all the cars look shorter and fatter int eh game for some reason..maybe its my tv
GTs music is more...better im not sure but the ambience i think i better in GT4

Whoever has Forza and wants to meet up online that'd be swell. Gotta set up my Xbox live n the dormitory tho

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
hokiethang said:

I'd say he meant it the other way around... that the xbox 360 isn't backwards compatible with Forza, ie. you can't play the original Forza game on an xbox 360. However, this list (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm) says that it is backwards compatible. :?

I think Forza was a great game, its just a bit dry. I think they will get it right when they give it another go, the physics and the amount of tweaking you can do is really awesome. Thats what I liked about the game, it was so deep in the amount of stuff you can do to any car, and what you actually do actually affected the car. I am eagerly awaiting Forza 2, I know it will be a great game.

flamingice said:
hokiethang said:

I'd say he meant it the other way around... that the xbox 360 isn't backwards compatible with Forza, ie. you can't play the original Forza game on an xbox 360. However, this list (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm) says that it is backwards compatible. :?

Yeah, apparently they either added it to the list or I missed it completely last time I looked at the list.

I meant (as I had thought at the time) you couldn't play forza on an xbox 360 because the backwards compatibility software isn't updated for it (which I now see otherwise).

i am an xbox fan, mainly because i havent had a single sony thing except for the psp which is very recent. I reckon forza is better because it is more arcadey, and thats what a game is about, if someone wants to play a real realistic game then go out and drive a real car. and forza is one and only right? there is no "series"

wooflepoof said:
Forza is more of a jump right in nd play sort of deal. it has its charm. but all the cars look shorter and fatter int eh game for some reason..maybe its my tv

:lol: blaming forza car models because of your tv... the cars in forza are heaps good, they look almost real. i dont know about gt4 but i think forzas models are better.....

http://norm302.forzacentral.com/images/forza_GTO_1968_03.jpg FORZA

http://www.nothingbutme.net/gallery/albums/gt4/IMG0008.jpg GT4

Trust me, GT4's car models are the best. Ever used GT Photo Mode?

hehe...photos always look better than the real thing mate, i bet u the game
makes em look nicer

Meh, arguing over the graphics - who cares, it's the gameplay that matters people, the gameplay

fbc said:
Meh, arguing over the graphics - who cares, it's the gameplay that matters people, the gameplay

exactly,
both games are the best of the best and if you have both than you have nothing to winge about :)

Theyre both classified as simulators rite? I always wondered if that was why they didnt have that warning that u find on NFS and other racing games that says that the driving isnt real and you shouldnt try it or assume your car will act that way.

GT Photo mode is boss. And i meant some of the cars (enzo in particular) looked ever so slightly out of proportion. I tried the game at my friends house and it turns out it WAS the tv I use in school. they look fine everywhere else

zenkidori said:
I don't like arcade games unless I'm at the arcade.

GT4 > Forza.

its not an arcade game

GT4 = Forza :)

Forza was a great first try, but there were many things not quite up to spec on it. The engine sounds from car to car, especially after bering modified were pretty scetchy. The sounds for crashes were just bad, it was like a tin can getting crushed. The car models were hit or miss, something like 60 percent of them were outsourced from the studio, some were bang on great, others not so much.

It also had one of the worst soundtracks since sega gt 2002, but hey thats what custom xbox soundtracks are for. The tracks were also hit n miss much like the car models. Some of them looked very nice and real, others looked on the cartoon side. Also you can tell some tracks they werent able to goet the lisencing for, LIke that bahurst ausy track, so they just changed a few things and called it somthing different. (blue mountain).

In the end the physics engine was quite good, but the yardstick i messure a sim by, is that if I can do passable laps with the consol controller with all the aids turned off, it's not exactly a sim. Both gt games gt games and forza fail that.

stapler123 said:
Forza was a great first try, but there were many things not quite up to spec on it. The engine sounds from car to car, especially after bering modified were pretty scetchy. The sounds for crashes were just bad, it was like a tin can getting crushed. The car models were hit or miss, something like 60 percent of them were outsourced from the studio, some were bang on great, others not so much.

It also had one of the worst soundtracks since sega gt 2002, but hey thats what custom xbox soundtracks are for. The tracks were also hit n miss much like the car models. Some of them looked very nice and real, others looked on the cartoon side. Also you can tell some tracks they werent able to goet the lisencing for, LIke that bahurst ausy track, so they just changed a few things and called it somthing different. (blue mountain).

In the end the physics engine was quite good, but the yardstick i messure a sim by, is that if I can do passable laps with the consol controller with all the aids turned off, it's not exactly a sim. Both gt games gt games and forza fail that.
mmm i c

Status
Not open for further replies.