Forza Motorsport

Status
Not open for further replies.
cookie720 said:
i am an xbox fan, mainly because i havent had a single sony thing except for the psp which is very recent. I reckon forza is better because it is more arcadey, and thats what a game is about, if someone wants to play a real realistic game then go out and drive a real car. and forza is one and only right? there is no "series"

That?s a stupid argument. So, since it?s a game, everything must be done unrealisticly? :roll:
In my opinion, we should have both kinds of games. Some easy and "arcadey" like the NFS series and some very realistic, like Live for Speed.

cookie720 said:
i am an xbox fan, mainly because i havent had a single sony thing except for the psp which is very recent. I reckon forza is better because it is more arcadey, and thats what a game is about, if someone wants to play a real realistic game then go out and drive a real car. and forza is one and only right? there is no "series"

eeeehhh... I dont have money to go out racing... so I think I will stick with the DAAADDDYY..... GT4(clarkson voice style)

There is no need to turn this into a Sony Fanboy vs. Microsoft Fanboy thread.

Forza has it's positives, it's a first version, it will get better and likely will be improved in many of the areas people complain about. Later versions of Forza will look better and fix a lot of problems people have with the game now.

GT4 is good, It's what I have come to expect from Gran Turismo. GT5 when it comes out will ramp up the graphics, and that will also be a very good thing.

I like both games, and there is no need to berate one just because you have never given the other a try.

hokiethang said:

Forza has it's positives, it's a first version, it will get better and likely will be improved in many of the areas people complain about. Later versions of Forza will look better and fix a lot of problems people have with the game now.

GT4 is good, It's what I have come to expect from Gran Turismo. GT5 when it comes out will ramp up the graphics, and that will also be a very good thing.

I like both games, and there is no need to berate one just because you have never given the other a try.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

hokiethang said:

I know you are right hokie... but is so much fun to make a debate!!! :mrgreen: I want to play forza... but I need to Upgrade my xbox first... if you know what I mean.

I was dissapointed with GT4's physics, I still can't understand how you can do donuts in a FWD Golf and not in the HKS RS1 D1 Car .... :? Before someone asks "What have donuts got to do with a game ?" It's the basis on which drifting is developed on. I will concede that GT4 is THE best Grip racing game ever :thumbsup:

Drift = Forza / GT3
Grip = GT4 :thumbsup:

I'm just glad I have both, and I look forward to future productions from Polyphony and Mircosoft to bring better and better in the future :D

cookie720 said:
wooflepoof said:
Forza is more of a jump right in nd play sort of deal. it has its charm. but all the cars look shorter and fatter int eh game for some reason..maybe its my tv

:lol: blaming forza car models because of your tv... the cars in forza are heaps good, they look almost real. i dont know about gt4 but i think forzas models are better.....

http://norm302.forzacentral.com/images/forza_GTO_1968_03.jpg FORZA

http://www.nothingbutme.net/gallery/albums/gt4/IMG0008.jpg GT4
those are both actually terrible pictures :p
if you've seen cars like the SLR McLaren in both games, you'll notice that the spoiler doesnt come up under hard braking in Forza and the lights are light blue in Forza.

Cosworth said:
Nope, The car will just drive around in a circle with no oversteer at all ... :cry:

I bet GT4 is so real.. that it does not turn the tcs off, like in the real world

I still haven't played it... GT4 was a long term companion, since I bought a DFP for it and lended a PS2 for 6 weeks from a friend...

Forze should be more of my thing... Dunno...

driving force pro.

900? steering wheel designed for GT4, but also compatible with the PC

it feels awesome, though it requires work to get the hang of it. its very precise, but also compared to the dualshock it gets to be handful at times.

Yep, this is a problem with GT4's physics engine. Another problem that I found with the GT4 physics engine is the unrealistic amount of snap back when existing a corner, it's really frustrating. I haven't tried out Froza myself, but from what I've read, each game has their + and -. I really like Forza's ability to do online play. I know you can xLink with GT4, but it's just not the same. I saw some GT4 xLink drift videos, the lag seem bad.

I played Forza online for a month or so. Its really kinda annoying, and if you have one laggy person it ruins it for everybody. Also the Xbox live interface is clunky and hard to navigate. But if you get into a room with little lag, its a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.