Fox News - wtf is wrong with these guys?

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I don't hate FOX for being pro-republican, I hate them for being baised and then claiming to be an unbaised news source.

I want a fair and unbalanced news report. I could care less if the report makes Kerry or whoever look bad - I want to hear it fair and square.

One of the biggest things between us and places like China is the freedom of the press to report unslanted.

Car(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (USDM)
hanasand said:
They even have a part called "no comment", there are only video without voiceover.
Believe me, bias can be reflected even if it is just video without a voiceover :wink: .

Daniel

They have it on euronews aswell. It can easily give you the wrong impression of things, but at least you cn judge for yourself. :|

v0od0o

Car(s)
981 CS
ESPNSTI said:
hanasand said:
They even have a part called "no comment", there are only video without voiceover.
Believe me, bias can be reflected even if it is just video without a voiceover :wink: .
Exactly what I wanted to say.
Anyone can choose to view certain parts of footage that is guaranteed to "bias" you in a specific direction, specially by showing it out of its context.
Imagine a fight between 2 ppl where 1 hit the other so the other one screamed at him.
Showing you the whole situation would certainly bias you against the one who began the fight by hitting.
But what if I showed you only the part where person2 is screaming at the first guy, now you see person2 as the bad guy.

Car(s)
Another example:
Lets say there are 10 or so people that are protesting against something.
They're holding up signs and shouting things, etc...
If the camera man is also against the thing that they are protesting against, he might decide to zoom in, which makes it look like a lot more people are there.
If he's not with the protesters, he might zoom out, which would reveal there are only 10 people there.

v0od0o

Car(s)
981 CS
shall we always disagree? :p
Well we're having a discussion I guess, and sooner or later someone will disagree anyway :wink:

Car(s)
"If I argue with you, I must take a contrary position!"
(Monty Python) :lol:

hanasand

Despot
Heh, yeah but see this all started because of something I said.
But ESPNSTI's points and all the others for that matter is
agreed upon by everyone... :|

Renesis

Lazier than Viper
Car(s)
2007 BMW Z4 3.0 SI
justin syder said:
i think mods have the right to delete the posts that seem obviously spamming :wink:
ohh.

glad to hear you say that.

From the renesis online dictionnary:

Spamming: Action, 1. Every post by justinsyder since they lack sence and show ignorance or a stupid opinion. Synonym: Crappy post
I'll make sure to listen to you and take actions in the future. :)