Fox News - wtf is wrong with these guys?

I don't hate FOX for being pro-republican, I hate them for being baised and then claiming to be an unbaised news source.

I want a fair and unbalanced news report. I could care less if the report makes Kerry or whoever look bad - I want to hear it fair and square.

One of the biggest things between us and places like China is the freedom of the press to report unslanted.

hanasand said:
They even have a part called "no comment", there are only video without voiceover.
Believe me, bias can be reflected even if it is just video without a voiceover :wink: .

I know, but just watch it. You'll see what I mean.

ESPNSTI said:
hanasand said:
They even have a part called "no comment", there are only video without voiceover.
Believe me, bias can be reflected even if it is just video without a voiceover :wink: .
Exactly what I wanted to say.
Anyone can choose to view certain parts of footage that is guaranteed to "bias" you in a specific direction, specially by showing it out of its context.
Imagine a fight between 2 ppl where 1 hit the other so the other one screamed at him.
Showing you the whole situation would certainly bias you against the one who began the fight by hitting.
But what if I showed you only the part where person2 is screaming at the first guy, now you see person2 as the bad guy.

Another example:
Lets say there are 10 or so people that are protesting against something.
They're holding up signs and shouting things, etc...
If the camera man is also against the thing that they are protesting against, he might decide to zoom in, which makes it look like a lot more people are there.
If he's not with the protesters, he might zoom out, which would reveal there are only 10 people there.

shall we always disagree? :p
Well we're having a discussion I guess, and sooner or later someone will disagree anyway :wink:

"If I argue with you, I must take a contrary position!"
(Monty Python) :lol:

Daniel said:
Locking anyone? Lock or I'll be a postwhore.
That's no excuse. Don't start.

i think mods have the right to delete the posts that seem obviously spamming :wink:

justin syder said:
i think mods have the right to delete the posts that seem obviously spamming :wink:

ohh.

glad to hear you say that.

From the renesis online dictionnary:

Spamming: Action, 1. Every post by justinsyder since they lack sence and show ignorance or a stupid opinion. Synonym: Crappy post

I'll make sure to listen to you and take actions in the future. :)

you seem to be on a lower intelligence level lately, what's going on?