Frankfurt: Mercedes-Benz Vision R63 AMG

Kowalski

09-05-2005 - Mercedes-Benz Vision R 63 AMG World Premiere: http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050905.003

The fastest production MPV ever. Oh no wait! Still is a concept... :p

http://img238.imageshack.**/img238/4351/mercedesr63amg7ye.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.**/img171/1773/mercedesvisionr63amg2ml.jpg

6.3 DOHC V8 - 510 BHP - 500 ibs/ft of Torque.

0 to 60 Mph: 5s - Top speed: 155 Mph (Electronically Limited).

Mmm me likes a lot. The front end really makes a statement, but its almost like all other Mercs.

If the front would look like this in real life -> Awesome! Go and make it, Merc!

Buba

Not bad, not bad at all...

me likes it ALOT.... go merc!.... they finally understand of what I think is cool :D, sleeper wagons/mpv's :D ... like this
<-----------------------

Here's a thought: CLS Wagon? (It does have some similiar lines...)

That is nice. I don't usually like Mercs but for that (and the CLS) I make an exception!! It's also good to see Mercedes committing to the wagon/estate type body where everywhere else the MPV seems to be killing it off. That is one sweet ride.

Is it only me that find the headlights hideous? :unsure:

Ianspeed said:
mm.... more dillution of the brand... :(

<ducks> :eek: :D

The only thing left is the brand.

The rest has disappeared. They're just selling based on it.

Wow that 'gunmetal grey' colour is real nice!! :woot: They should make that available on other Mercs. I also like those rims on this AMG.

Worlds fastest MPV eh :lol:
flyingfridge said:
Here's a thought: CLS Wagon? (It does have some similiar lines...)

That is nice. I don't usually like Mercs but for that (and the CLS) I make an exception!! It's also good to see Mercedes committing to the wagon/estate type body where everywhere else the MPV seems to be killing it off. That is one sweet ride.
:lol: Oh God NO CLS wagon for christs sake!! Lets keep that badge in tact shall we.

Are these out yet? The normal version...not the AMG? I saw a car that looked alot like that today, and I thought "wow, what is that? Must be a new A-Class with some extra stuff on it".

But now that I look at these pics it looked like this model.

It is in Europe...not sure about America though, maybe just the R500 in the US. In Aus though, it aint coming til 2006 along with the M and B Class models.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
M and B Class models.

WTF is B Class?

DJ said:
It is in Europe...

You sure about that?
:oops: Actually im mistaken. Its not out...yet ;)
flyingfridge said:
M and B Class models.

WTF is B Class?
0f.jpg

One up from the A-Class obviously...supposed to appeal to the younger generation.

^^ Now that's just stoopid. Looks like a bigger version of the original A-Class.

Lessons on how to devalue a brand 101.

me likey :thumbsup:

much nicer than the dull design merc is using right now

and that B class is ugly, but will sell like hell over here. at last a decent competitor for the espace, caus there weren't realy any if you ask me

flyingfridge said:
^^ Now that's just stoopid. Looks like a bigger version of the original A-Class.

Lessons on how to devalue a brand 101.

Hey, they improved the A-class... they had to fuck up in another way. :mrgreen:

bihus said:
Ianspeed said:
mm.... more dillution of the brand... :(

<ducks> :eek: :D

The only thing left is the brand.

The rest has disappeared. They're just selling based on it.

Agreed.

:thumbsdown: to this and Mercedes' desire to plug every market niche imaginable no matter what the cost to the brand.

I'm pretty sure that was it! Or maybe I'm going crazy! I don't really know the small Mercs.