Frankfurt Motor Show: Toyota Yaris

Overheat

Forum Addict
06-yaris-f3q.jpg

The award-winning Yaris is Toyota's best-seller, accounting for around a quarter of all its sales in Europe; over 1.2million have been sold since launch in 1999. The Mk2 range has a lot to live up to, and Toyota intends it to sell in even greater numbers, targeting 250,000 buyers a year in Europe.

As invariably happens over the lifespan of a supermini, the Yaris has grown: a little longer, taller and wider, its cabin is roomier, and Toyota claims its boot is the largest in the class - 737litres, with the rear seats in place. Those seats split and fold flat into the load bay floor, and also accommodate three people. The cabin has been restyled with attention to detail and though the old Yaris had far from a rattling, tatty selection of cheap plastics, Toyota claims a useful increase in quality and much-reduced gaps between plastic panels and pieces. The front seats have been revised, and the pedals moved forwards, for a better driving position for taller drivers and easier access in and out.

Engines for the new line-up are the economical three-cylinder 1.0-litre (69bhp) and 1.3-litre (87bhp) petrol units, as in the closely-related Daihatsu Sirion, and a 1.4-litre D-4D diesel (90bhp); the 1.0 and D-4D units are both now available in the Aygo range as well. The clutchless multi-mode transmission (MMT) gearbox is optional with each. New technology includes a more compact 'smart' key, an MP3-compatible audio system, knee-protecting airbags and anti-whiplash seats; on the safety front, Toyota claims to have put the Yaris through extensive car-to-car crash testing above and beyond that demanded by the Euro NCAP programme.

BlaRo said:
It's an egg!
:lol:

No it looks like a Jazz/A-Class/C1/Renalt whatever....remember the 1st episode of TG for this season where they tested some new Honda and they had its competitors in the studio. They all look alike.

Ped safety..

what about the other toyota that JC played Football with?... isn't it basically the same as the Yaris?

andyhui01 said:
what about the other toyota that JC played Football with?... isn't it basically the same as the Yaris?
Thats what I was reffering too...uhh so it was a Toyota? :oops: Thought that was a new Honda.

I presume you're on about the Toyota Aygo - you're probably getting confused with the Honda Jazz. The Yaris is another competitor to the same market really aka Vitz/Echo I believe.

Overheat said:
I presume you're on about the Toyota Aygo - you're probably getting confused with the Honda Jazz. The Yaris is another competitor to the same market really aka Vitz/Echo I believe.
Yeh I reffered to [06x01] and get it now but I think you'll agree, they all look exactly the same!
jensked said:
You mean the Toyota Aego...I don't think it has 4 doors.

We have a Toyota Yaris Verso (my mother drives it). It's a f*** ugly car, but it is ?ber-handy when it comes to moving furniture or go windsurfing :)
Theres a word for that...FUGLY :p I dont get the point of the Verso :?

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Theres a word for that...FUGLY :p I dont get the point of the Verso :?

Well, it has a LOT of space in it. And I mean, a LOT...you can fold the backseats into the floor, and then you have this huge open space, with rings in the floor (and on the ceiling) so you can attach things so they don't move. The car has a high roof, so you can put things in it you can't get into another car. Like a whole 2 person couch.

The high roof's also good for windsurfing. I put all my stuff diagonally, my sails, my boom etc... that saves time because you don't have to tie it on top of the roof. You can't put that in another car of this lenght.