Free issue of Top Gear mag / EVO mag...

teeb

Car(s)
old Saab 9-3 coup?
WH Smith, a UK newsagent chain, has started selling lots of their instore magazines online. As a special offer, it's offering anyone who registers now one free download of any mag of their choice - to the first 10,000 people.

You need to register for free on WH Smith's website, then follow the steps to install its special 'Delivery Manager'. Once this is all in place, you can select the title of your choice, and it will transfer onto your PC.

There's no obligation to buy any more magazines after you've downloaded the free one, though if you want to, each costs the same as it would on the newsstands. You can get any of their magazines they've got, although since this is a car forum Top Gear mag and EVO are both available...(they usually cost ?4ish...)

Here's the link. I don't know if it works for outside the UK; I got a free copy of evo fine.. You don't have to give credit card details for the free issue.

I get EVO, Octane and Autocar cheaply but this seems like a decent deal.

maybe you can tell me where I can buy old issues of Top Gear or re-order them.

I found some at ebay but there must be shops or so who could provide me as well.

Download TG mag? I think I'll pay the ?4. Nice idea though.

maybe you can tell me where I can buy old issues of Top Gear or re-order them.

I found some at ebay but there must be shops or so who could provide me as well.

There is a back order section in Top Gear Magazine. Well, I presume there is.

On the other hand, eBay (especially big lots such as 'all TG mags from issue 1, wife made me sell them') will be cheaper, except for postage. Mags are heavy. Keep your fingers crossed that someone within 'local pickup' range sells them.

Download TG mag? I think I'll pay the ?4. Nice idea though.

I agree, but for a free one off I tried it. I don't want to pay the same price as in shops for a digital download. Having said that it's a chunk cheaper than an overseas subscription. Shrug.

Great thing this! Because I'm from Spain it's always hard to find some of these mags like Evo, TopGear or Octane so, I'm already downloading this month's Top Gear issue.

Thanks Teeb!