Frenching Intensifies - 2018 Renault Clio

Adunaphel

Angrily shouting at Klauwds
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Cube²
What do you do when you really like your current car, but the warranty, free services, tyres, brakes and most importantly, your windscreen wipers are all running out... You buy a newer version of it, of course! Mindless consumerism at its best. And of course, there has to be an upgrade of some sorts, so it needs to have more toys.
We ordered ours in early January, afetr kicking the Aduvester people out of the house we basically drove straight to the dealership and ordered it. There was again a bit of a wait while our Clio was made to our spec, and in late April, we took delivery of it. Fast forward almost three months (and about 8000km) and the forums are finally fast enough for me to bother writing this thread.
So, I present to you, the 2018 version of the Renault Clio, this time in a darker blue, and with the "Intens" trim level (requsite wife accesory behind the wheel):

Clio-6934.jpg

Clio-6937.jpg

Clio-6940.jpg

Clio-6944.jpg

Yes, those are LED headlights.
Clio-6938.jpg

And, LED taillights
Clio-6943.jpg

Interior also got a bit more colour than the old one
Clio-6949.jpg

Clio-6948.jpg

Finally, climate control.
Clio-6953.jpg

Engine, still the same as the old one, as it's plenty for day to day use
Clio-6957.jpg

Last edited:
No verification, could be anyones. Rules are rules man. :p

(also, so much tubing in engine, is the TARBO behind engine?

public;n3551621 said:
SO MUCH SPORDY RED TRIM in the interior!

This.
I approve! :thumbsup:

Very nice! Also, a good color choice in a world of whites, silvers and grays (although I'm guilty, too....). Just French enough to be both interesting and comfortable to drive. Yet another enticing new car that's not available on this side of the Pond.

public;n3551621 said:
But not too much to be distracting. The red certainly makes for a much less gloomy environment.
And cloth instead of leather! This would definitely be my choice of interior options!

DanRoM;n3551601 said:
It has a handbrake! I approve. :)
Yes, thank you! I hate the thought of handbrake levers disappearing. Must we lose everything to electronics??

SL

Last edited:
Will this make an appearance at Ringmeet?

i approve!

Those seats are adding atleast 20hp per piece, I'm sure! :lol:

Anyway, great little car. - What sort of engine is under all the plumming? :blink:

DanRoM;n3551601 said:
It has a handbrake! I approve. :)
SquareLeft;n3551643 said:
Yes, thank you! I hate the thought of handbrake levers disappearing. Must we lose everything to electronics?

Clio has always had a proper handbrake.

93Flareside;n3551648 said:
Will this make an appearance at Ringmeet?

It will

lip;n3551661 said:
Those seats are adding atleast 20hp per piece, I'm sure! :lol:

Anyway, great little car. - What sort of engine is under all the plumming? :blink:

90PS 900c three pot TARBO

Last edited:
Reactions: lip
public;n3551621 said:

Redliner;n3551641 said:
This.
I approve! :thumbsup:

As someone who also bought a car with colored trim, I also approve.

Adunaphel;n3551663 said:
90PS 900c three pot TARBO

Three pot TARBO club! :thumbsup:

Power to weight ratio looks about the same, we should race. :p

Almost 9 months and 19,000 km into ownership, and we're still loving this. Most notable difference is that the tyres on this one are less grippy than the ones on the previous Clio, and the engine seems to have a slightly different tune, giving it more low-down grunt, at the expense of smoothness when cold and it stalls slightly easier.
Biggest surprise are the LED headlights, which output a stonkingly huge amount of light for such a tiny car. We're still really happy with the stuff we put on this one, especially the keyless stuff makes life a lot easier, and the cheekwarmers come in handy with the current winter weather.

Reactions: lip