• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Friend's dad just picked up an RX-8

Jasruler

Its in silver, pretty sexy car, I might have to get one when I go off to college. 8)

If only it had a proper engine in it. :D

I'd loathe to be driving around sounding like I'm propelled by a hairdryer with wheels. :lol:

Re: Friend's dad just picked up an RX-8

Jasruler said:
Its in silver, pretty sexy car, I might have to get one when I go off to college. 8)

If only it had a proper engine in it. :D

I'd loathe to be driving around sounding like I'm propelled by a hairdryer with wheels. :lol:
Ohh any pics? :(

Meh...i'd like the RX-8 if it had a proper engine in it!

Be BANNED!!! Hahaha...

Buba

so Jasruler doesn't know that Ren exists or is just looking for trouble? :lol:

v0od0o said:
so Jasruler doesn't know that Ren exists or is just looking for trouble? :lol:

How am I looking for trouble?

Not you but SL65AMG~YEAH!YEAH!YEAH!WOOHOOOO! for saying it doesn't have a proper engine.

Z Draci said:
Not you but SL65AMG~YEAH!YEAH!YEAH!WOOHOOOO! for saying it doesn't have a proper engine.

Have you heard one?

It brings to mind a hair salon. :lol:

If we even mention how those rotaries sound at idle, we'd get banned! :lol:

(shhhhh . . . I think he's coming!)

Z Draci said:
If we even mention how those rotaries sound at idle, we'd get banned! :lol:

(shhhhh . . . I think he's coming!)

They sound like this:

"I am anemic. Please feed me iron."

astroboymoto said:
I think you deserve a ban... almost as sweet a sound as a two stroke :) barrp barrp barrp :thumbsup:

Are you deaf? :shock:

Not to be harsh or cheap towards Rennie boys' obvious and rather public love of the RX-8 but it does sound a bit weak at idle. You can kinda expect that seeing as its only a cute little 1.3 but what you dont expect is the amount of fuel it drinks cos its a rotary!

Road & Track had it in one of their 'Four Seasons' tests where they drove it round for a year and they averaged 19MPG! Also, you have to put oil in very frequntly and to do that you must REMOVE THE ENGINE COVER! They also had many other issues with the cars engine that required a rather hopeless Mazda service team to drive them insane for many reasons that you can read about here:
http://automobilemag.com/reviews/coupes/0507_mazda_rx8_4seasons/

Jasruler said:
astroboymoto said:
I think you deserve a ban... almost as sweet a sound as a two stroke :) barrp barrp barrp :thumbsup:

have you ever heard a tuned snow mobile or sth? it's pure addrenaline! especially since they make an insane amount of RPM, sometimes up to 25000!!

Rotaries are fantastic things, sound and performance wise. They just don't have such a good mid range, but as long as they're kept on the boil, zoom zoom.

bone said:
Jasruler said:
astroboymoto said:

have you ever heard a tuned snow mobile or sth? it's pure addrenaline! especially since they make an insane amount of RPM, sometimes up to 25000!!

They sound like a bunch of fire crackers going off in a tunnel. :p

Jasruler said:
They sound like a bunch of fire crackers going off in a tunnel. :p

I don't know if I'm allowed to say this but: BAN BAN BAN! :D

So Mr. Fugi Heavy Industries fanboi, when did Subaru win at Le Mans?

And no you can't use your rally successes as counterpoint. Mazda had the 323GTX for rally wins. :) Nothing this side of 19,000 Rpm (or the McLaren v12) sounds as good as a four rotar engine.

Trust me. :mrgreen: