Frontline: Rumsfeld's War

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
It was a rerun, so I didn't watch it again, but I don't remember what exactly was in it.

Yeah, figured it was a rerun. Still interesting. :)

Rumsfeld's War...gee what a disaster. A successful turnover of power to the Iraqi's, a successfull election and a democracy on the horizon.

:oops: Look what ol Rummys done.

What a disaster. :roll:

I don't consider having way less troupes (sp?) than needed and loosing the number of people that we did a success. It coulda been pulled off way better. He ignored all of the suggestions that we needed way more people.

~100,000 people to secure a country of 2.5 million? :bangin:

I think they should have sent more people from the start too, I subscribe to Powells theory.
However I think what the biggest problem was is that they couldn't come in from the North.
Quite frankly, I was expecting way more casualties than there are now (like 3000 - 5000 or so) just to take over Baghdad initially.

justin syder said:
Rumsfeld's War...gee what a disaster. A successful turnover of power to the Iraqi's, a successfull election and a democracy on the horizon.

:oops: Look what ol Rummys done.

What a disaster. :roll:

:thumbsup:

I don't consider having way less troupes (sp?) than needed and loosing the number of people that we did a success. It coulda been pulled off way better. He ignored all of the suggestions that we needed way more people.

First of all, VIPER, Iraq has over 25mil people. :roll:

25,374,691 (July 2004 est.)
--> http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/iz.html

Secondly, you can Monday armchair Quarterback this thing all you want but it is a success. Alternative, suggestion? Oh please, you say that but happily voted for a guy who wanted to pull out all troops, do you remember? A guy who had a diff plan everytime for every voter and every situation.

John Kerry :thumbsdown: :lol: :lol:

Hate Bush all you want but dont deny he is doing a good job.

justin syder said:

First of all, VIPER, Iraq has over 25mil people. :roll:

25,374,691 (July 2004 est.)
--> http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/iz.html
Er, meant 25. Just accidentally put in a decimal. :(

justin syder said:
Secondly, you can Monday armchair Quarterback this thing all you want but it is a success. Alternative, suggestion? Oh please, you say that but happily voted for a guy who wanted to pull out all troops, do you remember? A guy who had a diff plan everytime for every voter and every situation.

John Kerry :thumbsdown: :lol: :lol:

Hate Bush all you want but dont deny he is doing a good job.
I can deny that he is all that I want. :p

CanadianLoonie, let me know when you have have enough to buy a 911 Turbo from our "shit" economy.

I think you'll have to wait a long time. There have been increases since the start of the new year and even your "great chart" shows that. ;)

Why not post a 3 or 6 month look at the US Dollar rather than your great sensationalist 4 year chart which starts after a major event in US History that could only result in a recession.

But of course our economy is on such a slump :lol: and it will make you rich, right?

So yes, Bush is doing a great job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (Your bubble is about to burst :lol: )

I can deny that he is all that I want.

And look like a fool while doing it. Im sure it is hard for Bush haters to actually admit his plans are working and he will go down in history as a great president when it is said and done.

I think Bush' Foreign policy is Backward. I agree generally with his domestic policy, but his invading of Iraq was an uneeded cost that has disrupted our regular money making of America. Now since we're in there, we're gonna have to stay in there, which requires even more costs. I mean, elections in Iraq are nice, but without the USA making sure they go through doesn't make Iraq feel independent

I don't believe he is doing a great job. Doing something with such opposition isn't good for politics. Such as all the protests against him which amounted in the millions. Is it good that elite make all the decisions?

For Iraq, I guess there isn't any way of knowing of a better way to deal with it. I mean control of Iraq by Sadam couldn't be great. But control of Iraq with other middle east countries against it isn't good. They do control a marginal amount of our oil, which is what we need nowadays.

lol, politics suck. I do agree that Iraq is a step in the right direction, but without support of other countries is silly. Why do we have to build Iraq with a bunch of technology they aren't developed for, such as digital phones.

Bah, well i guess natural selection will really tell its toll on Iraq. If Iraq wants elections and indepence, it'l get it.
GL GL GL

justin syder said:
Secondly, you can Monday armchair Quarterback this thing all you want but it is a success. Alternative, suggestion?

Success?? By whose standards, the country is in chaos and all hope of having order is to rely on foreign troops to protect them... Has anybody thought that just maybe democracy isn't the all great, all solving divine solution for everyone?? There are a lot fo countries in the world without democracy and they survive their day to day life without it. Why force feed it to someone??

Alternatives?? DON'T GO THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! (Caps, great aren't they :D ) Iraq was posing no threat to you guys, or anyone else for that matter. Sure they had a horrible dictator, but so do alot of other countries and there is such a concept as a natioins sovereignity. Ever heard of it?

justin syder said:
There have been increases since the start of the new year and even your "great chart" shows that. ;)

Why not post a 3 or 6 month look at the US Dollar rather than your great sensationalist 4 year chart which starts after a major event in US History that could only result in a recession.

Okay, I will present the 6 month charts that came with the above 4 year charts in the market update issued on February 11th with data up to Thursday, February 10th.

2577_b.gif

2577_d.gif

SOURCE: http://www.safehaven.com/article-2577.htm

Now, a new market updated came out today, February 20th, with data up to Friday, February 18th on the updated 6 month charts.

2623_a.gif

2623_b.gif
[/url]

I'm showing gold because it has an inverse relationship to the US dollar.

And gold also has an inverse relationship with the economy. So if gold is going up, the economy in general is not looking so good. The last bull market in gold took place in the 70s with the world economy in stagflation. I firmly believe we are in the early stages of a new bull market for gold.

By whose standards, the country is in chaos and all hope of having order is to rely on foreign troops to protect them..

What are you talking about. Basra, (Iraq's second largest city) has seen no terror attacks in a long time. The South and North are really not targets for terrorists. There are now over 150,000 Iraqis in the security force and that number will grow. In fact, Iraqis are waiting in long lines and dying to join the security forces.

Has anybody thought that just maybe democracy isn't the all great, all solving divine solution for everyone?? There are a lot fo countries in the world without democracy and they survive their day to day life without it. Why force feed it to someone??

Of course you can say that you are living nice and comfortably in a democracy yourself. No vicious dictator that will put you in jail for having a Satellite dish. In your country, you have all the freedom in the world. In Iraq pre-invasion, Saddam had people living under his ultimate control. The minute you say anything wrong about Saddam, you get your head cut off.

And how can you say we force fed Democracy to them, their Shi'a uprising in 1992 was an illustration of the desire of democracy. Look at the success of the elections. How can you say that we force fed them democracy. THEY WANT IT!! (Caps, great aren't they :D ;) )

Iraq was posing no threat to you guys, or anyone else for that matter.

NO THREAT. Say that to the American and British pilots who for ten years patrolled the Northern and Southern No-Fly Zones. They were under fire almost on a daily basis. No pilot was killed, thankfully. But the threat to kill pilots enforcing something that HE agreed to do apparently isn't enough

Saddam also paid $25,000 to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers causing destabilization in the Mid-East. How many times do I need to mention that? Look at the Mid East now, Arafat is gone so is Saddam, Israel is almost at the point of removing settlements in Gaza and the West Bank and a Palestinian state is almost established. All of this because the dictators were removed.

Quote:
Iraq was posing no threat to you guys, or anyone else for that matter.

I think whoever said that meant the continental United States. I don't believe they were a signifficant threat, they had no weapons of mass destruction. Their economy was pretty much in shambles anyway, they couldn't generate an army that powerful.
Remember? during the Gulf War, Saddam made a big offensive, or counteroffensive into Kuwait and it totally got shut down. And whoever uses nukes against the US is gonna get royally screwed.

Has anybody thought that just maybe democracy isn't the all great, all solving divine solution for everyone?? There are a lot fo countries in the world without democracy and they survive their day to day life without it. Why force feed it to someone??

I agree it some ways. Some nations are not socially, economically, and politically ready to convert to a American style democracy. Ok, so a minority amount of people tried to revolt against him and failed. They desperatly want democracy for sure. But once the whole country gets organized and revolts, that is when they will be ready for democracy.

Helping them out sure, will be good. But under our circumstances when we're kinda stealing their oil and have to fight other people who hate the US to keep peace to even hold elections. Sketchy.