Fruit!

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR #XJR, #Saab #9-3 #9-5 #900
I've been on a strange fruit kick recently, eating pomelo, kumquat, and ugli. I think I've found the holy grail of strange-looking fruit though. Behold the tamarind:

Looking like a cross between a turd and an alien larva, it has the texture of dates and the taste of one too. Brb, taking macro shots.

I have a similar hobby, looking out for strange fruit in the supermarket, they usually come from Brazil and other equatorial countries...
I know tamarind, heard about it in a mexican show... they made juice out of it
One of my favorites is lychees, looks like a grape from hell.

33xjvyc.jpg

Pepino melons. When they are good, they are good...but often them are "meh." Tastes kinda like a cross between a cucumber and a bitter melon.

I used to work in a produce department for 5 years, and once a week I'd hear people unfamiliar with them call them "dinosaur eggs." :)

images

Dragonfruit: shockingly bland unless the flavors are concentrated in juice or desert. Had sort of a kiwi flavor, but I'm not generally a fan of kiwi fruit.
Dragon_Fruit_Pitahaya_.jpg

Cherimoya (aka custard apple)
My favorite fruit, by a mile. Think peach-flavored banana.
800px-Cherimoya_fruit_hg.jpg

Persimmons. Not that weird, but they aren't as common as, say, a banana or orange and I don't have them very often. To me, they remind me of the spiced canned peaches my grandma used to make with cinnamon and cloves.
800px-Fuyu_Persimmon_%28Diospyros_Kaki%29.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a really big fan of pummelos
47701-hi-pummelo-20.jpg

It's like grapefruit, but not bitter. I love the texture and the sweet taste. It's a bitch to peel though...

I love pomelos. I usually peel the outer skin out first and then start peeling each fruit individually.

I've been craving has been some tropical fruit lately, including guavas, star fruit, sugar canes, and lian wu.

Lian wu looks and tastes like an apple but it has a rather cotton-y texture.

k4ifs9.jpg

35mfr5w.jpg

I've been seeing star fruit here at the stores... which has been adding to the craving.

23svejl.jpg

I've been seeing star fruit here at the stores... which has been adding to the craving.

23svejl.jpg

YES! Especially if you get one thats sour!

Also, I've been craving this for ever

A thought just occurred :hmm:. What if you mix starfruit and pomegranate! I have a feeling it will be really good. I MUST TRY THIS!

I love pomelos. I usually peel the outer skin out first and then start peeling each fruit individually.

That is the proper way of peeling them.

I could never understand people eating grapefruits with spoons. Peel the damn thing. :)