FTB Mindcrack Server (Tekkit has been replaced)

Can't join the server, claims I don't have the right versions of mods. FTB did update when I launched though...

EDIT: This...

Last edited:
Can you add my sisters to the whitelist? Talaaya and Nanya.

Can't join the server, claims I don't have the right versions of mods. FTB did update when I launched though...

Make sure you're selecting the "Mindcrack" mod pack in the Feed The Beast launcher.

It seems that you can't swim in this, I just drowned while trying to retrieve a pork chop. It's impossible to jump or swim up, you just get dragged to the bottom.

Not impressed that I lost all my stuff doing something totally normal in Minecraft. Would appreciate it if you could look in to it, I don't think I'll be playing until it's fixed.

It seems that you can't swim in this, I just drowned while trying to retrieve a pork chop. It's impossible to jump or swim up, you just get dragged to the bottom.

Not impressed that I lost all my stuff doing something totally normal in Minecraft. Would appreciate it if you could look in to it, I don't think I'll be playing until it's fixed.

Did you try pressing the space bar? :p

I went swimming in a 3 block deep lake and had no problem going from the bottom to the surface.

Did you try pressing the space bar? :p

I went swimming in a 3 block deep lake and had no problem going from the bottom to the surface.

Indeed I did, I just get a hop like there's a block above. Surely it can't just be this one little lake in the ice.

I didn't re-log and try again, will come back on later and try again. It's not like I have anything to lose and at least my bed is nearby. I'm currently in an ice biome building a little house, quite a nice area.

The FTB Launcher seems a bit unstable, but once it actually managed to launch the game successfully everything worked fine for me.

I'm still at the "hide from everything and starve while trying to build a hideout and find some food" stage.

Indeed I did, I just get a hop like there's a block above. Surely it can't just be this one little lake in the ice.

I didn't re-log and try again, will come back on later and try again. It's not like I have anything to lose and at least my bed is nearby. I'm currently in an ice biome building a little house, quite a nice area.

Maybe you accidentally swam under some ice?

The FTB Launcher seems a bit unstable, but once it actually managed to launch the game successfully everything worked fine for me.

I'm still at the "hide from everything and starve while trying to build a hideout and find some food" stage.

Fear me and my mighty stone pickaxe! I am a god among men! I even have a house made of wood (not dirt!) with real glass windows!

I've got a confession to make. I've found the problem and it was at my end, apparently the fancy macro set button on my Razer keyboard combined with my wayward fingers meant I had somehow set the spacebar to a macro. I don't know what it was doing but it didn't work normally. All fixed now though, sorry for suggesting it was the game.

I even got some of my stuff back that was still at the bottom of the water.

Feed The Beast has the best god damn mod I've ever seen:

I am going to build the shit out of those trains and we gentlemen (and ladies?) are going to have the most epic railway in all the land once I'm done!

Last edited:
Feed The Beast has the best god damn mod I've ever seen:

I am going to build the shit out of those trains and we gentlemen (and ladies?) are going to have the most epic railway in all the land once I'm done!

Ooh TRAINS! Count me in!

Trains should be interesting, I collected a load of rail track from an underground mine yesterday. The ground is certainly rich in ore, most of it seems completely useless though from looking at the wiki.

What are you guys using for EU generation? Unless I'm mistaken, Mindcrack uses the GregTech recipe for Solar Panels which is stupid expensive compared to the normal IC2 recipe. :?

http://ftbwiki.org/Solar_Panel_(IndustrialCraft_2)

Instead of coal dust you need a Carbon Plate (not that terrible) but also two Silicon Plates (which seems like a pain).

Last edited:
What are you guys using for EU generation? Unless I'm mistaken, Mindcrack uses the GregTech recipe for Solar Panels which is stupid expensive compared to the normal IC2 recipe. :?

http://ftbwiki.org/Solar_Panel_(IndustrialCraft_2)

Instead of coal dust you need a Carbon Plate (not that terrible) but also two Silicon Plates (which seems like a pain).

Exactly how it should be! Tekkit was far too easy :)