FTB Mindcrack Server (Tekkit has been replaced)

What are you guys using for EU generation? Unless I'm mistaken, Mindcrack uses the GregTech recipe for Solar Panels which is stupid expensive compared to the normal IC2 recipe. :?

http://ftbwiki.org/Solar_Panel_(IndustrialCraft_2)

Instead of coal dust you need a Carbon Plate (not that terrible) but also two Silicon Plates (which seems like a pain).

At the moment, i'm using a Geothermal Generator. Not the quickest thing on Earth but it gets job done. Don't really have the resources for making solar yet.

Exactly how it should be! Tekkit was far too easy :)

I disagree. Solar panels were relatively cheap but in exchange, they didn't make much power. You needed a dozen of them to run a quarry for example.

Now they require many, many complicated, expensive machines. There seems to be no good alternative to coal powered generators unless you're lucky enough to be near a volcano (I'm not). Means I'm going to be stuck using coal for quite a while. :?

Oh for fuck's sake. :| I built a nether portal in my base, roughly 700m from town. Figuring I was going to get my own nether portal in the nether because I was far enough away, I hopped in for a moment to see what the location was like. Oh, torches already there. Annoying, but fine. I head back home and come out a nether portal in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, 700m from town and 1000m from my base! WHAT THE FUCK?! I am now stranded in the middle of nowhere with no way to get home. :(

Later today after I wake up I guess I'm going to have to do the math to figure out where to build a portal in the nether (I have the materials thankfully) in order to be teleported closer to my base. :?

Oh for fuck's sake. :| I built a nether portal in my base, roughly 700m from town. Figuring I was going to get my own nether portal in the nether because I was far enough away, I hopped in for a moment to see what the location was like. Oh, torches already there. Annoying, but fine. I head back home and come out a nether portal in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, 700m from town and 1000m from my base! WHAT THE FUCK?! I am now stranded in the middle of nowhere with no way to get home. :(
Yeah, the 8 to 1 expansion and search radius for nether portals means it's almost impossible to get your own portal without building it in the nether. I not sure what the cutoff is, but I think maybe it's 1600 blocks

Later today after I wake up I guess I'm going to have to do the math to figure out where to build a portal in the nether (I have the materials thankfully) in order to be teleported closer to my base. :?
Yes, if you calculate where your portal would show up in the nether (just divide by 8) and build one within a few blocks of there, you will pop out of your portal like you want. That's how I built all of the portals in the nether hub on the vanilla world.

Fucking portals, how do you work? Galantti disabled one and another was instantly created, both more than 700m from our village.

2013-03-10_18.11.45.jpg

On the way back I found a village with a small lava problem, so I had to save the crops and take them with me...

2013-03-10_18.14.26.jpg

Built a portal at the correct point in the nether to be able to get back home. Phew!

Username: Raparperj

Sorry mate, you were sorted today not long after you posted - my reply must have been one lost by some nasty Firefox crashes :(

Sorry mate, you were sorted today not long after you posted - my reply must have been one lost by some nasty Firefox crashes :(

You sorted him from your tablet while we were online yesterday. :)

Okay, so this is the initial plan and approximate path of the first part of the rail system.

I would like to set up a quarry area 1000+ blocks north of the northern end of this line well past Viper's house but that is still-to-come.

4piqxhn3.njh.png

I wouldn't mind some help with resources; Smoothstone, Picaxes and Torches are what will be required so if you can spare some I wouldn't mind! :D

Well, since the update I can't connect, which is a shame. I was just starting to get into the game again.

Okay, so this is the initial plan and approximate path of the first part of the rail system.

FYI my current house is temporary. I like to use a temporary hole in the ground for quite a while until I'm swimming in materials and have an idea of what sort of room I'll need for all my machines and then I like to move to a pristine area and build my real (huge) house there instead.

I may end up having a big tree house or moving out into the tundra. I don't know yet. It probably won't be near my current house though.

FYI my current house is temporary. I like to use a temporary hole in the ground for quite a while until I'm swimming in materials and have an idea of what sort of room I'll need for all my machines and then I like to move to a pristine area and build my real (huge) house there instead.

I may end up having a big tree house or moving out into the tundra. I don't know yet. It probably won't be near my current house though.

Then we will bring the rail network to the central station only.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, since the update I can't connect, which is a shame. I was just starting to get into the game again.

Once I can I will have a look server side and see what is happening :(

2013-03-13 07:01:55 [INFO] [Minecraft] PacketCollision[/xx.xx.xx.xx:49702] logged in with entity id xxx at (-xx.12910882690755, xx.0, xx.2548574957872)
2013-03-13 07:01:56 [INFO] [STDOUT] Loading Player: PacketCollision
2013-03-13 07:01:56 [INFO] [STDOUT] Sending serverside check to: PacketCollision
2013-03-13 07:01:57 [INFO] [PortalGun] [1.4.7v5] Recieved client info from PacketCollision
2013-03-13 07:03:56 [INFO] [Minecraft] PacketCollision lost connection: disconnect.quitting
2013-03-13 07:03:56 [INFO] [STDOUT] Unloading Player: PacketCollision

Seems like it is client side...

Seems like it is client side...

Oh yes, it's definitely clientside, I should have been more clear. I was getting constant crashes as soon as I connected, but it appears to have been fixed by adding "-XX:MaxPermSize=128M" to the extra arguments section of the advanced config. Thanks for checking it out.