FTB Mindcrack Server (Tekkit has been replaced)

loose_unit

DONOR
Car(s)
Model Y, NA MX-5, Volvo 940, Zastava
Tekkit has been replaced by Feed The Beast: Mindcrack. Launcer can be found here: http://www.feed-the-beast.com/#download_wrapper

Address for the server: mc2.coastingfish.com

Let me know if you have any issues or need whitelisting.

The most up-to-date information can be found here: http://www.coastingfish.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53 (Assume if this website is broken the server is down!)

Maps for my servers can be found here: http://minecraft.coastingfish.com/

Backups:
As was the case with the Tekkit server, There are two backup schedules:
Hourly Every hour on the hour if changes have been made in the previous hour. 28 of these backups are kept.
Daily Every day at 0210 +1 GMT assuming changes have been made in the last day. 28 of these backups are kept.

=========

Some cool stuff:
Optifine http://forums.finalgear.com/minecraft/how-to-install-optifine-super-easy-55519/

Last edited:
Stickied this so that people know that this server is the non-vanilla server we endorse. Please use it for server status/information.

Last edited:
Come play with me! :)

Stickied this so that people know that this server is the Tekkit server we endorse. Please use it for server status/information.

I am honored :) I have updated the first post to the post on my forums - I will keep that up-to-date with all of the CF minecraft stuff. I will try and keep this thread updated too though!

Come play with me! :)

No! :p

It looks like the Tekkit server is not being used too much these days, I am considering replacing it with a Feed The Beast MindCrack server, what is everyones thoughts?

It looks like the Tekkit server is not being used too much these days, I am considering replacing it with a Feed The Beast MindCrack server, what is everyones thoughts?

I'm up for some Feed The Beast. :)

I'd rather not lose work on yet another server, I spent a good few hours at least this weekend working on my base. This is the reason I'm reluctant to put much time into these servers. :(

I'd rather not lose work on yet another server, I spent a good few hours at least this weekend working on my base. This is the reason I'm reluctant to put much time into these servers. :(

That's why I am opening a discussion here :) Unfortunately I lack the resources to run a mindcrack and a tekkit server. Your work wouldn't be lost, and I am happy to provide the server files to someone if they want to host it?

I'll give someone server access if someone will take on the maintenance of it.

All my work! :cry:

That said it certainly is kinda dead which majorly sucks. I'd be willing to start over if it meant actually being able to play with other people for once.

(As long as I got a copy of the world so I could keep playing locally at the very least. My skyscraper is epic.)

Last edited:
I don't really have time to play MineCraft anymore, but when I do I'm completely torn between using one of the major mods and using Vanilla. On the one hand, building massive machines is really tempting, but in reality once you get to a certain point your gear and machines are so powerful that the game seems kinda flat.

I don't know how to have the cool machines without messing up the balance of the game (although to some extent that's true even of Vanilla, especially with the quick levelers we've made (skeleton and Ender farms)).

The main reason I stopped our official FG tekkit server was because it took too much effort to keep running though.

Last edited:
On the one hand, building massive machines is really tempting, but in reality once you get to a certain point your gear and machines are so powerful that the game seems kinda flat.

This is true but it takes a while to get to that point and you can always do a fresh soft start every once in a while for fun (go to a new area of the map). I'm starting to get to that point on the Tekkit server so a restart in FTB wouldn't be too bad as long as I could visit Tekkit from time to time. I just want to not play by myself anymore. :(

I've tried but I just can't play vanilla. Mining early on is fun but when I'm a few months in, I'd rather have a quarry do it for me and be able to focus on building and stuff.

Last edited:
I've been looking into FTB some more and it looks pretty fun. I also wouldn't mind playing some different mods for a change of pace.

So yeah, changing my vote to "sure but I'll miss my factory but that just means I'll have to build a new one!" but only on the condition other people actually play on this server. No sense switching if it'll go from empty server to empty server.

After some discussions with Viper, and, given that he was basically the only person playing on it, I decided to shut down the Tekkit server and replace it with Mindcrack. Don't panic, the Tekkit data is still there - the server is just not running!

I am happy to provide the server files to those who want them if you have things that you were working on however.

I have not copied the whitelist accross so you will have to apply again in here.

Time to start fresh! Should be fun. :)

PS: Come play with us, fuckers!

Sweet, will jump on when I get home from work.

MC-name: tobbzzen.

I'm interested to hear why you decided to go with FTB MindCrack, rather than Tekkit classic or switching to Tekkit Lite. I don't have any objections to switching to it, I am just curious about what the compelling reasons were.

PS, please add me (PacketCollision).

I'm interested to hear why you decided to go with FTB MindCrack, rather than Tekkit classic or switching to Tekkit Lite. I don't have any objections to switching to it, I am just curious about what the compelling reasons were.

Something new :)

I've avoided FTB stuff but I'm up for giving it a go, add me on please. :)

Username: UKMatt2000