Fuel prices in your country

Don't forget that FuelWatch is coming soon to save us all....

Just like GroceryWatch and the million other wastes of tax payer money.

GroceryWatch, HA! What a wank.

FuelWatch has (apparently) been very successful in WA, so I'm not being overly skeptical about it. I just hope it doesn't get rid of Tuesday being the cheapest day...

$3.38/gal at my local Chevron. Tanked up immediately - we have a hurricane heading this way...

prices down a bit woohoo!

1.40ish for regular
1.48ish for 98 octane
1.18ish for diesel

Hong Kong is 17dollars HKD for a liter of premium, (97 octane? not sure)
thats um.. 2.17USD for a liter? so thats almost 9 bucks per US gallon.

And to make things worse, Diesel are about 1/2 of the price, but Diesel cars are banned here.

Cuase bus and trucks uses them.
And they still complains all the time.
(Taxi uses LPG.)

It partly has to do with the falling Aussie dollar. The drop from USD0.95 to USD0.80 in the last 2 months has virtually negated any drop in the oil/barrel price. Damn you Aussie dollar.

Trust the Aussie to drop when the oil price drops...I dunno. Would it be better if oil was traded in Euros? The US dollar is pretty volatile...

in my neck o the woods

petrol (95 RON) - 110.9p / liter
super (97 RON) - 116.9p / liter
Diesel -------------- 121.9p / liter

this is at a local morrisons super market, tesco followed suit and matched them

thats UK pence btw

Last edited:
It partly has to do with the falling Aussie dollar. The drop from USD0.95 to USD0.80 in the last 2 months has virtually negated any drop in the oil/barrel price. Damn you Aussie dollar.

Great, just great. A great time to get a V8...

It's a great Vee Eight, mate (!!!)

Hmm, I wonder if this mean it will become less expensive to get one of those Holden ute thingies and have it brought here...?

Trust the Aussie to drop when the oil price drops...I dunno. Would it be better if oil was traded in Euros? The US dollar is pretty volatile...

It probably wouldn't make a difference actually. FYI, the USD rose to it's highest value against the ? in 12 months yesterday.

Great, just great. A great time to get a V8...

Yeah, not too crash hot there:p

At USD102.78/barrel it's currently AUD127.70/barrel. If our dollar was still at ~95cents, it'd be AUD108.18/barrel... That's why prices have not moved.

Premium 91octane 3.99/gallon in Southern California, plus my methanol injection avg out to another .48cents a gallon for 116 octane total:)

About $4.30 a gallon wholesale in California.

118 octane at the track is 10 bucks a gallon. Owch.

What the hell, the prices jumped here overnight from around $1.32/litre to $1.52. Yes, that's nearly $5.75/gallon for you Americans... and that is for basic 87 octane.

I hate these rotten oil companies so, so much and can only hope whoever runs them dies a slow, painful death. And I'm so glad I walk anywhere I can these days. These assholes will stick it to us as long as we let them, and sadly I talk to so many people who say they will likely never change their habits unless gas hits $5/litre.

It's all speculation you know. Prices will go down to normal in a week or two.
I heard people say that prices in VA ranged from 4.99 to 5.49 per gallon today.
Here in WV, I saw something amazing last night! Driving to liquor store, I passed a couple of gas stations and there were enormous lines of cars lined up for gas. Price was 3.89.
30 minutes later, on the way back, same gas station - 4.19! And they also had stickers on the pumps that said: "10 gallon per car limit".
This is communism!

It's all speculation you know. Prices will go down to normal in a week or two.
I heard people say that prices in VA ranged from 4.99 to 5.49 per gallon today.
Here in WV, I saw something amazing last night! Driving to liquor store, I passed a couple of gas stations and there were enormous lines of cars lined up for gas. Price was 3.89.
30 minutes later, on the way back, same gas station - 4.19! And they also had stickers on the pumps that said: "10 gallon per car limit".
This is communism!

No, they won't. Some of the Houston area refineries were damaged by Ike; power is out to much of the area. The oil terminals are all offline and in need of repair before they can go back online.

They will go back down, but it may be longer than a week or two.

Also, remember, gas stations don't charge based on what it cost them to buy the fuel in the tank, they charge based on what it's going to cost them to refill their tank the *next* opportunity.

On the other hand, Bush has just suspended the idiotic EPA-mandated boutique fuels requirements as well as the gasoline import ban. That should hopefully bring the economy of scale back in for the remaining refineries and perhaps keep the prices below "ohmigod".

Spectre you are right, but I am pretty sure that a country like the US has some sort of reserve of gasoline, that is kept for situations like this.