Fuel prices in your country

If I had to pay the prices some of you Europeans do I wouldn't even own a car.

Remember about the difference in earnings. Average Pole earns only about 850? ($1240) per month, where fuel costs 1,20?/l. That's why there is only 400 cars for 1000 people.

Jyv?skyl?, Finland. 1.379?/litre 95 octane, diesel is a bit cheaper 1.2xx?/litre (in finland we have diesel taxes / year)

Last edited:
Just payed $3.22/gallon .85?/litre (I think?) for Ultimate (only 92 sadly) at BP, and this town is just over 2,000 people; Cedar Rapids BP had it for 5? cheaper..on the busiest street. :(

Having to conform to EU law about taxing, but still keeping it to a bare minimum unlike all the neighbours, that have >30% higher prices?

Oh, ha ha ha. That's like the lowest price anyone has posted here. You should be driving something that uses more gas!

When I filled up a few days ago, I think it was around $2.85 for a regular and now premium (which mine takes) is 30 cents more when it used to be 20. Makes me glad my Buick isn't a gas guzller.

$3.25 for 93 octane, and Illinois has the highest taxes in the Union in the lower 48 states. Only Hawaii has higher taxes.

R8 per litre in SA, price is bloody riduculous.

if you work it out in dollars, its $1.01 per metric litre, which is....... $3.82 per US Gallon.

right now im paying $3.x0 per gallon here in LA. price is acceptable, but you gotta do the job yourself. which is kind of annoying.

Well my Buick really isn't. I get 20-22mpg in the city when it's rated at 18. For an old heavy full size luxury sedan, I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Fuel here is 0.45 riyals per liter for 91 RON and 0.60 riyals per liter for 95 RON. That works out to:

45.4/60.6 US Cents per gallon
8.1/10.8 Eurocents per liter
13.4/17.8 Australian Cents per liter
6.0/8.1 British Pence per liter

But, you know how these things go. Local produce is always cheaper than the imported stuff. :p

And, of course, the usual differences between RON/MON/PON apply. 91 RON is about 87 PON in the 'States, and 95 is roughly equivalent to 90 PON.

I just payed $2.91/gal yesterday.

At 14.5 gal/tank, 30 miles/gal, and 15 mile round trip to work, I fill up just about once a month.

Man it sucks to pay nearly $7/gal. How many miles/km do y'all put on your cars every year? In the Atlanta area here the average is about 17,000 miles/year.

Currently $2.93US per Gallon for 87 octane.

I miss 82 cents a gallon :cry: (1990?)

I moved to BC in 1998 and the prices were around 40 cents/litre... that sucks.

Local prices here in Asbury, Missouri, USA:

87 octane (ron+mon/2) = $2.799 per gallon/0.37 British pounds per liter/0.49 Euros per liter
#2 Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel = $3.199 per gallon/0.42 British pounds per liter/0.56 Euros per liter

I just payed $2.91/gal yesterday.

At 14.5 gal/tank, 30 miles/gal, and 15 mile round trip to work, I fill up just about once a month.

Man it sucks to pay nearly $7/gal. How many miles/km do y'all put on your cars every year? In the Atlanta area here the average is about 17,000 miles/year.
Last year i did 30k km (18500 miles), but i do get 35-50 mpg (depends on how foot-heavy i am).

In Singapore, it's around USD$1.343/Liter for the cheapest 95.(correct me if I'm wrong =/)

We fill up once a week, so it's around USD$400/month for fuel!

How many miles/km do y'all put on your cars every year? In the Atlanta area here the average is about 17,000 miles/year.

I drive between 15k and 30k km per year, depending on where my clients are located (I work as an IT consultant, with 2-9 months per client and some projects that only take 1 or 2 days), which can be anything from 2 to 75km from my home, and how many trips i need to make to the main office (130km). My current car does around 9.5 km/l (10.5 l/100 km; 22.3 mpg (US); 26.8 mpg (UK)) on Shell fuel, 8.5 km/l on cheap noname fuel.

i dont get why diesel is more expensive than petrol here in the UK and a few other places. in germany it seems diesel is cheaper than petrol (petrol being ?1/l and diesel coming under that though not by much)

you get more MPG, less CO2.... a few more particulates and your car sounds like a tractor in the morning, but other than that diesel is pretty much the choice for daily driving. i would of thought it'd be cheaper.... you know give people incentive to be a bit more green instead of taxing them to hell and back for not.