Fuel prices in your country

Rule of thumb is that European octane rating is about 5+ of American for the same kind of juice.

Rule of thumb is that European octane rating is about 5+ of American for the same kind of juice.

Yup, 91 oct in US is the same as 95 in Europe. In North America they use other type of octane rating than in Europe.

Last edited:
$1.44, woo!

Can't say fuel has dropped by much here, still 1.41 Euros a liter for 91 and 95 octane and 1.47 for 98 octane. To put that in perspective: when oil was overly expensive (146 US$ a barrel), we paid just above 1.50 Euros. Now the dollar has risen again, and the price for oil dropped significantly, but fuel remains expensive.

Just read a short article in the newspaper today that the German car club ADAC complained that fuel prices are being kept high artificially to make money. As a response, the oil company speakers, who argued earlier this year that fuel became expensive because of climbing oil prices, said that the majority of the fuel price is due to taxes, and that there's no direct connection between the price for oil and for fuel? What the fuck???!!! :mad:

There was a connection when the fuel prices rose, and now as they're not dropping again, there isn't? I can live with the fact that they are milking us, but then they should at least fucking admit it and not muck us about! :idiot:

New Brunswick Canada now is $119.99/ L for a regular gas. The price will be locked up until the election(two more weeks) is over ,so anyone who wants save some money on gas then this is the time. Store them up whatever you can.

I paid 4.19 and had to get up a 6:30 so I wouldn't have to wait in line to get it, damn freaking hurricane Ivan.

Gas has dropped to $3.69/gal for 91 here in some places of Southern california. avg is about 3.80/gal

I saw petrol for $1.39/L in Brisbane last week. Those bastards...

Well, i duno if its been mentioned already (went through most of the pages); but over here in dubai :)D):

its about Dhs 8.60 / gallon
which works out to be $ 2.34 / gallon

= $ 0.62 / L

Gassed up at $1.22 for 86 octane last night.

Mind you, with various discounts they tack on came to about $1.175... sadly I need 91 which was $1.31. Pathetic that I was happy only spending $68 for a tank.

Gassed up at $1.22 for 86 octane last night.

Mind you, with various discounts they tack on came to about $1.175... sadly I need 91 which was $1.31. Pathetic that I was happy only spending $68 for a tank.

Small tank? :p

Small tank? :p

Not really. I had about another 70kms worth of fuel. Just figured I'd fill up while it's so cheap, if it should climb back up to $1.50/litre.

$3.59/gallon I saw here in overtaxed Illinois.

To put in perspective how overtaxed we are, there are many major pipelines running through the state, and one refinery 30 miles from me in Joliet.

OMFG, they were giving away fuel today!

freegas.jpg

Thats 1.095 GBP / litre, 4.976 GBP / imp gallon, 7.045 U$D / american gallon

Usually I'd pay 1,48? at that gas station, and that's not even the cheapest one I know.

EDIT: Super is the one I'm talking about here....

Last edited: