Fuel prices in your country

Gone from 1.49/L CAD here to 95.9 in 3 months :D

I just realized that we have gone from 4.00/gal (usd) to 2.08/gal (usd) in just over 5 months...

Yeah, but I expect to see $5/gal by next summer.

Either way, I have my motorcycle, so it's really not going to affect me all that much. :D

It would be hilarious if with Holden's 99c fuel offer it cost more to use it than just buying petrol :p

This past spring and summer, Chrysler was selling cars with a "$2.99 gas guarantee". Well, that just fell apart. :lol:

In July, I was paying $4.50 a gallon. If I filled up today, I would pay around $2.25. That is a 100% reduction in price!! :blink:

Gas is around $2.19 a gallon now, which for my over taxed area of North East Illinois, is a miracle in pricing.

Well I paid 1.17? the other day per litre... beats 1.60? in the summer in any case.

But I fully expect it to return to 1.50ish levels in a few months.

1.79 yesterday night.
Dayum.

My mom finially got premium for <2.00 a couple of days ago, she was really happy it only cost $40 to fill her car.

she was really happy it only cost $40 to fill her car.

it usually costs me 65-70? to fill our (petrol) car. And that's a Euro car that has a tiny little 50l/13 gallon fuel tank :cry:

We still have the highest gas prices in the country, $2.70 or so for regular. On a side note, we just got E85 and it's under $2 a gallon. I guess it works out, E85 cars usually get 20% less mileage, but the fuel is close to 25% cheaper (and not from the middle east)

Um... E85 is still 15% gasoline. Which comes from god knows where and isn't usually the US.

Um... E85 is still 15% gasoline. Which comes from god knows where and isn't usually the US.

yes, I know. But 85% of it is not gasoline, which is why it's called E (for ethanol) 85 (the percentage of ethanol)

Last edited:
We still have the highest gas prices in the country, $2.70 or so for regular. On a side note, we just got E85 and it's under $2 a gallon. I guess it works out, E85 cars usually get 20% less mileage, but the fuel is close to 25% cheaper (and not from the middle east)

2.65 in NYC for premium.
1.99 for E85 out in long island (I wish there were more e85 stations)

As of 100 minutes ago:

Super Plus 98: 0,899 ?/L = 0.759 ?/L = 4.297 $/gallon
Eurosuper 95: 0,877 ?/L = 0.741 ?/L = 4.192 $/gallon
Diseasel: 0,976 ?/L = 0.824 ?/L = 4.665 $/gallon
LPG: 0,609 ?/L = 0.514 ?/L= 2.911 $/gallon

$1.68/gallon for regular or .35 euro/liter here in Maryland.

Got to love the LPG graph.. Climbing, climbing, climbing, NOSE DIVE!

yes, I know. But 85% of it is not gasoline, which is why it's called E (for ethanol) 85 (the percentage of ethanol)

The problem, aside from the fundamental dependence of E85 on gasoline, is the fact that the only reason E85 is generally cheaper than gasoline is because there's *enormous* government subsidies on it. If there were no subsidies, it would cost about twice as much as gasoline per gallon.

The problem, aside from the fundamental dependence of E85 on gasoline, is the fact that the only reason E85 is generally cheaper than gasoline is because there's *enormous* government subsidies on it. If there were no subsidies, it would cost about twice as much as gasoline per gallon.

Thanks for the unsolicited and obvious comments, keep up the redundant work!