Ownership Verified: Fuel? Where we’re going, we won’t need fuel! ==>NooDle’s eGolf

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo
8km is fairly normal imo, and plenty to keep a car battery topped up.

Every car is full of electric features including all of those you mentioned, which also is the reason why alternators these days are around 140A instead of 50A like in the 1990's.

I would at the very least go to a place that sells car batteries and ask if they can put their tester on it.

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
VW eGolf, Hyundai Kona 1.0
8km is fairly normal imo, and plenty to keep a car battery topped up.

Every car is full of electric features including all of those you mentioned, which also is the reason why alternators these days are around 140A instead of 50A like in the 1990's.

I would at the very least go to a place that sells car batteries and ask if they can put their tester on it.

Its only a 40ah battery maybe thats the problem? Dealership told me battery was weak at the last service, they told me to use a trickle charger to fix the problem. Haven’t needed to do so until now. Car started just fine today though

NooDle

Car(s)
Finally stopped freezing. Still a bit of ice on the bonnet. The whole ‘spot the EV’ game is remarkably simple in such cold weather, it’s always the ones who aren’t yet defrosted despite extended periods of driving.

Nothing new to report, charge cable froze to the port because it snowed overnight. A bit of water helped. Range still shit, but thats to be expected. For some weird reason it will be 15 degrees in a few days, which is strange since I woke up in -8 degrees.... we’ll see what happens to the range

NooDle

Car(s)
Guess o meter went a bit nuts, now it's saying 208 kms on a full charge. It is however, 15 degrees indeed.
Got a longish drive planned for tomorrow, nearly all highway, so we'll see where we end up. I'm guessing 160 kms ish is more realistic, but I've been proven wrong before (in the good sense).

Gave both cars a proper wash and clean inside and out. Reminded me what a bastard the Kona is to wash properly, you can't get to the middle part of the roof without getting wet, and it has all sorts of creases in the bonnet and headlights that are always full of dirt.

Golf is a much more rounded car in every way, so no annoying bits that collect the dirt. Except the rear bumper, that one always has some standing water on it... why don't they have it flow to one side and make a tiny hole somewhere so that the water can get out?