Ownership Verified: Fuel? Where we’re going, we won’t need fuel! ==>NooDle’s eGolf

May be, but at the time (2018) my choice was limited to either a VW Golf or a Nissan Leaf. I knowfor a fact the Nissan app is legendarily shit….

The car that never goed wrong….went wrong. Well the tyre did. Again. Front left. Again. Hissing noise is never a good sign.

At the tyre fitters now, hoping for a quick and easy fix.

Weird, I’ve been driving cars for 22 years now and have in that period gotten 1 (one) puncture, on this car. This is the second. Who is putting nails all over the road near my house? It always happens when I’m parking…

b953289bd9c93048bdc1a1a1477ef731.jpg

Tyre will be replaced afterall. Appointment booked.

Did a thing yesterday, had a 200 km trip planned which (on paper) should just be doable on one charge. I did not account for elevation (280 meters gained) and temperature (just 12 degrees in august, wtf), which is annoying. This meant 100 actual kms left me with 70 to go instead of 100 (160 even on the GOM initially). Which necessitated a 15 min charge stop, which is annoying.

But, as the way home was downhill, I ended up home with a ton of miles left, which meant I maybe didn’t need to stop after all. This annoyed me, which made me speed, which used up the extra range I had.

So I charged for 15 minutes and sped up which won me 15 minutes. All in vain since maybe I never needed to charge (maybe).

Any ev drivers with similar weird experiences?

I would recommend using A Better Route Planner, it takes elevation into account. Right now it predicts 47% usage for the conveniently 120 mile (~193km) trip I did around the Yorkshire Dales, I actually used 54% (verified by the video) but taking into account my heavy right foot and constant starting/stopping to pass cars on narrow roads it's not too far off. It says 3 hours too but took me 4. You can also set the temperature and road conditions or allow it to do these automatically with a premium subscription.

Of course, unless you dig into it, split up the route or learn the elevations there's still potential for range anxiety when the charge gets low before descending, it just depends how much you trust the car and/or your right foot. ?

Last edited:
Funny thing is, I actually did calculate it via ABRP, and it gave me something daft like ‘after 100 kms you will have 19% left’ which is BS (I ended up with 39%)… which is why I said ‘screw it, I’ll just wing it and see what happens’

maybe I’ll have to dive into the settings since it always gives you too much margin (like start with 90% instead of 100 % or ‘never go below 10%)

66db9c00bfc104bab64d4264c81fbe60.jpg

Hmm… fastcharging three times in a row when it’s 30 degrees outside does slow the speed down a bit. Got 40 kw first time (which is the max - sadly - my car can take), second stop gave me 36 kw but now I’m down to 22 and dropping. Which means quite a long charge(75 minutes from 25% to full). I do have people to talk to since in the time it took to write this, a Kia eSoul, VW ID4 and an etron have started charging next to me. They’ll all be full a long time before I am though …. Audi is getting 141 kw right now. Me jelly.

All good things must come to an end, even boring EV hatchbacks. New job means I’ll be turning this car in and swapping it for something larger/faster/newer. Dunno what it’ll be yet, but there’s a 66% chance it’ll be Korean…..

Speculate, FGers. (Also help me decide because I can’t)

All good things must come to an end, even boring EV hatchbacks. New job means I’ll be turning this car in and swapping it for something larger/faster/newer. Dunno what it’ll be yet, but there’s a 66% chance it’ll be Korean…..

Speculate, FGers. (Also help me decide because I can’t)

Belgium? Wouldn't it be something Volvo? :D

Thanks for playing but no. Not in a million years.
Considering 3 options at the moment, one of which is German, 2 of which are Korean. All are electric. Does that narrow it down?

Thanks for playing but no. Not in a million years.
Considering 3 options at the moment, one of which is German, 2 of which are Korean. All are electric. Does that narrow it down?

ID.3/4, and I can't remember the Korean model names but I can visualize them in my head.

I would've said EV6 but I don't even think you can get those yet. Really looking forward to hearing how you get on with it.

I would've said EV6 but I don't even think you can get those yet. Really looking forward to hearing how you get on with it.

It’s coming here in 2 weeks and yes, it’s my other Korean choice. You guys are good. Cookie for you good sir

Audi Q4 e-tron?
Close. It's a sister car of this. Contrary to most people I think the Q4 is hideously ugly.
On the other hand I reaaalllly like the styling of quirky cars such as the Ioniq5 so maybe it's me.

Well then it surely must be the Skoda Enyaq. Does that count as German being VAG? Maybe not. I'll just get fat if I have two cookies.