FULL TG series on Ebay

Darn, they are all sold out. :cry:

Well let us know what they are like and I may see if I can get my hands on a copy myself...or get one made and sent to me by a kind forum member. :p

Although it would seem that he sells all kind of crazy tech crap (PSP's, games, iPod stuff etc) so I'm sure he has a DVD burner cranking these out as fast as people can buy them. :lol:

Actually, he has another one for sale here...

30 quid seems like a lot of money for this though... DVD-Rs ain't that pricey, neither are the boxes or printing of labels etc...

Well... received an e-mail from E-bay yesterday that teh item has been pulled from sale and that I should not purchase since it is a copuright infringement.

Followed immediately by an email from the seller apologising for slow delivery but ensuring that the set will be delivered to all who had already bought it but a little late.

Hahaha, had a feeling that would happen. eBay is usually pretty speedy to shut down things like that. I have a friend who was trying to sell his chipped PS2 and they took it down because they don't sell modchipped things....even though they have been deemed legal in the Australian High Court.

Right then.. After much quarreling with Paypal and the seller, I got the DVD's today :D

BUT, they are not DVD quality as he promised, every single episode I had a look at was taken from the internet (there's even a JW rip in there :censored: ). Now this isn't such a catastrophy as they are as good as I already had and now I have 5 episodes on 1 disk instead of 2 + these have a nifty indexing/chapter system, which I have been wanting on my other "unofficial" DVD's.

mmap said:
Right then.. After much quarreling with Paypal and the seller, I got the DVD's today :D

BUT, they are not DVD quality as he promised, every single episode I had a look at was taken from the internet (there's even a JW rip in there :censored: ). Now this isn't such a catastrophy as they are as good as I already had and now I have 5 episodes on 1 disk instead of 2 + these have a nifty indexing/chapter system, which I have been wanting on my other "unofficial" DVD's.
only one JW rip?

what about episodes 1x03 and 1x04? they only seem to be available as JW rips.

How many disks are there total?

Could they be torrented? Cos I'm too lazy to convert all my videos and make the DVD's with chapters and menus. :p

12 disks in total.

Not enough space on my HD and 512kbs upload speed so no I cannot torrent them... Sorry

mmap said:
Yeah 1x03 was JW, but 1x04 was a BBC prime version...
YOU SERIOUS? :shock:

At least torrent 1x04! You can't possibly let us die of starvation for that episode...help the poor and the miserable :lol:

Jokes aside, what you can do is upload it to yousendit.com or some other upload it site and then have some other forum member with fat bandwith do the torrenting for you. In that way, we are all happy bunnies :mrgreen:

Mishal said:
At least torrent 1x04! You can't possibly let us die of starvation for that episode...help the poor and the miserable :lol:

I'll see what I can do once I get home... I'm sure that on that one episode something can be organised.

mmap said:
12 disks in total.

Not enough space on my HD and 512kbs upload speed so no I cannot torrent them... Sorry

How much does it cost to send 12 disks from Finland to Australia? :p

[quote="JanusHow much does it cost to send 12 disks from Finland to Australia? :p[/quote]

I've always wanted to se Australia so it's about the price of my flight ticket and I'll deliver them personally :p

Right it would appear that I have no idea how to "Extract" that one episode from the embedded DVD... So sorry but no can do.

It's relatively easy, if each episode is a seperate file on disk then you can use a program such as DVD Shrink to rip the DVD and then reauthor it to just include that file/episode. Very simple program to use, then I would also recommend to perhaps convert the file that it extracts to something more universal such as .avi, with the program that I use personally, Auto Gordian Knot :)